HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Vote_lcapgauge - Fuel gauge?? Voting_bargauge - Fuel gauge?? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
gauge - Fuel gauge?? Vote_lcapgauge - Fuel gauge?? Voting_bargauge - Fuel gauge?? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fuel gauge??

Go down 
+6
Hump
Spanky
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
Chief1979
chuddly
Djbison
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Djbison

Djbison

gauge - Fuel gauge?? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:35 am

My dash doesn't have a fuel gauge an I'm just curious if there is a easy way to put one on mine with or without changing the cluster??
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:52 am

fuel gauge kit from auto zone or some place like it. they are pretty cheap but take some cutting and work to get them set up right.
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:55 am

I found this cruising amazon for rhino parts. http://www.amazon.com/Kelch-54-1815-13-5-Gauge-Gas/dp/B002SA0SCA

I have not used this product, but am doing some research. I think I might pull the trigger on it and see how it works.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:35 am

Heres a review on it, that's why I didn't but it. pale
False Advertisement, November 9, 2012

By
Frank W. Kiszely - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Kelch 54-1815 13.5" Gauge Gas Cap (Automotive) I requested a Yamaha Rhino gas gauge. When it arrived it did not fit the threads of the Yamaha and appears to be for a portable gas can!

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Back to top Go down
Chief1979

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for the info. McKay. I guess that seals the deal for me, I'll just have to keep opening the cap to check. LOL
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:16 am

here is one for about $40....not bad for a real gauge that you can see from the seat
Fuel gauge kit
Back to top Go down
Spanky

Spanky

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm

I put this set up in mine with no problems so far

Gauge
Sending Unit
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:45 am

I don't know much about this at all, but isn't the float and everything already in the tank of the rhinos with no factory guage pod? I thought if you buy the pod and hook plug it in you had a fuel gauge and everything. If this is true, a automotive type electic fuel gauge should wire up.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:03 am

It may be on the newer ones hump...but i dont think that is the case on the older 660's. I could be wrong but i have never seen one on my rhino.
Back to top Go down
JBFIREMAN

JBFIREMAN

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:28 am

I think its only on the 2008 and newer ones,and SE mld. Look on the top of tank for the sending unit
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:27 am

chuddly wrote:
It may be on the newer ones hump...but i dont think that is the case on the older 660's. I could be wrong but i have never seen one on my rhino.
x2
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:14 am

Black Rhino has a gauge kit that works awesome! The kit comes with everything needed, including a wiring harness. They use a marine sender that is adjustable and doesn't have the float bouncing around in the tank. Install is very easy! I've been running their kit for 6 plus years with no issues.
Back to top Go down
Brian lee Rhino450

Brian lee Rhino450

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Been talking to jason at black rhino, and although the 450 is not listed for this kit. He is thinking an 11in. Float with the kit will work for the 450. Im ordering this kit next week. Jason said if the 11in. Float is too long he will get me a shorter one. Just a little info for the 450 guys if they were interested in this kit for their ride. Ill post up and let everyone know what works on the 450 when im done.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Chief1979 wrote:
Thanks for the info. McKay. I guess that seals the deal for me, I'll just have to keep opening the cap to check. LOL

It is not as bad as all that. Directly behind the passenger's legs, under the seat, there is a sight window cut through the panel. This allows you to see the front surface of the tank. I put a bank of red LEDs on the opposite end of the tank that shines through the tank. The fuel funnels the light better to the front surface of the tank than does the air above the fuel, which ends up making the fuel glow much brighter than the air. The top of the fuel is very visible in the sight window. It makes for a decent visual look-see that is much safer than a match in the gas cap opening. cherry
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:56 am

Great idea on the light, I'm used to shaking the rhino and tilting my head just right. lol!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:00 am

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
Great idea on the light, I'm used to shaking the rhino and tilting my head just right. lol!

Actually, that works no matter what. Even when the battery is dead. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge??   gauge - Fuel gauge?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel gauge??
Page 1 of 1