HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Vote_lcapPutting in gauges - Page 3 Voting_barPutting in gauges - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Putting in gauges - Page 3 Vote_lcapPutting in gauges - Page 3 Voting_barPutting in gauges - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Putting in gauges

Go down 
+22
Pokahpolice
REDRHINO64
lost|concept
rhino727
RiverRat
madmax 1
pageandbeth
banchee6
Spanky
bubba53
T.Rhino
Snorhino
WV Hot Rod Rhino
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
ChrisH
foyota86
tjt603
onebuilder
Randy3451
KJrhino
Firefighter
Ss74077
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

Putting in gauges - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm

I didn't even think of that.  That is going to save me some work, thanks James.
Back to top Go down
DHILL

DHILL

PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 pm

ChrisH did you use the 2281 autometer 3/4" for water temp connector or you go one size bigger? Did you ever get your Gaffrig gauges installed? If so, do you like them better? Where did you buy the temp sensor from?
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:41 pm

DHILL wrote:
ChrisH did you use the 2281 autometer 3/4" for water temp connector or you go one size bigger?  Did you ever get your Gaffrig gauges installed?  If so, do you like them better?  Where did you buy the temp sensor from?  
Truthfully, my setup is kind of a hodge-podge. The switch panel is fro Black Rhino Performance, as is the inline temp sender housing. The switches come from OTRATTW 

on the forst page of this thread, the gauges you saw were from Black Rhino. My gauges were getting fogged up real bad and it was driving me crazy. I also wasn't praticularly fond of the 90 degree sweep needle as small changes are hard to read at that low of a resolution. The BRP gauges and wiring is super nice, however. I called BRP to see if I could purchase another gauge. Over the phone they told me that they were having some issues with their gauge supplier (Livorsi Marine) and they were unsure when their gauge lineup would be back in stock.

That led me to Gaffrig Performance. They specialize in marine gauges, and offered the newer style 270 degree sweep gauges which have much higher resolution. I was all set to order a water temp and voltmeter from them. In fact, I did order from them online. A few days after placing my order, I never received a confirmation email or anything. The company called me letting me know that the 270 degree gauges I wanted were on backorder for 8-12 weeks. So I thanked them for their honesty and time and cancelled my order.

That led me to try out a set of the Glow Shift digital gauges. Eventhough I attempted to waterproof them, they only lasted one ride and went belly-up. They looked cool but I need something more suited to wet environments. At least I got them real cheap.

Finally, I decided to give the AutoMeter gauges a try. They had the 270 degree sweep gauges I wanted in the correct 2 1/16 size I needed for my dash. So I took a chance and ordered a set of Ultra Lite II gauges from SummitRacing. These gauges were not cheap by any means ($160+ each). So I took care to waterproof them well.

So far, these have been the hot ticket. I have not had any issues with water or fogging, and believe me I ride a lot of water. I don't submerge them as I am not currently snorkeled, but I ride wearing swimming trunks and get soaking wet every time I go out. I like the high resolution sweep of the needle as I can now tell the difference between 160F and 180F. Likewise for the volts; 0.5VDC is a lot and you can tell real quick what is happening electrically. Finally, the AutoMeter Ultra Lite II have LED through lighting so they are super easy to read at night as compared to incandescent perimeter illumination that I had on the BRP gauges.

Most water temp gauges, whether I had the BRP, Glow Shift, or AutoMeter, use a 1/4" sending unit. which is included with the gauge. I know that UTV Inc sells an inline temp housing and is setup for this common sending unit and NP threads.

Here's a finished pic of what my dash ended up looking like.

Putting in gauges - Page 3 IMG_5984_zps7872937c

Putting in gauges - Page 3 IMG_5985_zps5e4be8aa

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:04 pm

nice!!
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Thanks for doing all the hard work for us Chris, great information.
Back to top Go down
deerhunter

PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 pm

firefighter....can you give any advice on making my own water temp inline adapter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting in gauges   Putting in gauges - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting in gauges
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3