HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Working on design for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Working on design for James Vote_lcapWorking on design for James Voting_barWorking on design for James Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Working on design for James Vote_lcapWorking on design for James Voting_barWorking on design for James Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Working on design for James

Go down 
+7
toobad4u
flimmy
Bumpers
T.Rhino
WV Hot Rod Rhino
123.bert0621
Baxter Built Fabrications
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Working on design for James Empty
PostSubject: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:02 pm

This is my 2nd attempt.I had some technical difficulties last night. lol In the first picture is how the front looks on my 4 seat cage design James.This is how I made the CAD drawings look on your 2 seater but it can be changed to suit your needs.  Working on design for James Null-5
On the 2nd 3rd and 4th.The red part represents the factory cage.The grey is your spec.3" drop at the B pillar and 3" in per side for a total of 6.I did rake the A pillar down slightly.I do it on mine but I can bring it back up flat if you like.Let me know what you think.Oh and the horizontal bar going from A pillar to A pillar is also how I do mine.It can be straight.It's just kinda my trade mark and makes it looked pissed.Very Happy  Everyone in my area knows if it came from my shop by that look.It does nothing other than looks.It makes it slighly harder to wrap a roof around it, but after done, looks good.This is my opinion though.So don't take offence to it.lol   Working on design for James Null-3
Working on design for James Null-25
Working on design for James Null-26
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:15 pm

The A and B have to go up for a short distance before going in because the bungs need to be aligned the the factory chassis.If I do it any shorter I can't get the tube in the bender without bending it then cutting it off  .I can make the distance shorter at the B by another 6" if you want though.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Real cool so far,how would the sport roof might fit,adding bars?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:15 pm

can we do it like this so i can do my roofs the same

Working on design for James Null-210
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Do you have any drawings of the back & is it going to bolt to the frame or bed ?
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:02 pm

just buy my cage and I will build another... I want to chop and drop mine anyways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 pm

How do you attach your top James? Is there a specific distance on those top bars or do you just wrap a clamp around the tube and drill a hole thew the clamp and top?

T rhino in this pic it's going to the bed.Don't be affraid to give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you want a better explaination of why it's not going to the suspension.It's better explained in person than trying to fallow what I'm saying here.lol
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Baxter Built Fabrications wrote:
How do you attach your top James? Is there a specific distance on those top bars or do you just wrap a clamp around the tube and drill a hole thew the clamp and top?

T rhino in this pic it's going to the bed.Don't be affraid to give me a call at 419-953-8509 if you want a better explaination of why it's not going to the suspension.It's better explained in person than trying to fallow what I'm saying here.lol
 clamp around tube....
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Bumpers wrote:
just buy my cage and I will build another... I want to chop and drop mine anyways
thanks and trust me I would cause your cage is bad ass but the 06 is different then the 08 cage but thanks for the offer
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Don't forget tabs for your light bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 pm

That what you after?I even put it in Hot Rod red.Twisted Evil lol
Working on design for James Null-4
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Looks good just needs a passenger grab bar and I was thanking maybe a small angle gusset in each corner threaded in the middle of the gusset so you could reassess your windshield and screw it into the gussets with a small viser over top to hold a Flimmy light and shed the rain away. Ohh yea a cooler rack in the back or spare tire holder. Perfect
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:59 pm

and Teddy will send you the address to send it to. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Hell no I will pick it up shipping cost to much. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 pm

T.Rhino wrote:
Hell no I will pick it up shipping cost to much. Lol
 This is very true. As far as tabs I can cut just about anything you need off the cnc plasma table.
Back to top Go down
toobad4u

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Your CAD drawing looks very similar to some hand drawings I have  for the new cage going into my rhino.  Similar brow bar and all.  We had that design on our rock crawlers back in the day.  I am working on the  rear section design now.  I want to be able to still dump the bed if at all possible.  I'll start a thread in a couple weeks when I start the build. I would also be interested in seeing how you are planning on attaching it to the bed.  If you have any ideas on the bed still tilting, I'm listening.  

Thanks,
Stephen
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:23 pm

I like the last print out of cage , looks good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:29 pm

My old 4 seat cages allowed you to dump the bed if you took the seat out and rear cage support that went down to the suspension.Problem I had with that design was:no matter what we may think, these things take some abuse, and over time your Rhino will get slightly twisted.Getting something to drop on the A pillar to the B and then wrap around and hit the suspension is easy when it's new.But when you try to put it on another used machine you will call me everything but a white man.lol When you bend your rear bars above the bed put a slight 3" kick out about 6" behind the B pillar.The way your bed pivots it will allow you to clear the front of your bed fenders.I'll look for some old pics
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:33 pm

That is nice.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:27 am

Nice!!
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:29 am

Looks like the roof will work with that one.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:30 am

Baxter Built Fabrications wrote:
That what you after?I even put it in Hot Rod red.Twisted Evil lol

thats it!!
Working on design for James Null-4
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:24 pm

nice, I dont trust the yamaha "sport"cage. I have turned mine over a few times and no flex or damage to my .095 DOM cage. well worth the money for me
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:40 pm

That really counts when your confident in your safety gear,plenty of other things to think about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on design for James   Working on design for James Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working on design for James
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next