HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Vote_lcapHELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Voting_barHELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Vote_lcapHELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Voting_barHELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?

Go down 
+5
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
onebuilder
rhino727
REDRHINO64
Chief1979
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chief1979

HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Empty
PostSubject: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 pm

I was looking around the engine compartment preparing to install the siphon break coming from JBS, and I saw this bolt laying on the skids under the engine, next to the oil lines. I started the Rhino w/out the engine cover on and I don't see oil coming out of anywhere, so I hope it's not important. BTW, my buddy I got the rhino from had the engine rebuilt about 2 months ago, right before I got, and the rhino has been on 4 rides w/out any problems. This past sunday, towards the end of the ride, I got some oil on the skids, but I know its from the crankcase breather hose that is just pointed down towards the skid.
Thanks

HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? 2013-04-30_17-51-33_21_zps51947919

HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? 2013-04-30_17-51-26_718_zps0847a6ef

HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? 2013-04-30_17-51-26_718_zps0847a6ef
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:30 pm

look around towards the front of the motor on the sides of the motor ,on the passengers side,might be one of those plugs??
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Also check the oil drain plug??underneath
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 pm

I would not crank that motor untill u find out where it came loose from!!!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:36 pm

I thought oil plug till you turned it over not sure being hollow ? scratch
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:39 pm

maybe magnet came out of plug
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:46 am

It looks like part of the trans. Their should also be a ball and spring. It screws into the case near the shift cover on front pass side of the engine, and the ball goes into the shift drum. It's called the shift drum stopper.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:45 am

Good thing you found it!
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:06 am

onebuilder wrote:
It looks like part of the trans. Their should also be a ball and spring. It screws into the case near the shift cover on front pass side of the engine, and the ball goes into the shift drum. It's called the shift drum stopper.
I think your right,one of those came loose on a friend of mines rhino and he started loosing oil,luckely he stopped and we fixed it.i think there is some kind of sealing ring that goes around that bolt also...copper
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:07 am

onebuilder wrote:

I did also find a ball on the skid plate, but no spring or sealing washer. Thank you so much for the heads-up. I looked all over the case and didn't find an empty hole, but I'll start looking in the region you mentioned. Any idea where I could find an exploded diagram to look at? Also, what about the spring?
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:27 am

Ok, found the exploded diagram for it, I'm going to call my local dealer and see if they have the spring and the washer. Does anybody know how long that spring is? I work at Napa, so we have springs in stock.
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:37 am

Does anyone have a picture of the front of the engine? Just trying to get an idea of where the plug goes.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:39 am

I don't remember the length. The ball is 3/8 and you can figure out the spring diameter from the cap bolt.
Drop the ball in and take calipers to measure the length.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:47 am

Chief1979 wrote:
Ok, found the exploded diagram for it, I'm going to call my local dealer and see if they have the spring and the washer. Does anybody know how long that spring is? I work at Napa, so we have springs in stock.

With a spring and a ball, it is likely either a check valve or pressure relief valve. The set pressure of the valve could be important and that is determined by the force exerted by the spring. Outside diameter, wire diameter, number of turns and length determine what the force exerted ends up being. Getting a stock replacement would be the safe way to go.
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:56 am

Ok, awesome. The ball will stick out with the spring installed, right? This is for the detent inside the transmission, right? One last question, what oil should I be running in it?
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:57 am

Steve, from my understanding, it is for the detent when you shift the gears! I have the factory part numbers for the replacement parts, so I'm going to try and go that way. Thanks
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:05 am

SteveS wrote:
Chief1979 wrote:

With a spring and a ball, it is likely either a check valve or pressure relief valve. The set pressure of the valve could be important and that is determined by the force exerted by the spring. Outside diameter, wire diameter, number of turns and length determine what the force exerted ends up being. Getting a stock replacement would be the safe way to go.

Aren't those parts located inside of tHe oil filter adapter? I agree on any relief or check valve situation to use the specified spring.

But, in this case I believe it is the shift drum stop.
#18 on the shift drum/fork diagram.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:16 am

Agreed, if it is a detent spring, it is not going to be critical at all.
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:22 am

Ok, finally found a pic of where the bolt goes. Woo Hoo. Now I just need to find the factory parts. Thanks for the quick replies fellas, top notch help on here.
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Went home during lunch and found the ball and the spring!! HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? 2016508534 Got me a gasket for it here at work, and will assemble everything tonight. Thanks for all the help.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

cool you found the spring may want to use the lock tight treads (blue)
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Thats right,and make sure you get all the oil off the threads first.
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Oh yeah, loctite is my friend. From having owned a couple 70's jeeps, I use that stuff on everything. I used non-cloro brk cleaner to clean the threads on the bolt, and used some brk cleaner on a rag to clean out the threads inside of the hole. Then I verified that it shifted correctly.
Once again, thanks for the help fellas.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Chief1979 wrote:
Went home during lunch and found the ball and the spring!! HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? 2016508534 Got me a gasket for it here at work, and will assemble everything tonight. Thanks for all the help.

WOW! You got lucky!

You might want to go get a lottery ticket! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:19 pm

onebuilder wrote:
Chief1979 wrote:

WOW! You got lucky!

You might want to go get a lottery ticket! LOL!

Yeah, I sure did. They were laying on the skid plate on some mud!! I was going to pressure wash everything before I worked on it, glad I didn't do that. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?   HELP!!! Where does this bolt go? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP!!! Where does this bolt go?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next