HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Rais tube Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Rais tube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Rais tube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Rais tube Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Rais tube Vote_lcapRais tube Voting_barRais tube Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rais tube

Go down 
+6
Kenny G
04rhino
rhino727
sugarbear
Tacoclaw
Schargedtaco
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:57 am

What do you all think of that Rais modification to the intake tube on a 660? What's the best intake setup in combination with the stock exhaust for power, ease of cleaning and filtration? Would this be better than doing away with the airbox and going UNI or k&n.
Back to top Go down
Tacoclaw

Tacoclaw

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:36 am

Nice name. Cool

I pulled my factory rais tube out and sealed the hole in the armrest, I'm almost able to have a conversation while driving now.   Of course that will but your inlet it warmer, dirtier air, but it's something to consider if you're not after max performance.
Back to top Go down
sugarbear

sugarbear

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:49 am

x2 on running 04 style intake and sealing off the arm rest
. only downfall is you have to clean your filter more often.!!!!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 am

changing  the  stock snorkel to the rais tube will let more air in ,will be cleaner air than the 04 set-up , if you ever run in water ..mud its best to go ahead an snorkel out an up just good insurance not to get water in motor an while your doing the air might as well do the belt intake an outlet to, again if you run in the nasty stuff
Back to top Go down
Tacoclaw

Tacoclaw

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:55 am

If you do a lot of high-speed riding and have a windshield then running your inlet to where it and the cowl meet is a good place, there's always a high-pressure area there.     However, though I haven't attempted it myself yet, I've read differing experiences with snorkeling the 660 engine.   Mostly about any real length of extra intake piping choking it out somewhat.  Perhaps having it there would help feed the engine at the higher RPMs where it chokes out. 

Is your priority strictly cleanliness of the incoming air?   You may actually want to put your inlet in a place where the air is actually moving rather quickly.   The area in the middle of the hood would probably have the quickest-moving air around the machine, besides the front fenders just frrward of the tire, so all things considered the dirt would have the least chance to get sucked into your intake there due to the momentum it would be carrying.   However, your intake would also have that much more trouble drawing in air there for the same reason.     If the tubing choking the engine thing turns out to be false, then it wouldn't matter though.  

I would think anyplace behind the hood/windshield area would be terrible due to the giant whirlwind that's always there.  It just traps and slows down dust so it can wait it's turn to go down your intake. 

JMO of course, I'm pretty new to rhinos but the airflow around cars/trucks oughta be the same way as these.
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:50 pm

I have my Rhino snorkeled ( 04- 660) to just behind the front of the hood to help quiete it down abit..also added a oblong filter made for a small trackter  from home depot, so far no problems ..have the uni-filter too..this past week had the exhaust tip modi to 1 1/2 id & 1 1/2 od the other end ( bought the adapter from O reillys here in town (Tooele 2.99) then found  a small shop to cut and weld it in place..behind the stock muffler I have the Benz silencer muffler..if you want to ck it out some time I,m just down the road..also stock tip is 1 1/8" on the the exhaust tip..Danny
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:03 pm

sugarbear wrote:
x2 on running 04 style intake and sealing off the arm rest
.  only downfall is you have to clean your filter more often.!!!!
X3 = 04 style air intake + more maintenance + more power.
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 1:12 pm

for what its worth   I just puchased a pre-filter that fits over the Uni-filter from e-bay for 20.00 + sh.. going to install it, when Crusty & I redo the JBS sheave ( was installed by the dealer ) think it has a flopped wt..I mainly ride in dusty conditions..should help keeping the filter cleaner..Danny
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Turns out my bike already had the RAiS intake in it. Go figure!! I like how he etched in RAIS pat pen with a scre driver or something by hand. Buy up a bunch of Home Depot vacuum ends and sell it as your own. I'm gonna stick with this maybe get a uni filter. 04 style gets to dirty to much cleaning plugging up filter. I would be interested in checking yours out Danny. Would be nice to relocate it and quiet it down. That RAIS is prob the reason I'm getting away with running a 162.5 main without it seeming overly rich. 
Put the msd charge in today and hitting 48 or so in the neighborhood on 27,s guessing its gonna peak somewhere around 50 with an open road.
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Let me know when you would like to check it out...mine with 25,s (stock) with the dynateck & JBS sheave / 16gr wts  only goes 46 mph after a long mile down hill,lol..hoping its just the flopped wt causing the slow speed and no real "WoW" factor..I didn,t think of vacum ends..let me know..haven,t had a chance to try it after the exhaust mod yet..
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Hmm have you checked your belt to make sure its riding up to the top of the sheave? How fast is it on flats
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:10 pm

