HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
OEM Yamaha Battery Vote_lcapOEM Yamaha Battery Voting_barOEM Yamaha Battery Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
OEM Yamaha Battery Vote_lcapOEM Yamaha Battery Voting_barOEM Yamaha Battery Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OEM Yamaha Battery

Go down 
+9
chuddly
madmax 1
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JBFIREMAN
123.bert0621
SteveS
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
T.Rhino
ASPENDELLROVER
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm

What is the life of an OEM yamaha battery? I still have the original from 08. I put a battery tender on it for 8 hrs before a ride and its at 100%, but it freaks me out every time I stop..is it gonna start? Every time it does. Is it just gonna bonk out one of these days without warning? Feels like I'm rollin the dice. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I installed a rechargeable wheelchair battery in mine perfect fit and will last for ever.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 pm

how much and where do u get one? how long does a charge last?
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:04 pm

I've had this one since February. I don't think I'd recommend it if you've got the money get the right one but I haven't had any problems so far. The stocker will give you a little warning and that's it. When you go to start it will hesitate then turn over or it won't turn over at all and you have to turn the key back then it will start. Mine went out at the worst possible time. We turned it off to shoot a bobcat and went to turn it back on to go get the dog and it would just make a clicking noise. The gauge was flashing on and off.
http://instoresnow.walmart.com/EnhancedRenderContent.aspx?id=101631
OEM Yamaha Battery U1P-7 PrintFind a StorePowerFrame®
$28.87

Last edited by CustomizedRhino13 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:09 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
What is the life of an OEM yamaha battery? I still have the original from 08. I put a battery tender on it for 8 hrs before a ride and its at 100%, but it freaks me out every time I stop..is it gonna start? Every time it does. Is it just gonna bonk out one of these days without warning? Feels like I'm rollin the dice. Thanks guys

5 years is approaching old age for a battery. Mine lasted for 6 or 7 and was completely dead as a doornail,come spring one year, even being on a battery maintainer for the winter.  The Rhino uses a U1 form factor. A battery store can get you set up with an equivalent. That is also a popular size for wheel chairs as was also mentioned in this thread. Just make sure that the battery + & - terminals are oriented correctly, as that can be an optional thing on the "U1" size.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 pm

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
I've had this one since February. I don't think I'd recommend it if you've got the money get the right one but I haven't had any problems so far. The stocker will give you a little warning and that's it. When you go to start it will hesitate then turn over or it won't turn over at all and you have to turn the key back then it will start. Mine went out at the worst possible time. We turned it off to shoot a bobcat and went to turn it back on to go get the dog and it would just make a clicking noise. The gauge was flashing on and off.
OEM Yamaha Battery U1P-7 PrintFind a StorePowerFrame®️
BrandEverStartNumberU1P-7Price$28.87

Wow, Grasshopper. You posted the whole catalog there. Methinks we only need the Rhino sized one study Laughing
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm

lol thanks guys
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Mine lasted almost four years ,I was using a trickle charger to keep it going finally. I changed it then it was fine. About a year later I had a battery charging problem and the stator failed, I blame it on the delay in replacing the battery. Replace the battery if it gives you trouble or about four years or what ever comes first. Just my opinion. I have a lawn tractor battery in mine, I did see the wheelchair and maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 12:24 am

I gotter fixed. lol Didn't realize that I pasted that much! 
SteveS wrote:
CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
OEM Yamaha Battery U1P-7 PrintFind a StorePowerFrame®️
BrandEverStartNumberU1P-7Price$28.87

Wow, Grasshopper. You posted the whole catalog there. Methinks we only need the Rhino sized one  study   Laughing
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:36 am

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
I gotter fixed. lol Didn't realize that I pasted that much! 

HaHa, yeah the computer is smarter than us and plays these pranks on us. Happens to me all the time.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 am

so whats the best battery to get?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:48 am

Sorry it took so long JP I passed out on the couch I bought it at interstate battery and I have never had to charge it yet and it was around $30. 
Back to top Go down
JBFIREMAN

JBFIREMAN

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 am

I got the interstate batt for the wheelchair works great and lots of back-up power
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:39 am

nice
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 am

maybe you should think of 2 batts jp for cheap insurance out in the dez with the wife and dirty boy better to be safe you know, just thinkin
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:49 am

if I were only runnin 1 I would look at the odessey 925 real good bat fits in stock location side ways much better than stock
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:07 am

im running 2 batteries.  the stock sized one and a full on car battery.  Never had a problem and that gives plenty of reserve to draw from when plowing or winching alot.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

i can get an oddessy pc925 for 150 new cash,  but if the interstate wheelchair battery is around 30, seems like a better deal to me. I know the oddessy kicks ass, so for the guys with the wheelchair battery are you able to run lights, power steering, and stop on the trail a have a beer and listen to some tunes? I thought about 2 batteries but the added weight on my stock motor is too much, but if I lost 25lbs then I could run 2 batteries..lol
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 1:59 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
i can get an oddessy pc925 for 150 new cash,  but if the interstate wheelchair battery is around 30, seems like a better deal to me. I know the oddessy kicks ass, so for the guys with the wheelchair battery are you able to run lights, power steering, and stop on the trail a have a beer and listen to some tunes? I thought about 2 batteries but the added weight on my stock motor is too much, but if I lost 25lbs then I could run 2 batteries..lol
Too much beer and too many tunes might leave you stranded, unless you have an isolated auxilliary battery. This is true no matter how big a battery you have, and depends on how much beer you have. Probably not much of a problem if you are judicious about your layovers.

I doubt that the weight of a 2nd smaller battery would affect you much. If you lost 50 lb, then you could use a humongous truck battery under the seat? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm

lol, wife only lets me have 1..so what single battery should I get Steve? 1st choice and second. If I get another 5 years I'm happy
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:54 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
lol, wife only lets me have 1..so what single battery should I get Steve? 1st choice and second. If I get another 5 years I'm happy
What I got was an automotive duty U1 battery from one of the of the local battery stores, Battery Exchange or something like that. I believe it cost be around 50 bucks. The U1 is used in the later model (if not all) Mazda Miatas. The PC 925 is a top of the line battery but I dont think it will last 3 times longer. I'm also not sure about the lawn tractor service ones, I had a smaller one in my lawn tractor and it only lasted a year and a half. The next one has been going for 2 years so far, so good. Being drained and left sitting is the worst thing that you can do to them (deep cycles as well). It boils down to personal preference and the need for that warm fuzzy feeling vs. the fat wallet feeling. scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

hmmm, in CA we are a lot more expensive than anywhere($100 for a wheelchair-T.Rhino), so do I spend $90 on a no name u1 or spend $150 on a pc925??? thx steve
Back to top Go down
scottwv

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm

HHHMMMM....Maybe...just maybe....If'n ya hadn't put that "girlie" steering-assist shit on...ya wouldn't need to be concerned w/the draw on your current battery !!...Suspect...lol!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
hmmm, in CA we are a lot more e
xpensive than anywhere($100 for a wheelchair-T.Rhino), so do I spend $90 on a no name u1 or spend $150 on a pc925??? thx steve
If that was the difference that I had to pay, I believe that I would opt for the PC925, espcially on a single battery setup. Have you scouted around online? Batteries are heavy, so you definitely would have to consider the shipping expense, but you might win out.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:17 pm

I didnt wanna say anything but I just had my tight arm amputated due to a flesh eating bacteria I got while workin in East LA, but I'm greatful I still have a left arm which I have broke 3x, so call me what you want, now you know the truth Scott and so does the whole world! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OEM Yamaha Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OEM Yamaha Battery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next