HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
What secondery spring to use  Vote_lcapWhat secondery spring to use  Voting_barWhat secondery spring to use  Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
What secondery spring to use  Vote_lcapWhat secondery spring to use  Voting_barWhat secondery spring to use  Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What secondery spring to use

Go down 
+4
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Hump
REDRHINO64
T.Rhino
8 posters
AuthorMessage
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

What secondery spring to use  Empty
PostSubject: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Why are some people changing from the gold secondery spring to the purple on the 700 ?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Anybody ?
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Less tension lets it spool up faster,too much friction takes away hp.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:18 pm

So the purple is better then right ? I guess I'm just confused cause it use to be that the gold was the big rave now people are going with the purple so why isn't the stock spring better then ? Sorry for all the questions.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 pm

You want to run the lightest spring u can without slipping the belt,then use the weights to get the rpm range that is best for your setup,but i would check with james on that,your motor and his are very close on the setup.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 pm

I agree he built my motor they are twins mine is just a little faster though. Lol
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:45 pm

We will have to get together at james place and ride sometime!! and scott wv!!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Sure sounds great how far are you from James's place ?
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 pm

around 200 miles,but i am going to try to get up there either in april or may,cant wait to check out the new house,and ride!!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm

House is beautiful and the ride is awsome. I'm about 2 hours away from him and about 4 hours away from you I thank. But it would be cool to get together though.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Cool!! Hopefully we will!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 4:33 am

I wanna ride too!

I still don't understand the whole deal with the springs, but I know I like the feel of what I have now on a hill. It's a real positive hooked up feel when I get to the gas.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:40 pm

RedRhino64 wrote:
You want to run the lightest spring u can without slipping the belt,then use the weights to get the rpm range that is best for your setup,but i would check with james on that,your motor and his are very close on the setup.
James what is your opinion on this ?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 pm

And I was also wondering about mixing 14 gram and 16 gram weights to make 15. What is your thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:33 am

Anything ?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

T.Rhino wrote:
RedRhino64 wrote:
James what is your opinion on this ?

right on the money.this is to find the best overall performance...if you want it more for what the rider wants... hills mud ect then you change it from that base line
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 am

So what would be best for fast trail riding. And would the 15 gram weights help with that ?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:41 am

i run 14gr and it turns alot of rpms and its nasty fast but you better be changing the oil more or it wont last!..im in race mode all the time!!...im ordering 15s
Back to top Go down
RiverRat

RiverRat

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:31 pm

James what secondary spring are you running?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:02 pm

He is running the purple spring that's what got me wondering our motors are pretty close so I was wondering why he went from the gold to the purple and is it better. I guess he likes the purple better for his set up though.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 9:36 pm

How about this set up.... 16g weights, JBS sheave, and gold spring....

29.5 terminators...... I find it revs up high before it starts to pull, but when it pulls it pulls hard... Next mod soon is Cam and MSD this week....

Clutch set up will still be good?????
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm

You probably are faster now that JAmes engine is kaput lol..
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:56 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What secondery spring to use    What secondery spring to use  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What secondery spring to use
Page 1 of 1