HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Vote_lcapBC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Voting_barBC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Vote_lcapBC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Voting_barBC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)

Go down 
+9
WV Hot Rod Rhino
chuddly
T.Rhino
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
Firefighter
rhino727
08Rhino450SE
Yotehunter66
Tunderslimer
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Empty
PostSubject: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I bought an 06 660 earlier this year, traded in my wife's new dirtbike and my 01 Raptor 660. I love it so far (except for the primary sheave blowing up.) I LOVE having beer holders and a stereo system on the trails. Oh, and super comfy seats.

I hate phones, or maybe I'm just scared to call anyone, but I'm here trolling around looking at what a good starting JBS setup would be. Seems to be the way everyone on the internet is going.

I think my rig is heavy, it's a 4 seat conversion, running 27" ITP Mud Lites. It was pretty gutless as far as bottom end goes. Now it's real bad, so I opened up the now destroyed primary.

My riding style varies. I do some rough/steep/rocky/tricky trails, lots of gravel roads to get to said trails, and love deep mud and water. It doesn't need to be a speed demon, but being able to do 40 mph for a while would be awesome. What I really want is lots of grunt to spin the tires in gravel... I LOVE that shit. Ya know, hit it, peel the tires, spray a bunch of gravel, get a little sideways, drift around some gravel road corners... that sort of thing.

It's jetted, has a K&N and has some programmable CDI in it, but is stock pretty much otherwise. I just need jam. I don't know anything about sheaves, this is my first machine with something like this.

Anyways, hello, and any ideas as far as what to get would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:58 pm

You're in the right place. Welcome. Call James he'll set you up.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Yotehunter66 wrote:
You're in the right place. Welcome. Call James he'll set you up.

X2 welcome to the site! james will chime in after he stops dreaming about his new viking bounce
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:57 pm

welcome x3 james will show ya what ya need
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Hello Tunderslimer and welcome to the forum.

The JBS sheave kit is exactly what You are looking for. It will give You a bunch more low end grunt to spin those tires and You will be able to run 40 to 50 mph all day !

For a complete kit it will run You around $320. Best mod You can do on a Rhino.

Here is a vid of my 660 with JBS Sheave kit to give You an idea of what it will do. My motor is stock.

Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 am

Firefighter wrote:
Hello Tunderslimer and welcome to the forum.

The JBS sheave kit is exactly what You are looking for. It will give You a bunch more low end grunt to spin those tires and You will be able to run 40 to 50 mph all day !

For a complete kit it will run You around $320. Best mod You can do on a Rhino.

Here is a vid of my 660 with JBS Sheave kit to give You an idea of what it will do. My motor is stock.

YES. I need jam. I will call James tomorrow, I need to get my rig back together! 54 mph is nuts, mine topped out at about 70 km/h before... this would be quite an improvement on the top end, but really all I want is gravel spitting lows. (The top is nice too haha)
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 am

Welcome aboard!!! BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) 2016508534 JBS sheave is the only way to go!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:00 am

Welcome to the site there is alot of good people here with a lot of good help.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:01 am

welcome to the site.  Call James and you will be VERY happy with what you get.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:25 am

give me a call
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 am

eeeeeeeee I did it!!
Back to top Go down
scotearl

scotearl

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Welcome!  I found this forum while researching a sheave as well - got mine on the way!

As others have said - James is great (and Nikki).  Tons of solid information here.
Back to top Go down
RhinoGT350

RhinoGT350

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:37 pm

welcome bro nice to meet you
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:53 pm

welcome man, James's sheaves are the shit get one and you'll love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:59 pm

I ordered it this morning!!  James said they should ship next week!!  Very Happy

(I'm going camping this weekend though... man, what am I gonna do all day, besides the obvious get drunk?!)
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:14 pm

James you received my paypal transfer I hope??
Back to top Go down
thekrust

thekrust

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Where in BC you ridin? Maybe will see you out on the trails. That avatar pic looks familiar, like one of my customers, where did you pick it up?
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am

We ride mostly West Harrison, sometimes Stave Lake for quick day trips.  Fraser Valley mostly.  My parents live in Vernon, might try and see if we can find some trails up there.

I bought the Rhino from International Motorsports... no idea where it might have come from haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)   BC, Canada here!  (The Wet Coast.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BC, Canada here! (The Wet Coast.)
Page 1 of 1