I talked to James about it and he felt like it was a flopped wt..also said  most problems he found was with a dealer install.. failing to make sure the wts did not flop..on the flats does 43 mph..Danny
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Have you opened it up yet? If you have time we could pull it apart and may as well service it while in there, its pretty straightforward. We need to do some riding before the snow flies for sure. Did you say you have a tacoma? What year
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:52 pm

That might be even better than me driving from Bountiful to do it, I still have no problem doing it but with the both of you living in Tooele works out pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Here's a shot from Last ride. Getting cold up there quick
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:03 am

Hi Schargedtaco..the Jbs sheave was installed by steadmans, on has about 10 miles on it, but as I said didn,t have the "wow" and only does 42 on the flats..the organge sec spring was done last year by them also, but wondering if the spring is binding up and I didn,t know about the friction washers ( James sent me 2)along with both types of greases for the pri & secondary..also bought a 46 mm impact socket and 22 mm..I think I have everything for the job..just not sure if  I can do it myself.so any help would be great..yes I have a 2003 toyota tacoma trd pkg & added the trd super charger ( 2.2  pulley  8 lb boost). urd 7th injector kit,afe stage 3 induction kit & magna flow exhaust..wed helping a friend winterizing their trailer, installing plow & other projects, so what would work for you ? I have a friend with a heated garage that we should be able to use if its too cold, but I don,t have a stock rim  to compress the sec spring to install the washers.. that would be great if you could help ...Danny
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:50 am

Sounds like your all set! I was going to mention the sockets. I have a stock rim.  Do you have an air gun? I have a compressor. Ill be heading to Arizona on Thursday and will be back Tuesday late. i think i have that wed off so well plan for next week unless you get her done first. Def miss the tacoma. Had a 1999 supercharged with the pulley, urd programmer, supra injectors, magnaflow. Best engine ever! One of the best mods I did was the dual flexalite fans with thermostat it was an easy 10 hp. Are you running upgraded iridium plugs ?
Raced alot of the STS turbo tacomas when they first rolled out and would smoke em every time. They weren't to happy after dropping 4k the day before on the kit! Need to find me a nice used trd charger for my 4runner

Last edited by Schargedtaco on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Wed would be good..I have an elec. 1/2" drive impact if that would work...where would you like to do it ? I,m open here....sounds like you had a bad ass tacoma..  I really enjoy the Landcruisers too, looking for a mid 70,s wagon,  I had a 1977 fj-40 stock but it was a beast with the BF Mud- terrains..I found my charger on e-bay for 1200. Gen 2..only had 15K miles on it before it was totaled, but I did have some trouble finding the parts he coudn,t take off..I have the URD progammer & I am running the Iridium plugs..if i keep my foot out of it still get 21 mpg, but that doesn,t happen very often,lol..Danny
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:01 pm

changed mine from rais to 04 style , still runs great but much quieter in the cab
Back to top Go down
Schargedtaco

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:19 am

Sounds good. Do you have tue or we'd off or are you just off after 5pm?
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:46 am

Schargedtaco    that's nice of you to help out .......I 've said it before an will say it again , nothing but good folks on here cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Schargedtaco  & Crusty, both "thank you " for the offers..I went on  you-tube and watched the vids ..wasn,t that hard  ( knew if I did get myself in trouble  both you guys would have helped me out,lol).. I did have to call James on a couple questions ( he was right there )..really disappointed in the dealer! found  3 cover bolts missing/ 1 long sheve cover bolt  missing/ no grease on the JBS sheave & 2 flopped wts..also they didn,t  line up the cam plate! now  it  acts like a whole new rhino!  still  have a top speed of only 45 mph,but bottom end is great..talking to James and doing some checking, it looks like my carburetor slide isn,t opening up all the way..any suggestions on how to adjust it, so it will open ? searched on here & you-tube but nothing on the 660 rhino..again " thank you" if you ever need any help let me  know ..Danny
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Anytime Sir! 
I'm glad you watched the videos that James put on YouTube, very good tutorial I watched it countless times before the install and about 3 times during he makes it pretty much straight forward and to the point. 
Looks like I'm never going to Steadman's to have ANYTHING worked on lol
If I knew anything about Carbs I would love to give you a hand but I don't know shit about them lol
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:03 pm

may not be the slide as much as the butterfly may just need to make sure the throttle cable is adjusted to were your getting full throttle
Back to top Go down
04rhino

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:27 am

rhino 727..didn,t think of the cable not opening all the way..it has all-ways been a dog sense I got it..esp up in the mtns..had it rejeted by the same place that did the sheave install..surprized it works at all,lol..thanks to this site it runs 100% better..now just looking for the "wow"..Danny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rais tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rais tube   Rais tube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rais tube
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next