HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Redneck A/C or Airflow Vote_lcapRedneck A/C or Airflow Voting_barRedneck A/C or Airflow Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Redneck A/C or Airflow Vote_lcapRedneck A/C or Airflow Voting_barRedneck A/C or Airflow Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Redneck A/C or Airflow

Go down 
+10
Snorhino
madmax 1
T.Rhino
rhino727
mike734
SteveS
WV Hot Rod Rhino
flimmy
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
Firefighter
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Firefighter

Firefighter

Redneck A/C or Airflow Empty
PostSubject: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Ok guys, I don't know how many of You remember my redneck foot warmer, but it was basically a threaded 3in PVC pipe fitting that I put under my dash and then ran a hose to the back of the radiator. The result was warm air that came through the radiator was blowing into the cab on my feet. When the radiator fan came on, it would just blow a little harder and hotter. Worked great and my wife loves it ! The reason for the threaded fitting was so I could screw a plug in it for days when it warmed up during the ride.

Redneck A/C or Airflow Photo_22

Redneck A/C or Airflow Photo_23

Well now it is warming up so I moved the hose from behind the radiator to right behind the middle opening in the grill. What this does is blow clean cool air into the cab. The faster You go, the harder it blows. The main idea behind this is that it adds positive pressure air to the cab side of the windshield preventing some of the dust storm.

Redneck A/C or Airflow Img_0410

Redneck A/C or Airflow Img_0413

Now for part 2......

I installed a Bilge Blower underneath the engine cowl at the very back, right above the CVT exhaust pointing towards the bed. I then cut a hole (about 5x10in) in the front of the bed and then covered the hole with a simple vent cover. What this does is allow for that super hot air in the enginge compartment to be blown out by the blower. I done this because I never did like how hot the engine compartment was. The unseen advantage was that the dust storm that gets caught up in the dead space under the engine cowl is now bown out and is cleaner and cooler. If the fan is not on You get the heat off the center console and hot air blowing in around the shifter and e brake. With the fan on, the engine cover is cool to the touch and no hot air blowing through the cracks.

Redneck A/C or Airflow Img_0411

Redneck A/C or Airflow Img_0412

Redneck A/C or Airflow Photo_24

The bilge blower has been on there for a long time, but what I have just found is that the combination of the two setups has greatly reduced the heat of the engine cowl, the heat inside the cab, the dust under the engine cover (less dust in my 04 style air filter), the dust that comes in under the seats.

This is very redneck, but makes my riding that much more comfy.

Questions, comments, more or better ideas........all welcome

Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Lookin good Larry!!! That's some pretty good ideas! Redneck A/C or Airflow 2016508534
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Now come up with a way to run a copper line into a cooler full of ice and then to the hose coming into the front of the cab for even cooler air afro

Maybe use a bilge pump to circulate the water.

Maybe a heater that is converted over to ac in the summer
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

nice!!!....they are hot!!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Love it! Great ideas, comfy is good.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:39 pm

thats a damn good idea.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:26 am

that's a good idea
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:47 am

Great idea.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 7:29 pm

cool ideas larry and great pics
Back to top Go down
Snorhino

Snorhino

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:11 pm

clever indeed
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Wile.....E......coyote.....super genius!!!!

GREAT IDEAS!!!!!!!!

Steve
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks Guys !

I actually like the airflow so much, I went back and added a bilge blower under the hood behind the grill. Now it blows much more cool air even when I'm sitting still.
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:02 am

Hey larry,

Not wanting to be a dumb a$$ here but exactly what is a bilge blower???
Never was a boat guy.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:38 am

Redneck A/C or Airflow Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgViflDPqiTxaBmbyhM1PdAB1C73_dzuBwgwshFwwz3W6LLfGu3g
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:44 am

4x4ff wrote:
Hey larry,

Not wanting to be a dumb a$$ here but exactly what is a bilge blower???
Never was a boat guy.

Steve

A fire guy needs to know about this sort of thing. A bilge is the bottom of the hull inside of the boat, a place where gasoline vapor tends to collect (along with bilge water :-). The bilge blower prevents that vapor from getting to the concentration where the boat can blow up. A mandated marine fire safety thing for gasoline inboard engines.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:50 am

Nice!!! Redneck A/C or Airflow 2016508534 Another great explanation SteveS!
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:18 am

Ahhhhh.......now I get it.....duh!!!

My town is on the river but the only boat fires we ever get are motor vessels (eg barges....eg big boats). I told you I wasn't a boat guy....lol

BTW....I assume they blow better than standard fans??? If not what is their advantage?

Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 7:00 am

Larry the vent that you have placed in the bed how did you work around your ryde on dust cover ?
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:28 am

4x4ff wrote:
.......BTW....I assume they blow better than standard fans??? If not what is their advantage?

As I see it, they usally run on 12 VDC, and even more important, they are designed to work in-line with ducting hose. Easy to rig up.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:48 am

T.Rhino wrote:
Larry the vent that you have placed in the bed how did you work around your ryde on dust cover ?

I need to take a better pic or vid to better explain.

On the very back of the engine cover there is a lip that drops down probably 2 inches. Since the Ryde On dust cover hides that part, I cut it off so that it would not trap heat. On the back piece or flat panel part of the dust cover, I fold the bottom half up to keep it from blocking the vent.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:52 am

SteveS wrote:
4x4ff wrote:
.......BTW....I assume they blow better than standard fans??? If not what is their advantage?

As I see it, they usally run on 12 VDC, and even more important, they are designed to work in-line with ducting hose. Easy to rig up.

Correct ! And with the shape of the housing and the type of blades on the fan, It seems to flow more volume than say a "flat" style fan.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Couple of neat vids about the heat in a Rhino and then the vent / blower that I added.............

Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Great videos. Really helpful to.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm

T.Rhino wrote:
Great videos. Really helpful to.

Teddy were You able to see how I fold up the back part of the dust cover ? When I don't have my back glass on, I fold it the same way and just close the bed on it.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing and doing that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redneck A/C or Airflow   Redneck A/C or Airflow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redneck A/C or Airflow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next