HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Vote_lcapAnyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Voting_barAnyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Vote_lcapAnyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Voting_barAnyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?

Go down 
+2
madmax 1
lost|concept
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lost|concept

Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:38 pm

I am planning on purchasing a set of tracks this summer and was wondering if anyone on here has a set? I am really leaning towards the Tatous but I am open to any comments/suggestions. My main questions are how much higher is my rhino going to sit? I need to know before I order my new enclosed trailer. Also, can I run tracks on a stock rhino without a lift kit?

I will also be in need for a cab before next winter. I have looked at the Curtis Hard Cabs and they really are sweet. They are spendy, but from what I have looked at they seem like they are the best. Does anyone have an other cab enclosure suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

the Curtis cabs are nice but 3500 bucks was more than I wanted to spend made my windshield, roof ,tommytopper full doors, rear window from cabelas also summit heater under drivers seat, would love tracks but big $$$ also
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:58 pm

if you can afford the Curtis cab and the tatous tracks that's the route I would go , look into the heater also
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 pm

I actually have the heater sitting in my garage I just didn't want to install it til I got the cab. I plow snow for the local dealer so my parts come at just about cost. So I bit the bullet and bought the yamaha heater from heatercraft.
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:05 pm

It will raise you about 6 to 8 inches. You don't need a lift for them but if you haul a lot in the bed the tracks in the rear can rub. The tatous are a very good track system I am thinking about upgrading to a set of them also and selling my tjd set. Depends on what you plan on using them for. If it is just snow I would look into the commander wide tracks. They float you better and don't lose as much power. They are not 4 season though and wouldn't recommend running on a lot of dry pack or rocks. I you decide on the tatous I would personally not go with the utv version be ause of the added weight and power loss.
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:08 pm

hymarker wrote:
It will raise you about 6 to 8 inches. You don't need a lift for them but if you haul a lot in the bed the tracks in the rear can rub. The tatous are a very good track system I am thinking about upgrading to a set of them also and selling my tjd set. Depends on what you plan on using them for. If it is just snow I would look into the commander wide tracks. They float you better and don't lose as much power. They are not 4 season though and wouldn't recommend running on a lot of dry pack or rocks. I you decide on the tatous I would personally not go with the utv version be ause of the added weight and power loss.

So you are saying get the ATV version of the Tatous and put them on instead? Does this require different mounting and such? I didnt know this was possible to do. I just passed up a sweet deal on a set of demo tracks off a grizzly.....grrrrr
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm

As far as the cab goes. I built full doors and with a windshield and back window and I don't need a heater even in the cold negative temp in wyo during hunting season. All the heat coming off the motor keeps it nice and comfortable in the cab.
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:13 pm

Yep. They bolt right on. The anti rotation bars may be a little different but can be adapted to work if you are even remotely handy. That is just my opinion on the atv version of the tatous. From my experience with tracks and I have had a couple different ones and have been around all of them that is what I would do.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Here's my setup, with some full doors I would be fully enclosed. I got about 50 bucks in the whole set up, he rear window was given to me, there 40 bucks at bass pro, a 4x8 of sheet metal was like 60 buck. I only used about half of it.The windshield is off a golf cart from a yard sale for 10 bucks.
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Img_3411
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Img_3412

Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Dscn1911
Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Dscn1913
Back to top Go down
sls666

sls666

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 4:10 pm

My advice tracks suck shit, or the ones I had-I had them and sold them at the first chance I got. I had mattrax brand and I would never buy a set again. You need 4 acres to turn it's like Austin powers when he's trying to turn that golf cart in that little hallway. No joke. I live in the hills and with a little rain or snow its near impossible to side hill and bammo right in the lake. Its not easy on your machine either broke 2 spindles wheel bearings went to shit front diff broke a ear off. You might think it's my driving. I doubt it. But maybe. I sold them for 500 bucks more than I paid and wished the dude luck. no offense to ppl that run them this is just my experience with them. Bought a cheap sled and a set of silverbacks way happier. Shawn
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Well I pulled the trigger on a sweet deal this evening. I will be curious to hear your thoughts on it Hymarker.

I got a call on a set of Camoplaust Tatous off of different make SxS. I made a few calls and found out that I could make them fit the Rhino for under $500. Long story short the tracks are less than a year old with less than 50 miles on them but it was all dirt miles. I looked them over pretty hard and everything looks good, moves freely, etc. There is also very little track wear.

I ended up putting them in the truck for $1,500.00 I thought this was more than fair.

I figured that finding a deal like this again would be slim to none. Hopefully they perform like I hope. Now I just wish it was fall/winter again so I could use them.

I know you recommended getting the ATV tracks but I thought the price was right. Let me know your thoughts please.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:28 pm

That's a steal!!!Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Snorhino

Snorhino

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Good deal, the Tatous are a good track, I am running TJD's in the winter and really like them and have had no mechanical issues with the tracks or the Rhino from running them. I have no lift kit but do run wheel spacers front and rear as the tracks will rub in the front on a tight turn in rough stuff without them. Also trimmed a little of the body in the front lower corner of the rear wheel well as the tracks would hit there when hounding it in the rough stuff. Run my suspension on the hardest setting.

The Rhino is unstoppable in the snow with them on and will tow ice fishing shacks anywhere on the lakes. Hymarker is right it will add 6 inches or so to your height. I run a full windshield, roof, and plastic rear window and Prorhino full doors in the winter, no heater as I am in and out of it a lot when ice fishing.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
lost|concept

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Snorhino where did you get the plastic rear window from?

Also, is it truly a must to run them in 4x4 all the time when the tracks are on?
Back to top Go down
Snorhino

Snorhino

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:34 pm

The rear window was on it when I bought it. I should clarify by plastic I mean vinyl, it might be Yamaha. You don't have to run in 4wd if the snow is not too deep but it turns much better in 4wd so that is what I run in.
Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:11 am

That's a awesome deal! As long as the bearings are all in good shape, (no grinding or loose wobble) but even if they are you can replace them cheaply. They had a bad batch of lock tight on the bolts on those, if it were me I would pull all the bolts and relocktight everything. I would look into adapting your plates for anti rotation bars before spending the 500. If you have to then you have to. Congrats on the great deal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?   Anyone running tracks?  How about cabs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone running tracks? How about cabs?
Page 1 of 1