HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 56 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Vote_lcapfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Voting_barfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Vote_lcapfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Voting_barfuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?

Go down 
+3
sls666
KJrhino
Kenny G
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenny G

Kenny G

fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Empty
PostSubject: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Put the loner (thanks James) A/F meter on the bike tonight and ran it around getting some readings before opening up the air box and adding the new exhaust tip. Wanted to see what stock settings were. Idling = 12.10-12.50; Mid-range = 13.50 - 13.90; WOT = 11.60 - 12.00. With the bed off I could hear some popping during mid-range. What type of numbers are the sweet spot for the Rhino. I've heard everything from mid 14's to high 11's. I don't know, so any input would be nice. Thanks. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 am

I asked James the same thing for my 700 he said i believe around 12.6 or 12.7. Sound right James or anybody who chimes in
Back to top Go down
sls666

sls666

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:05 am

I'm kinda just learning this whole thing but talking to my Harley mechanic he said 14.7 is optimum combustion ratio. He does know bikes and I was going to get him to install my cam so I guess I'll have to watch this one a l'il closer to make sure
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 am

I'm still just learning this myself, but from everything I've read so far, You want to be around 13 to 13.1.
Back to top Go down
sls666

sls666

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 am

Ok I could have heard wrong iwas thinking of doing gauge at the same time to tweak a map if I had too
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:15 am

12.7-13 is where mine runs the best
Back to top Go down
sls666

sls666

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 am

It's been a long time tho since I even looked at msd and tuner Jesus I was hoping that new rhino would be out by now
Back to top Go down
sls666

sls666

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:18 am

Ok man you'd know for sure
Back to top Go down
sls666

sls666

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 am

I never got any parts yet I'll try to get ahold of you today again
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:20 am

James is the lower the number, the richer the fuel and higher is leaner ?
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

Firefighter wrote:

13.5 A/F ratio means 13.5 parts Air to 1 part Fuel.

Kenny, does the "popping" occur when you lift throttle (take your foot off the gas)? is so, it would mean that your idle circuit is lean.
Most of the jetting relates to throttle position.

numbers look pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 am

With His WOT = 11.60 - 12.00, shouldn't He go up a size on main Jet ?
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 am

Firefighter wrote:
With His WOT = 11.60 - 12.00, shouldn't He go up a size on main Jet ?

that's one place you don't want to be lean...

kenny g: are these numbers before the air filter and exhaust tip???
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:23 pm

08Rhino450SE wrote:
Firefighter wrote:

13.5 A/F ratio means 13.5 parts Air to 1 part Fuel.

Kenny, does the "popping" occur when you lift throttle (take your foot off the gas)? is so, it would mean that your idle circuit is lean.
Most of the jetting relates to throttle position.

numbers look pretty good to me.

The popping was while the rpm's were climbing in the mid-range (17-18 mph), and out of a 1/2 dzn runs it only popped twice through the mid-range only. Yes Denny, I wanted to see what the bike was running at factory settings before going '04 Style' with the air & exhaust tip. I'll add the tip and pull air snorkel tonight and make some new runs. If it quits snowing here!!! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:00 pm

while you have it torn down, you might want to get one of these kolpin vortex turbulators.
it goes on the "back" side of the carb, between the carb and head. it increases the swirl (velocity) and supply of air and fuel into the combustion chamber, which causes the fuel to atomize better and creates better combustion efficiency, which is what the race for "more speed" is all about.
i use them in my harleys and they give a pretty good seat of the pants increase in power right where you want it. bounce

https://www.denniskirk.com/turbulator-for-30-34mm-carbs-tu10.p172133.prd
fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Turbul11
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 pm

and you can go straight to the source (or crank up the google machine yourself) for tuning tips for a mikuni 33mm bsr carburetor:

http://www.mikuni.com/fs-tuning_guide.html
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Thanks Denny, You've always got good input! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Excellent !!! I want to see the difference in 04 style intake and exhaust tip!
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Firefighter wrote:

you really ought to try one of those turbulators if you're carburetted.
i would really like to see what they do for fuel injection.
any time you can force more air into the combustion chamber you can add more fuel...
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 5:58 pm

08Rhino450SE wrote:
Firefighter wrote:

you really ought to try one of those turbulators if you're carburetted.
i would really like to see what they do for fuel injection.
any time you can force more air into the combustion chamber you can add more fuel...

Do you know if a turbulator was added after I get this gal's carb dialed in, I'd need to re-read the A/F mix, with possible different jetting? Or is the magic just in the mixing inside the throat. Sounds like a cool product to add-on for little $$.
Back to top Go down
ShowStopper71z28

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:13 pm

At wot u want to run around 12.8 +-.2. This is where you will make the most power. The only time you want to run 14.7 is when you are cruising. The lower the number the richer the motor is running. The higher the number the leaner the motor is running. If your motor is 12 at wot and you want to get to 12.8 you need to remove fuel. You will do this by going down in jet size. If you want to play safe I would run around 12.5. You will not make the most power but you will be the safest.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

ShowStopper71z28 wrote:
At wot u want to run around 12.8 +-.2. This is where you will make the most power. The only time you want to run 14.7 is when you are cruising. The lower the number the richer the motor is running. The higher the number the leaner the motor is running. If your motor is 12 at wot and you want to get to 12.8 you need to remove fuel. You will do this by going down in jet size. If you want to play safe I would run around 12.5. You will not make the most power but you will be the safest.

Do You know how much it changes at WOT by going up or down one size on the main Jet ?
Back to top Go down
ShowStopper71z28

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Kind of trial and error. If u need to go from 11 to 12.8 I would go 2 jet sizes smaller and test and see where u r at. If you need to go 12. To 12.8 I would just do one size. You need to keep mind. You might be at 12.8 at one rpm but could lean out 1000 rpm higher. So u need to get a good average for your wot. I would not run any leaner than. 13 for any rpm at wot.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Got it ! Thank You Sir !
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Changed out the exhaust tip and pulled the OEM air snorkel. Ran tests with A/F meter on pavement. These are averages from 1/2 dzn runs. Idle = 12.26 - 12.43; mid-range = 12.20 - 12.40; wot = 10.73 - 11.16. Did notice that the popping in the mid-range was gone, and when in cruse mode at around 20 mph holding the A/F was reading up to 14 +/-. So it richened out the mid-range and richened up the wot by adding air in and opening up the exhaust. This is testing at 5400' and most of my riding is done between 6500-8000+'. Anyone know how this might effect the whole can of beans? Talked with the dealership today, they said all Rhinos are jetted for sea-level. Noticed a good difference in speed pickup. Point A to point B. Any input. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?   fuel - WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHAT SAY YOU ON AIR/FUEL MIX NUMBERS?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next