HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
broken tabs that hold rear diff Vote_lcapbroken tabs that hold rear diff Voting_barbroken tabs that hold rear diff Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
broken tabs that hold rear diff Vote_lcapbroken tabs that hold rear diff Voting_barbroken tabs that hold rear diff Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

broken tabs that hold rear diff

Go down 
+2
Firefighter
jaydub
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jaydub

broken tabs that hold rear diff Empty
PostSubject: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:00 am

Hey guys. My 30 inch zillas and Jbs sheave got the best of my rear diff mounts on my 05 660. I have the lsr bracket but the bolt that goes in to the diff sheared off. That's another story...... I welded it back up to where its usable, but I know im on borrowed time. I'm capable of making new mounts but I was wondering if anyone makes a weld on gussett kit or something along those lines. The round tubes are all rust free and strong. Just my tabs broke off.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 am

X2 on the question. Mine loosens up about every other ride.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 am

I did find a guy who makes new mounts. Can't find him anymore, so I'm sending James one to duplicate. Also, I suggest a diff support like the CRB that adds 2 additional mounting tabs.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 am

There are companies that make a rear diff support but i can't think of any right now. I have one on my rhino . I'll try to get a pic when i get home from work. I bought it used a while ago and I have broken it and welded it once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

yamaha makes a kit to put larger bolts in it too ...i will get some
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 am

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:

Let me know when You get them. I need one!
Back to top Go down
jaydub

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 am

I have a l s r support already. James, what would bigger bolts do if its the thin metal tabs that break?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:22 am

Of coarse you know I need them mine is about to fall out even after me and you (James) tightend them up one ride later they where clunking every time I hit the gas.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:13 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:

What all is included in the kit. Bigger bolts will help as the diff case mounting holes are much bigger than the OEM bolts. That will help to keep the diff from moving side to side and egg shaping the diff holes and breaking tabs. Better cote the new bolts with anti seize!

I have fixed several already and a buddy just brought me another with broken mounts. Diff is loose and caused the drive coupler on the engine as well as the splines on the driveshaft to wear.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Check out the CRB diff support, it has 2 additional tabs to bolt the diff to. Google it and a great pic on the rf comes up. BRP is selling them now.

LSR makes great products( I just purchased one of their 2 seat chromoly cages), but their frame gusset only has one tab for the diff.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 pm

is it this one Steve ?

broken tabs that hold rear diff Yamaha12
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Firefighter wrote:
is it this one Steve ?

broken tabs that hold rear diff Yamaha12

Yes, Thanks for posting the pic!
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 pm

That's like the one i have and broke it once. I think I'm just going to make my own and stronger
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:44 pm

flimmy wrote:
That's like the one i have and broke it once. I think I'm just going to make my own and stronger

Where did it break? Ive been beating the crap out of mine over 5000 miles and not one issue. Not even a loose bolt! Even magnufluxed it to see if it had any cracks, none.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:50 pm

I broke the tabs off that are bolted to the rear. One was cracked when i bought it (used) and i welded it. Then it broke again and i welded it again. So before it breaks again I'll make a new one. The ones that you buy are made to work with the X brace for the A arms. So I'll make one that goes straight back
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Just too much Horse power !!! Thats the problem with these Rhino's. HAHA
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Flimmy, time to hijack this thread. I'm looking for info on the Alba exhaust.
Have you noticed an increase in the bed temperature?
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Here is my diff support and you can see where I had to weld it. I plan on making the tabs longer and go back farther.

broken tabs that hold rear diff 20130409_160035_zps8538e2cf

onebuilder , I haven't had it out for a long ride since I put it on. But I don't have a stock bed anymore. The new bed is 3" above the frame. So it might have enough room to keep it cool plus its aluminum and that should help cool it faster.

broken tabs that hold rear diff 20130409_160241_zps10c84f0b
broken tabs that hold rear diff 20130409_160222_zpsc98aec30

Last edited by flimmy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Flimmy, That diff support looks to be from UTV Crap. No wonder it broke!

Thanks for the reply on the exhaust.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:06 pm

I bought it used from a guy in Ga sometime early last yr. he was selling parts off before he sold his rhino.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 pm

In the picture showing you're bed and tire, is it the pic or do you have rear steer?
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Its just the pic , but I'd love to have rear steer I just think front axle and cv's wouldn't be strong enough. The bed is dovetailed so it makes it look a little different. It helps keep the bedsides off the trees
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm

broken tabs that hold rear diff 20130411
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Ok, their is a guy that has rear steer. He used the front arms/ hub on the rear. For steering he Fab'd a trim control from a inboard outboard marine pump and ram. I thought maybe you were him. I try and see if I can find him again.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:38 pm

If I were to do rear steer I'd probably use a 12v Linear actuators to steer the rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broken tabs that hold rear diff   broken tabs that hold rear diff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

broken tabs that hold rear diff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next