HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
speed - What speed is to be expected Vote_lcapspeed - What speed is to be expected Voting_barspeed - What speed is to be expected Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
speed - What speed is to be expected Vote_lcapspeed - What speed is to be expected Voting_barspeed - What speed is to be expected Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What speed is to be expected

Go down 
+5
Stuntmanmike
banchee6
Hump
WV Hot Rod Rhino
tofas4you
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tofas4you

speed - What speed is to be expected Empty
PostSubject: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 pm

I installed a Jbs sheave with 16 oz weights and purple spring with a dynotek cdi max speed was 42 mph changed spring to a gold spring and only getting 45 mph rhino is stock engine running 27 inch sti rocktane tires I'm I asking to much with a stock engine could my belt be bad I don't wanna lose my bottom end to gain speed
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 pm

how many miles on belt
Back to top Go down
tofas4you

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 pm

About 300 I talked to you on phone the several times still can not hit 60 I got passed by a wolverine last weekend on the road it seemed to have more bottom end and engine braking with the purple spring
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 pm

700 right
Back to top Go down
tofas4you

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 pm

Yes 2012 700
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 pm

i will be gone till monday ridn...call me then and im gonna make a list on yours till we get it right..
Back to top Go down
tofas4you

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Ok sounds good have a happy easter
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 pm

you too!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 am

Something can't be right. One of the things I noticed with mine is that the engine braking is every bit as good, if not a little better than stock.
Watch the video and make sure you got your weights in right.
James will fix you up, don't get discouraged.
Back to top Go down
tofas4you

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 7:41 pm

The weights are installed correctly and not flipped got to be something wrong my tires are real heavy 8 ply not sure what wrong James will fix it I'm sure of it
Back to top Go down
tofas4you

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Ok update I installed 14oz weights and purple spring can only get 43 mph what are the symptoms of you belt being bad ? James any ideas ?
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:40 am

Those are some real heavy tires, but I don't want to believe they would kill you that bad. I would think that it should hit the upper 40s pretty good.

You hitting the rev limiter at 43-45?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:15 am

send me pics
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 am

I know with 18g and gold spring with 28's radials I was at 48 without CDI.

Switched to 16g and dropped to 44mph. I'm still learning but to me it seems like the tires hold you back alot.

I have 29.5 terminators with cam, msd and 16g and can only get 43 mph on a long stretch. Toss some smaller tires on it and see what you get.
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am

I have to agree on the tire size, I can hit 50 mph on 25in tires with the Jbs sheave and 18 gram Od sliders, But when I put on my 27in MST Outlaws it drops to 44-45 mph. There is just too much weight in the bigger tires. my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:04 pm

How are you measuring your speed? A taller tire will cause the speedo to read slower.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:00 pm

I know in real world situations it will be off with the increase in tire size. Did anyone GPS to compaire? Would be a good write up
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for pointing that out, sometimes my brain just fart's when im thinking! speed - What speed is to be expected 2016508534
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 pm

i have a 07 660 with pro tec dual exhaust k&n intake an cdi an i can hit 47mph on the speedo with two people n it on hottop an im running 29.5s swamplites an stock clutching right now
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Before my JBS I had CDI, gold spring and yamaha 14gram weights and could run 51mph with 26" big horns on 14" wheels and lots of other accessories like a front rack that weights 70lbs and a winch. Now after the JBS sheave and 18gram OD weights and gold spring I have been up to 57mph. All GPS and my dash actually reads the same as GPS most of the time with 1mph +- on occasion.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 am

I had to come home part way along a hyway and reached 60MPH,thats the fastest I have ever gone on my Rhino,I might have been able to go faster but the RPM's sounded high so I slowed to 54.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What speed is to be expected   speed - What speed is to be expected Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What speed is to be expected
Page 1 of 1