HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Sheave service update Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Sheave service update Vote_lcapSheave service update Voting_barSheave service update Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Sheave service update Vote_lcapSheave service update Voting_barSheave service update Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sheave service update

Go down 
+2
deerhunter
azzx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
azzx

azzx

Sheave service update Empty
PostSubject: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:51 am

Update on my sheave maintenance:

I service the sheaves last weekend, (2,500 miles since I installed the JBS greaseless sheave).

will try to post pictures
https://s850.photobucket.com/user/azzx1/media/P1020069_zpse7414854.jpg.html#/user/azzx1/media/P1020069_zpse7414854.jpg.html?&_suid=138237300328808976919131730685

The air duct that feeds to the top of the sheave housing had big hole because it was melted. I repaired it with an aluminum air duct for fire place and wrapped it with aluminum wrap. I am assuming the dust in the sheave got there through this hole.

The primary sheave was relatively clean; there was   couple of cups of silt in it. I cleaned it all up, replaced all seals and greased it (based on James’s video).

The secondary sheave was also in a good shape, cleaned it up and replaced all of the O-rings and seals.

While I had the rhino tore apart I did:

Valve adjustment, replaced all fluids, and cleaned the K&N, new plug, etc.

Also, I did the crank breather mod (followed James’s process)  

Questions/problems:

1-     Why would the heat ( I am assuming from the exhaust header) melt a hole in the snorkel)?

2-     I have the Dynatek module installed; the bike starts and runs well but kind of struggles to reach the top speed.

3-     I pulled the plug after 100 mile run and it was covered with black soot, so the bike is running rich.

4-     I started to muck around with the dials on the programmable Daynatk module, no major change.

5-     I have not removed the module to see if the bike runs better.

6-     Would a defective “air temp sensor” cause the bike run rich?

7-     Any ideas – either I am getting too much fuel or not getting enough air

Thanks
Back to top Go down
deerhunter

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:12 pm

My factory snorkel was melted too
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:52 am

sucks that you had some problems....Sorry i cant help you with why it melted and so on.
Back to top Go down
azzx

azzx

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 am

I talked to James yesterday, I am going to change the ignition coil with the Dynatek unit and also replace the air temp. sensor. Hopefuly these 2 items will take care of the rich running condition.
I repaired and wrapped the snorkle with alot of Alum. tape.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:01 pm

you should send that dynatek in and have them check it
Back to top Go down
azzx

azzx

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 am

Update:
It is running like a champ!
I got the coil from James and installed it today. I installed the Iridium plug (CPR7EAIX-9) and did Couple of test runs and the spark plug is nice and tan colored. No hesitation or stumble. So my guess is the stock coil was weak.
It comfortably goes up to 48MPH, 52 or so going down incline. Probably will go a lot faster if I did not have full windshield on the front, full Tusk shield behind the seat, and another full shield behind the roll cage.  
Thank you all for your help.
Special thanks to James and Nikki for getting my parts to me fast
!Sheave service update 11-9-114

Sheave service update 11-9-111
Back to top Go down
JBFIREMAN

JBFIREMAN

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:26 am

Nice rhino,Is that up on the rim I lived in apache Jct for 16 years then moved up here in 99 still have 1ac.lot near showlow.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:54 pm

what kind of doors are those?
Back to top Go down
azzx

azzx

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Yes this is near the Rim road, South of HWY 260 in Overgaard. I have a summer home in Overgaard where I keep the Rhino at. There are hundreds of miles great forest service trails, perfect year round riding. Fun in the snow in a month or so.   

The doors are J Strong. Work much better than the stock doors keeping the mud out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheave service update   Sheave service update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sheave service update
Page 1 of 1