HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Vote_lcapBroken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Voting_barBroken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Vote_lcapBroken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Voting_barBroken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs

Go down 
+5
thePayne
WV Hot Rod Rhino
chuddly
Bayou Tiger
Mrs. Hot Rod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrs. Hot Rod
Admin
Mrs. Hot Rod

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Empty
PostSubject: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 pm

So this is what happened to our Rhiney on the forum ride ... 3 out of 4 valve springs were broken. On 1 of the 3, both of the springs were broke ... this is the 1 that actually broke on our ride, that's when it started making noise. On the other 2 just the inner spring was broken & he didn't know exactly how long they had been that way, but could tell they had some miles on them. In the pic of the retainer that looks broke, it's actually worn all the way through. There's more than 4k miles on this head.

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Img_2010

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Img_2011

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Img_2012

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Img_2013

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Img_2014

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Img_2015
Back to top Go down
Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Ouch!!!
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:01 pm

time for a new head!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm

needs new guides..i had a +2 in stock..we rode all day Saturday..
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm

Well you know the old saying " If it ain't broke don't fix it".............so you better fix it cause it's broke! Your motto should be " Ride it HARD and put it up broke instead of WET"
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:16 pm

That Stage 3 cam of yours prolly beat the hell out of those springs..............you might want to borrow some of Teddy's KY "Yours and mine" to help it run better I heard that's what he's running and you know he only runs the good shit!
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:17 pm

James, is the rhinojet getting those kibbles and bit springs???  cherry
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Jet wrote:
Isn't yours still under warranty JET? Why change them our Yamaha doesn't warranty non Yamaha parts so if the factory break then they will fix them and whatever damage they cause. I wouldnt change springs unless you were running a Stage3 cam I have a Stage 2 cam and still running stock springs at least I will be until summer of 2016:D
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:54 pm

i already put 150 miles on since i fixed it...lol
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Jet wrote:
that cam im running now is huge.bigger than stage 3..had to make the hole bigger in the head to get it to go in...not gonna do that one in yours for that reason...4000+ miles but should have lasted longer
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:10 pm

lucky you didn't drop a valve , very odd that the spring itself broke  scratch  , did you speak to your spring supplier,  wonder if its a batch of bad springs  or other gremlins caused this . glad you got it back running Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 pm

thePayne wrote:
Jet wrote:
Isn't yours still under warranty JET? Why change them our Yamaha doesn't warranty non Yamaha parts so if the factory break then they will fix them and whatever damage they cause. I wouldnt change springs unless you were running a Stage3 cam I have a Stage 2 cam and still running stock springs at least I will be until summer of 2016:D
I didn't get the extended warranty. I knew when I bought it, it wasn't going to stay stock. in fact I picked it up on a Thursday evening, drove it 8 miles around the farm Friday evening and Saturday morning drove it to JBS. doubt they are going to cover the springs in a ported and polished head and forged piston that james is installing. I will say they covered my front shocks under "good will" which is great. someone gonna buy them from me and the rears (485 miles) so I can dump another 2 grand plus in stage 4 Elka's.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Mine ain't close to stock either but it's covered under warranty!cheers
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:26 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
needs new guides..i had a +2 in stock..we rode all day Saturday..
could you tell the difference between the two heads ?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm

thePayne wrote:
That Stage 3 cam of yours prolly beat the hell out of those springs..............you might want to borrow some of Teddy's KY "Yours and mine" to help it run better I heard that's what he's running and you know he only runs the good shit!
to be honest I just use old fashion spit.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Glad u didn't drop a valve,broke springs on mine too once, but the kibble white springs kept me from dropping a valve,this just shows how tough they are.and we all know u run the hell out of yours!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 am

Jet wrote:
thePayne wrote:
Jet wrote:
I didn't get the extended warranty. I knew when I bought it, it wasn't going to stay stock. in fact I picked it up on a Thursday evening, drove it 8 miles around the farm Friday evening and Saturday morning drove it to JBS. doubt they are going to cover the springs in a ported and polished head and forged piston that james is installing. I will say they covered my front shocks under "good will" which is great. someone gonna buy them from me and the rears (485 miles) so I can dump another 2 grand plus in stage 4 Elka's.
depends how much you are wanting for them LOL
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 am

chuddly wrote:
Jet wrote:
thePayne wrote:
Jet wrote:
depends how much you are wanting for them LOL
Two brand new in box front shocks and two rear shocks with 485 miles on them.  I am asking $800.00 for all four. The operative word there is .....asking..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs   Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broken Kibblewhite Valve Springs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: Technical :: Engine-
Jump to: