HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Best CDI in your opinion Vote_lcapBest CDI in your opinion Voting_barBest CDI in your opinion Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Best CDI in your opinion Vote_lcapBest CDI in your opinion Voting_barBest CDI in your opinion Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Best CDI in your opinion

Go down 
+5
rockin rhino
meats
madmax 1
Firefighter
foyota86
9 posters
AuthorMessage
foyota86

foyota86

Best CDI in your opinion Empty
PostSubject: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 pm

I got to run faster than 37-38. I don't like the cut off. I am responsible enough to govern my speed. So which one, part number please. This may be like an oil debate, but I just want yall's experience.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Dynatech from JBS for a 660 ! I have the MSD Charge which is an add on to OEM CDI. It is cheaper but doesn't allow as much top speed.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:45 pm

i have the dynatek also and was wanting to know if the programable ones (msd) were better ?
Back to top Go down
meats

meats

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:53 pm

i got the msd charge for my 660 and the box said 10mph in 10 min. and they wern't kidding 600 miles and no problems yet
Back to top Go down
rockin rhino

rockin rhino

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 3:31 pm

i got the black rhino on mine and it seems to work good
mine is all stock with stock tires only thing done is the cdi box and i can get mine to 47-48 mph
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:10 pm

So is the MS Charge a CDI, like black rhino and the others? Or is it just a bypass, so to speak, of the rev limiter?
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:27 pm

With the MSD Charge You use You factory CDI. All it does is raise the rev / speed limiter up. Mine hits the rev limiter at 54 mph
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:38 pm

So no reverse "unlimiter"? This may be the way to go for my style of riding and model of rhino maybe, though I would like to have WOT in reverse. What is a safe max rpm on a stocker?
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Dynatec for the 660!! no problems here!!
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 am

foyota86 wrote:
So no reverse "unlimiter"? This may be the way to go for my style of riding and model of rhino maybe, though I would like to have WOT in reverse. What is a safe max rpm on a stocker?

MSD Charge on 660

Willy, I tried mine in reverse over the weekend. Got to 16 mph and NO limiter. Still not sure if it has one or not, but that was as fast as I wanted to try in reverse.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Willy, What size is your Rhino? Depending on what you have, there are many different mods that you can apply to get the speed you want. My 06/450 will now runout at 38-39 on the flats and 42 downhill. And it's also hauling and turning alot of extra weight. You can see what's on my bike in the signature. By far the JBS Hot Rod Sheave Kit and a CDI or MSD will gain you more performance. And more spin on your tires in reverse. Best CDI in your opinion 2016508534Best CDI in your opinion 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Willy, see your sig didn't show up in the first post on this threat, but I see now you have an 07/660. Larry (Firefighter; AKA-Lumber Jack)and you are running very similar bikes other than some lit mods that Larry has done with the clutching and air/fuel. Think Larry's hitting into the 50's pretty quick. He has a speed video on the site you should checkout. Yep, a 660 shouldn't be neck & neck with a 450 coming by the checkered flag. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

And here Ya go !!!

Basically a JBS Sheave kit and MSD Charge. You can here it bouncing off the rev limiter at 54 mph

Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Wow. Sweet. That is what I want mine to do, not that I like to ride that way, but if I want to I could! I know for sure JBS sheave is my 2nd to next purchase. Probably do CDI 1st. I just don't want run RPM too high and break it down. Thanks for sharing and the advice. Anyone know if JBS has a cdi with a "safety switch" to cut rpms below stock, might be able to slide that in with my better half. I have seen a few on feebay, just not to sure about brand name and would rather give my coins to JBS.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

JBS has the dynatech and if it doesn't have the switch, I think You can do Your own. SteveS knows how to do them ! The dynatech is a little better than the one I have !
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Steve the man for electrical! I'm still trying to figure out how to put some juper cables up on the telephone pole and bypass the meter cherrylol!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 pm

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
Steve the man for electrical! I'm still trying to figure out how to put some juper cables up on the telephone pole and bypass the meter cherrylol!

HaHa... Move to India! There, you can just tap onto your neighbor's tap elephant
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:19 pm

foyota86 wrote:
........Anyone know if JBS has a cdi with a "safety switch" to cut rpms below stock, might be able to slide that in with my better half.

Yeah, those are sometimes called 'brother in law switches'. You can do this on any Rhino by simply disconnecting the Reverse sense switch wire (green with white stripe) from it's switch. The Reverse indicator light then lights up all of the time and the 'reverse rev limiter', at about 4000 RPM, becomes active in any gear (and neutral). The regulated speed is then somewhere around 25 MPH in high gear. You can at the same time, rig up a disable of that limiter in reverse gear with the same switch (a double throw, center off switch), which simply grounds that same wire at the opposite throw position. This can be helpful if you need more power in reverse, such as backing up out of a really deep hole. If you need any more details, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best CDI in your opinion   Best CDI in your opinion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best CDI in your opinion
Page 1 of 1