HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Vote_lcapOEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Voting_barOEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Vote_lcapOEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Voting_barOEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

OEM Yamaha Battery

Go down 
+9
chuddly
madmax 1
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JBFIREMAN
123.bert0621
SteveS
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
T.Rhino
ASPENDELLROVER
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 pm

SteveS wrote:
ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
hmmm, in CA we are a lot more e
xpensive than anywhere($100 for a wheelchair-T.Rhino), so do I spend $90 on a no name u1 or spend $150 on a pc925??? thx steve
If that was the difference that I had to pay, I believe that I would opt for the PC925, espcially on a single battery setup. Have you scouted around online? Batteries are heavy, so you definitely would have to consider the shipping expense, but you might win out.

I can get one from SSV works for $150 OTD they are in my town
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
SteveS wrote:
ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
hmmm, in CA we are a lot more e
xpensive than anywhere($100 for a wheelchair-T.Rhino), so do I spend $90 on a no name u1 or spend $150 on a pc925??? thx steve
If that was the difference that I had to pay, I believe that I would opt for the PC925, espcially on a single battery setup. Have you scouted around online? Batteries are heavy, so you definitely would have to consider the shipping expense, but you might win out.

I can get one from SSV works for $150 OTD they are in my town
It sounds like you have a plan then, go for it!

BTW, if you hit the enter key first, before typing your message, it seems to get your reply out of the quote box with this quirky message editor.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 pm

thanks, I think someone is playing games on us..lol
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 am

Damn $100 I'm sorry to mislead you that way but after thanking some more on it I thank the one I bought was reconditioned if you decide you want to go that rout I would be glad to cheak the price were I bought mine an ship it to you if that helped you any but like Steve said the shepping might get you but I don't care to cheak for you.
Back to top Go down
JBFIREMAN

JBFIREMAN

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:32 am

I payed about 110/120 for new interstate. Had it a year nowworking good, my stock batt lasted 5 yrs. but I thing if you are riding alone then two batts is the way to go
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 8:48 am

Then mine for sure had to be refurbished I know I didn't get that great of a deal.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm

thx for the offer Teddy but shippin would kill the deal. i'm leaning toward the pc925 for $150 OTD. I have yellow top optimas in all my other cars so might as well have the best for the rhino. bottom line there are no cheap good batteries.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:44 pm

u said it you only get what you pay for
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 pm

thats right Mick, always looking for a deal, doin my research and it always comes back to buying the best, its just a matter of what price I pay. I learned that with my first sheave purchase
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
thats right Mick, always looking for a deal, doin my research and it always comes back to buying the best, its just a matter of what price I pay. I learned that with my first sheave purchase

That's prob where the "fungus" came from...not LA...substandard shitty parts !!  affraid ....I've always heard if you handled a Toad , you'd get a wart...not lose an arm ?!?
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 pm

lmao, come to think of it maybe it was Toad and I's getaway in Aruba..lol
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Well you get what you pay for, made in the USA! Thats worth the money right there. I have not cut one corner on the rhino so why start with the battery. This pc925 is bad ass, no more stressin out on the trail

OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 P1060218
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:41 pm

I think you made a great choice, when my factory bat goes one of those will be in its place , but I do like have the optima as a back up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 pm

thx mick, I just hope the pc925 is as good as the yellow top optimas I run in my truck and my 66 biscayne
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 pm

from what I've read as good as if not better, cheers
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:06 pm

nice !!
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Is that battery a direct replacement (still fit in battery box)? I went riding last weekend and was telling one of my buddies how good my battery was being the original from 06... next morning it was dead as a door nail Sad lol. I need a good battery I don't have to worry about. I don't run much electronics... just my gauges  and at night my lights... I need to check and make sure its not my stator that died
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 pm

yep fits in, turn on side. played tunes in the garage the other day for 2hrs and still fired up! best price I found was SSV works. $150
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:22 pm

sweet I will have to order one up when I get back from the beach....... if I have any money left lol
Back to top Go down
kris55

kris55

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:37 am

SteveS wrote:
ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
What is the life of an OEM yamaha battery? I still have the original from 08. I put a battery tender on it for 8 hrs before a ride and its at 100%, but it freaks me out every time I stop..is it gonna start? Every time it does. Is it just gonna bonk out one of these days without warning? Feels like I'm rollin the dice. Thanks guys
5 years is approaching old age for a battery. Mine lasted for 6 or 7 and was completely dead as a doornail,come spring one year, even being on a battery maintainer for the winter.  The Rhino uses a U1 form factor. A battery store can get you set up with an equivalent. That is also a popular size for wheel chairs as was also mentioned in this thread. Just make sure that the battery + & - terminals are oriented correctly, as that can be an optional thing on the "U1" size.
Confused on this here in the red. why cant you just flip the battery around if they are on opposite sides as the stock battery? Or am I missing something completely here?
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:21 pm

kris55 wrote:
SteveS wrote:
ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
What is the life of an OEM yamaha battery? I still have the original from 08. I put a battery tender on it for 8 hrs before a ride and its at 100%, but it freaks me out every time I stop..is it gonna start? Every time it does. Is it just gonna bonk out one of these days without warning? Feels like I'm rollin the dice. Thanks guys
5 years is approaching old age for a battery. Mine lasted for 6 or 7 and was completely dead as a doornail,come spring one year, even being on a battery maintainer for the winter.  The Rhino uses a U1 form factor. A battery store can get you set up with an equivalent. That is also a popular size for wheel chairs as was also mentioned in this thread. Just make sure that the battery + & - terminals are oriented correctly, as that can be an optional thing on the "U1" size.
Confused on this here in the red. why cant you just flip the battery around if they are on opposite sides as the stock battery? Or am I missing something completely here?
Imagine that the battery cables are barely long enough to reach. Now, get a reversed terminal battery and put the terminals at the far side of the battery. Time for a new special made cable, or just use a proper battery?

I am not saying this is the case, but it might be, with the red cable running from the battery positive to the starter relay. It is always a good idea to be aware of the terminal orientation of a battery. In the automotive battery world there are lots of 'reversed terminal' batteries.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:12 am

Steve is back boys...wtf retirement rough?...lol
Back to top Go down
kris55

kris55

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:35 am

SteveS wrote:
kris55 wrote:
SteveS wrote:
ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
Imagine that the battery cables are barely long enough to reach. Now, get a reversed terminal battery and put the terminals at the far side of the battery. Time for a new special made cable, or just use a proper battery?

I am not saying this is the case, but it might be, with the red cable running from the battery positive to the starter relay. It is always a good idea to be aware of the terminal orientation of a battery. In the automotive battery world there are lots of 'reversed terminal' batteries.
Ah gotcha now. Thanks, never thought of that even, and that'd be my luck when I get a new battery too.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:27 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
Steve is back boys...wtf retirement rough?...lol
Oh yes, it has been a tough summer.....   Sleep drunken  Sleep  Basketball  Sleep  study  Sleep
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:37 pm

you've earned a little r & r, steve bounce 
i'm sure you feel that way about working all your life; i know i do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OEM Yamaha Battery   OEM Yamaha Battery - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OEM Yamaha Battery
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2