HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Fuel filter empty while running Vote_lcapFuel filter empty while running Voting_barFuel filter empty while running Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Fuel filter empty while running Vote_lcapFuel filter empty while running Voting_barFuel filter empty while running Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fuel filter empty while running

Go down 
+2
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
slomo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
slomo

slomo

Fuel filter empty while running Empty
PostSubject: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Changed my fuel filter in my 05 660 and pump, noticed it is hard to start even warm like it loses its prime and while idling the filter is empty when I shut rhino off fuel flows back and fills the filter is this normal anyone have an idea? Checked vent seems ok took cap off fuel tank to confirm if vent was plugged, little black roll over valve seems ok but not sure how to check properly Thanks
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Did you put stocker back in or aftermarket?
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

if filter is empty at idle it shouldn't be running does it shut off
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Stock pump and yes idling the filter looks empty doesn't shut off revs up ok it just looks like the machine is sucking all the fuel out and as soon as I shut it down the filter fills up, I also pulled the part on the fuel tank to look fo restrictions and nothing all hoses seem good
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:35 pm

never really paid that much attention to it but mine at idle looks only about half full runs great though maybe james will chime in
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:48 pm

I had troubles like that with the stocker too, but it eventually just went out, if it runs good I would just run it. The previous owner of our rhino went through three or four pumps, when I bought it after two months the one in it went out. I bought another one for 70 bucks before I knew about JBS and it went out in about 4 or 5 months. Replaced with Weller racing kit and haven't had any problems, it has clear fuel lines and is very professional and some people on here have about 4 thousand miles on there pumps! One more thing on your fuel tank there is a fuel pickup, one is the return line and the other is your delivery, make sure it isn't cracked because it will be sucking air, I replaced mine with a billet one, that's what may have caused so many of mine to go out but who knows. Sorry for the rant hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I'll check it out thanks
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Have air getting in I see it in the line before the filter but can't see anything out of the ordinary any more ideas
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:15 pm

You guys tell me if this is a bad idea but what if you pressurized the system with air like you would a radiator to find leaks. You might be able to here a hissing noise or something, just an idea?
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:29 am

Has anyone looked at the fuel filter while its running ? I can't find any leaks
Thanks
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:28 am

I'll check mine but I thing it usually has a quarter to half full.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:11 am

On the ones I have fooled with...the filter never "fills up" like they do on an auto...the clear line is the best way to trubble "shoot" it. You can see the gas flow.
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Well everything up to the carb appears fine, revs slow and takes a while to get up to 50 and last 1/4-1/8 throttle seems boggy going to pull the carb and clean it out and will see if that helps
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Make sure the breather tube that comes out of the tank that goes into the roll cage is cut at an angle so it doesn't create a suction.
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:58 pm

Will do thanks I haven't checked that
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:21 am

so if you had air in line before filter , an don't see nothing may check your pick-up line in tank could have hole inside of tank
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:16 pm

rhino727 wrote:
so if you had air in line before filter , an don't see nothing may check your pick-up line in tank could have hole inside of tank
I plugged the end and applied vacuum to the lines held 15hg so no leak there and applied vacuum through the plastic fuel feed/return plastic piece and held vacuum
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:42 am

Well starting to think its normal, put new carb on bog is gone, I took the other apart and cleaned several times I think what happened was when I installed the orange spring it loaded the engine differently and exposed the carb problem that I couldn't feel with the soft stock spring as it was trying to rev higher with the new spring,going to test out after work in the bogs tomorrow but all appears well now just running the filter looks empty, starts right up without choking it to death and doesn't lose the prime in the carb
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:51 am

Fuel filter empty while running 2016508534Fuel filter empty while running 2016508534Glad you got it worked out!!!
Back to top Go down
EddieMc

EddieMc

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:49 am

ditch the stock style pumps and go to a black rhino electric fuel pump best ive ever had all my buddies have them..
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm

a dirty carb can cause alot of weird shit cleaned mine this past weekend bowl was full of crud and needle had a little brown ring around it buffed it off with a grey scotch brite now runs and idles even better
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:03 am

glad you got it Fuel filter empty while running 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel filter empty while running   Fuel filter empty while running Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel filter empty while running
Page 1 of 1