HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 47 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 47 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Vote_lcapWhat is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Voting_barWhat is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Vote_lcapWhat is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Voting_barWhat is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail

Go down 
+6
wvdanno
08Rhino450SE
rhinoroger
mike734
Firefighter
thekevin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Empty
PostSubject: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Where I live I don't see many Arctic Cats but after reading about and watching videos of this new trail it looks pretty good.  60+ hp, 10 inches of travel and only 50" wide, I bet it is crazy in the woods.

http://www.arcticcat.com/sidexside/model/wildcattrailxt#lime
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Kevin I got to look and set in a 1000 when I was shopping. Very impressive ! I have yet to see one on our trail or talk to someone that has one. Interested in hearing what people have to say.......
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 pm

It's crazy that they are as small as they are and running 65mph from the factory.  I would like to sit in one and check it out.  I don't know that my 265lbs would fit very well in one.  If it was a single seat with everything in the middle, that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:22 pm

The seating is tight in them, for sure ! That is the first thing I'm not crazy about on my RZR...inside the cab is narrow and when You sit in it, it is like You are starring at the A post....Rhino had me spoiled !!!
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:28 pm

i dont like how low you sit in it. not good for mud holes and creek crossing. gonna get a wet ass.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm

mike734 wrote:
i dont like how low you sit in it. not good for mud holes and creek crossing. gonna get a wet ass.

Absolutely !! Wild cat or RZR will require hip waders if You are creek riding......
Back to top Go down
rhinoroger

rhinoroger

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:37 pm

All I hear around here is no one can keep all the parts together, always something coming loose or falling off, just not dependable for very long, guys traded them off, mainly the 1000's, not much history on the 50''
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 pm

if i were in the market i would definitely take a look at it. price is a very motivating factor  bounce
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 3:40 pm

i would take a teryx or viking over that.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:01 pm

A teryx or viking is huge compared to one of these though.  The thing I like about it is how compact it is and still has good suspension.  One of the reviews I watched said that this was the best fit and finish he had seen out of arctic cat.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:22 pm

990 lbs : 60 HP = good power to weight ratio = feel good factor

i think the rzrs have better suspension.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah, I was talking to Rodney about that earlier today.  I don't think I could bring myself to buy an Arctic Cat but I figure the other manufacturers will make something similar soon.  I would be interested if Polaris made one.  I went and looked at an XP 1000 in person yesterday, holy crap those things are huge.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 4:47 pm

thekevin wrote:
Yeah, I was talking to Rodney about that earlier today.  I don't think I could bring myself to buy an Arctic Cat but I figure the other manufacturers will make something similar soon.  I would be interested if Polaris made one.  I went and looked at an XP 1000 in person yesterday, holy crap those things are huge.

yeah they are big. there was one on the hhr ride and to be honest I was not impressed with what I saw.
Back to top Go down
wvdanno

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I like the styling, wish the new Yamaha would have been a little more to this sizing.  Looks to have more capacity than a RZR in the bed.  Not crazy about the arctic cat machines that i've ridden with and on, but to each his own.  My Rhino is mechanically stock with a few cosmetic additions and I am happy with its ability...just gotta get it a little more sport.  Waiting on the happy funds to come in.  The price point is not bad on the machine though, should put a dent in the RZR market if it proves to be dependable/capable.
Back to top Go down
wvdanno

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:22 pm

And I'll also say that I looked hard (HARD) at the Vikings befor I picked up the Rhino.  Had a dealer ready to go with a good price (under retail) but the sheer size pushed me away.  And I'm glad to say I didn't pull the trigger on it, because the trails in and out of some of my hunting spots this year, and some of my riding trails...tight on the Rhino, impossible with the wider Viking.  Which brings me to why I bought the Rhino, size, capability, durability...No bushings wearing out every few hundred miles, etc.

The Wildcat Trail, is pointed well at the trail market by size, speed, power, bed capacity....

The Viking should have been called the Viking Farm Use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-XS7p80hU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by wvdanno on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Polaris makes an RZR 800 XC that's 55" wide with 26” Maxxis Bighorn tires, Walker Evans shocks, PRP Seats, power steering. but its also $15,299 compared the $11,999 Artic Cat.

For $3300 I can do a lot with the Artic Cat like PRP seats , Elka or any other shock , Trail Bright Led lights  Cool , roof and a bunch of other stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 pm

mike734 wrote:
thekevin wrote:

yeah they are big. there was one on the hhr ride and to be honest I was not impressed with what I saw.

spoke to that guy. he has a 900 XP also, and said he wished he would have brought that for the tight trails we were on...
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 pm

I dunno it was big but when Fat Boy backed into the hole that bubba and scott where stuck in and ripped it!!! He sprayed mud everywhere I mean had no problem turning the tires, and I was impressed… Until he splashed me and the kids with water LOL You had to be there. Tommy would understand he got it to.
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 pm

they deff have the looks that's for sure but that's all they have my buddy bought a 1000 wildcat an it wouldn't run after 26 miles so he brought it back an bought a rzr s an so far he hasn't had a problem with the rzr other than a arm bushings an the front cv guards would hit the caliper when he turned hard an he would loose his brakes until he pumped them up an those were dealer add ons
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 pm

I hate to say it but I have been looking very hard at the 800s and the 900 xp. And seems with just a few little tweaks they can be very good machines.
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 pm

CamoRhino660 wrote:
I hate to say it but I have been looking very hard at the 800s and the 900 xp. And seems with just a few little tweaks they can be very good machines.
same here! but im not giving up on my little rhino just yet lol with the 686 an cam an ported head I could take my buddys stock rzr 800 off the line for a little bit than he would go by me im hoping this stroker motor with stay right with him if not ahead of him lol if not im going to put nos to it lol
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:44 pm

O I could never part with my rhino! Lol I have the same 686 build but still have a stock head. That's why is been a lil harder to talk the war department into it cause I'm not getting rid of the rhino!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail   What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyones thoughts on the new Wildcat Trail
Page 1 of 1