HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
is my OD weight flopped out of position Vote_lcapis my OD weight flopped out of position Voting_baris my OD weight flopped out of position Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
is my OD weight flopped out of position Vote_lcapis my OD weight flopped out of position Voting_baris my OD weight flopped out of position Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

is my OD weight flopped out of position

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RADICAL RAM

is my OD weight flopped out of position Empty
PostSubject: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:02 am

I installed my JBS sheave this spring and ran it a few weeks before bending a valve so its sat now for a while.
(without taking the sheave off and taking it apart) is there a way to tell if one or more of my weights are not in right??
Reason for asking is i don't have an impact and its a real pain to keep engine from turning and get the nut off and on without impact.
Before bent valve something was definitely not right with my setup. I had absolute no take off power. 
From a dead stop on gravel road could not break rear tires loose at all. It just bogged down as if trying to take off in too high of gear. Once i got it moving about 5-10 MPH the mid range came in hard and it would pull strong. After mid range top end to me seemed very flat and would not pull at all.

never had any issues before running stock sheave, 14g weights, purple spring

now have JBS, 16 OD's, orange spring, brand new wet clutch/drum with slug kit.

06 660, stage 1 cam, bored .30 over, stock compression, CDI, stock exhaust & 04 style intake, 27" mudlites.

Sound like a weight out of place to anyone else???

thanks
Kyle
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 am

I am not sure, but you might be able to look at the holes in the camplate.  Make sure the space is even.  If it is not that could be an indication.

You should also check where your belt rides, both at idle and when you rev it up.  It should move from the top (even a little higher) of the secondary to the top of the primary.  

Watch for a deal on an electric impact sometimes Harbor Freight has a sale for around 30 bucks.  I am sure plenty of folks will complain about the quality of such cheap tools, but it is handy for a rhino owner to have.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 3:53 am

I use a impact to take mine off, but torque it to spec when I put it back on.  This may sound like a bad idea, but I've done it 3 times on a grizzly, and twice on a rhino...I wedge a 6" socket extension between the frame and one of the fins on the sheave to keep it from moving.  Maybe you can do that to get it loose. 

I would fix the engine problem 1st and drive it to see how it runs.  Maybe something was not right leading up to the bent valve causing the power loss.  If it still runs like crap, tear into the clutch.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:05 am

I would fix the engine problem first also a weight flipped over will normally affect your top end more then your take off.
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RAM

PostSubject: Re: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 am

Hump wrote:
I use a impact to take mine off, but torque it to spec when I put it back on.  This may sound like a bad idea, but I've done it 3 times on a grizzly, and twice on a rhino...I wedge a 6" socket extension between the frame and one of the fins on the sheave to keep it from moving.  Maybe you can do that to get it loose. 

I would fix the engine problem 1st and drive it to see how it runs.  Maybe something was not right leading up to the bent valve causing the power loss.  If it still runs like crap, tear into the clutch.

I am pretty sure the bent valve was because i had valve adjusted too tight. I had just installed the stage 1 cam and set the valve clearance per the manual and did not realize the bigger cam required different clearance.

Any other reasons that might cause a valve to bend at wide open throttle.
Also did not upgrade all of the valve springs after installing the bigger cam only upgraded the center spring on intake side. Anyone think that could have caused the bent valve.
Back to top Go down
RADICAL RAM

PostSubject: Re: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:16 am

T.Rhino wrote:
I would fix the engine problem first also a weight flipped over will normally affect your top end more then your take off.

just got the head finished and replaced stock valve springs with heavier ones so we will see how it runs soon.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is my OD weight flopped out of position   is my OD weight flopped out of position Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is my OD weight flopped out of position
Page 1 of 1