HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Vote_lcapA Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Voting_barA Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Vote_lcapA Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Voting_barA Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)

Go down 
+2
madmax 1
ChrisH
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisH

ChrisH

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Empty
PostSubject: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Me and a friend went out in our look-alike Rhino 700s. We had a great time at the local mud park. It was super hot, but a thunderstorm rolled through in the afternoon.

Those 14G weights really helped get the motor reving up for more power. Be sure to check out the vid and look at the pics.

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo4_zps2cf368b7

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo5_zpsf7f6528f

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo3_zpsfa2787af

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo1_zpsdb510b43

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo2_zps08ce8198

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo21_zps8d9d3f0f

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo11_zpsa4cda1ed

Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:13 pm

cool pics and video, looks like one of my jrts nut sack hangin under one of them tho  lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:34 pm

haha!

I bought those truck nuts for all the machines in our group. Mine didn't like living behind the muzzys, and it neutered itself. Laughing 

That kind of winching was hell on my electrical system. It took three full spools to get him out of the mud. I would winch a spool in, let the battery recover for 10 min or so. Winch, recover, etc. And it was hot out there. It was about 100F and no breeze. I was surprised neither of our Rhino overheated in all that.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Chris that's some thick mud ya'll have there , glad you liked the 14s , would a 2nd battery help with the having to wait for battery to recover  Question
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 pm

rhino727 wrote:
Chris that's some thick mud ya'll have there , glad you liked the 14s , would a 2nd battery help with the having to wait for battery to recover  Question
Thanks man!
Yeah, a second battery would be helpful in that kind of stuff. I halfway want to put a second battery under the seat. However, the stock battery has never let me down so far. Neither has the stock Rhino 700 charging system. I do not want the extra weight, I guess is my main reason I haven't done it yet. I'm not saying it won't get done eventually... lol For now I'll run it as it is. I do put it on the charger before and after every ride. That has helped a lot.

Here's one last pic I found. This is why I love the low end power and the ground clearance. Crawling over downed trees and washouts in the sand is fun!

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Photo_zpsb6d4e0e8
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:29 pm

good ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How shes handling those 30's???
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:21 pm

Great pics & video looks like fun.
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 5:47 pm

banchee6 wrote:
good ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How shes handling those 30's???
Hey Eric, it's always good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your Rhino carnage. I "can-not" wait to see what you bring home next!

As to how my Rhino handles these 30s- honestly, it handles them effortlessly. Me and you don't ride quite the same kind of terrian. I know what you mean when you say you want something with some suspension. The ruts and holes like that make suspension and droop important to putting the power to the ground. For our riding, as you can see from this post, we hit mud but a lot of times it's bottomless peanut butter or a hole that has a bottom but covered in soup. We also ride a lot of trails and sand in the creeks. My Rhino can burn those 30s up.

All I can do is compare my Rhino to the RZRs we have in our group. One RZR is on 29.5" Outlaws (original) with a small lift. A Grizzly 660 on a custom 6" lift with 30" Moto Monsters got stuck in some peanut butter like in the pics above. The Grizzly ran his winch line out to the back of the RZR. The Grizz was buried pretty bad and the winch couldn't pull him. So the guy in the RZR put it in 4WD Low and tried to pull the Grizzly. The RZR could hardly turn the tires. It might have been turning them 3-4MPH, maybe. We all smelt the belt burning but it wasn't billowing smoke out the snorkel. I asked if he had clutch work and he said yes. I have no idea what it was but I was not real impressed (and he was kinda embarrassed because he couldn't pull the Grizzly out or even really spin his tires).

My Rhino has a little lighter tires but they are fairly tall and they do grip real well on the trail and loose dirt. I know that I can do most riding in High range and it doesn't struggle at all. I could tire off to a tree in 4WD High and it would spin the tires. The wet clutch would probably not like that but it would probably do it fairly easy. I worry about blowing up the middle drive gear or snapping the through-shaft because it's hard to sometimes gauge how much more traction you have when you also have so much more power. I'm sure a stock Rhino with a stock sheave with these tires would be struggling like crazy, and here I am putting  the power down. Yet, all the rest of the bottom end is stock.

I suppose my point is that eventhough it handles these bigger tires easily and turns them with little effort, I worry because the rest of the drive line is stock. It sure knows theres a lot more traction and a lot more twist coming from the engine. In a stock machine if you start bogging, you tend to back off and look for an easier line. But if you don't bog... well we all know how t sounds when metal literally breaks in half.

Luckily I haven't yet heard that sound. I know it is an expensive sound. lol!

Sorry for the long answer.

I wanted to say that I am 100% happy with the way my Rhino has turned out. Whenever you drive a stock Rhino after having driven a modded Rhino you know how docile these machines are on the showroom. Mine was just like that. revved all out to go 40MPH and then bogging to turn 27s in thick mud. So then the mods started...

Go a sheave so I could turn the tires easier. Did a cam because I wanted to go faster. Did a big bore because I wanted to turn the tires faster and go faster with more weight in the cab and bed... Next thing you know you have a money pit! haha!
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Glad they working out for you. I finally got my motor out today. Everything looked great inside. Wet clutch sound. Inside gears great. Reverse was just off the spot where it ride. One of the clips worked its way back and so did the reverse gear. I'll be ordering everything Monday. Slugs for the wet clutch, gaskets and new reverse. Going to get those arp head studs too. Figure just incase she makes it another year never know what could happen. Hopefully I'll have the motor back together by next weekend and back riding soon. I'll post a few pics of the reverse when we do the swap.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Eric , I believe that there's  a up date reverse gear for the 700 that is a one peace shaft & gear does away with the c-clip . good luck on getting back going
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:32 pm

You are correct on the upgraded shaft. Started using them in 2011. I'll be going back with the good stuff
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Thickest mud ive seen!! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)   A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Little Riding. A Little Stuck (pics and video)
Page 1 of 1