HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
First ride with JBS Vote_lcapFirst ride with JBS Voting_barFirst ride with JBS Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
First ride with JBS Vote_lcapFirst ride with JBS Voting_barFirst ride with JBS Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

First ride with JBS

Go down 
+5
123.bert0621
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Crusty
Hump
Schargedtaco
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Schargedtaco

First ride with JBS Empty
PostSubject: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Just got back from mountain riding with the new JBS sheeve. It was awesome!  Never had so much fun on the rhino and covered way more territory un the same time. Nothing like doing Brody's on 27,s in the parking lot! so much more getup on tap at any speed.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 am

My two favorite things about it are how quick it revs and pulls when you hit it and how the revs come down at higher speeds when you let up on it a little.  Makes a whole new machine out of it for sure.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:39 am

Yup I damn near gave up on the Rhino until I found this Forum, everyone I ride with has RZR's and would leave me in the dust and then the magical JBS sheave put me right on their asses and now I love my Rhino!!
Where did you go riding?
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:16 am

Went to American fork canyon. Awesome fall leaves and only saw two other bikes. Best part was the fee station is closed! Free riding until the government reopenes.. Where do you do most of your riding? 
Yeh without the sheeve the rhino top speed lack of torque was getting old quick, It was fine until I'd go with a group of razors or modified rhinos and got sick of eating everyone's dust. Don't think ill be ahead now but at least I won't be to far behind. A big bore kit is def tempting!
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 am

Nice ride up there, Sunday we went to Knolls and of coarse it was closed but it didn't stop us lol we try and hit a different place each week. 
Last weekend was knolls the week before was Moab and the week before that was 5 mile pass, we hit the Bountiful mountain a lot because it is only a couple miles from the house but so far American Fork Canyon is my favorite next to Moab.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:54 am

nice!!
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Def not excited for winter! We hit bountiful trail last month for a few hours, wish we had more time as there was trails all over up there. Would like to head up there again before the snow gets to deep. Let me know next time you plan on heading up there and well try and meet up.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:01 pm

The wife and I will be in the Rhino and my son will be on his Sportsman, we are going up this Saturday for a while.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Sounds like a great weekend, don't forget more of your cool pictures.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 am

I have a ton of pics that I could post but I always feel like I'm over doing it when I'm always posting them, just from the Moab trip I have close to 1,000 pictures just on my phone. 
We love taking pictures and also like to share the places we have been. 
Maybe I will start posting them on my Photobucket and just post a link to that so you guys can just look at all the pics on there or something.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

that would be great
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Crusty wrote:
I have a ton of pics that I could post but I always feel like I'm over doing it when I'm always posting them, just from the Moab trip I have close to 1,000 pictures just on my phone. 
We love taking pictures and also like to share the places we have been. 
Maybe I will start posting them on my Photobucket and just post a link to that so you guys can just look at all the pics on there or something.
LINK me Crusty-----------------------MOAB is soooooooooooooooooooooo cool. Im gonna bring my rhino or my 46 willys out some day.
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Hey Dusty. Are you running stock exhaust and filter and motor? What jetting are you running. I had a full exhaust I pulled off snd put the stock back on. Running a 162.5 main and stick pilot. Think its like a 40 or so. The bike seems to have lost some snap without full exhaust. It runs good overall but if I nail it from a stop there's some lag right off the bottom like a short blip before it then takes off and allows me to spin out 360,s. I recalled more torque right off the bottom before without hesitation. Wonder if in a tad rich. I've known others who I thought where close to the same jetting with stock pipe. Ya think I need a high altitude kit? I here those lean it out
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 pm

I'm running the stock exhaust with a tip, Dragonfire CDI and a K&N filter everything else is stock. 
Not sure on my jetting I only bought the Rhino about 4 months ago, I'm sure I need to get it jetted correctly as mine likes to backfire a lot when I let off the throttle. 
I'm sure I could get a lot more out of it but while I'm still riding every weekend I'm going to wait until it's too Damn cold outside before I do any more to it. 
I have really good low, medium and high end and in low range it almost feels like it pulls the front off the ground but it's probably not lol
My biggest problem is I ride anywhere from 4,500 ft to 10,000 ft elevation and don't really know much about jetting.
Back to top Go down
sugarbear

sugarbear

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:10 pm

On my old 660 I ran a 150 main 45 pilot and a/f screw 1.5 turns out. It ran great from 5000-10,000 feet
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:35 pm

I would go with Sugarbear's suggestion and if it starts running better the colder, winter (heavy air), it gets try a 145 in the spring when it gets warmer.  That's what was working for me.  I'd even use a 142.5 when it got really hot.  That would keep the af ratio from 12.8 to 13.5 at wot.
Back to top Go down
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Sugarbear..did you change the needle settings ? if so to what.. This is my next steep , doing the carb jetting..  Brewis :  was that jetting with the stock carb or with the 41 fcr carb? Danny
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm

It was with the FCR, but I just looked at my records and it was running best with a 147.5 with the stock carb, but in July at 78 degrees.  Might start here or try a 150.  Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 pm

sounds good Scott..would be great to take it up to 10k..going to try to make a return trip to marysvale utah again next year...Danny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First ride with JBS   First ride with JBS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First ride with JBS
Page 1 of 1