HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Vote_lcapexhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Voting_barexhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Vote_lcapexhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Voting_barexhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.

Go down 
+10
rhino727
TrunkMonkey
KJrhino
scotearl
123.bert0621
chuddly
Guenther
ASPENDELLROVER
flimmy
thekevin
14 posters
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Empty
PostSubject: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Has anyone else switched back to factory after running aftermarket.  My Gibson is just too loud and I rode in my buddies a couple of weekends ago with stock and man it sounded nice.  I am just hoping I don't see a huge loss in power.  Look at the difference in tip size.

exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. IMG_20130319_192417_zps33a8cc22
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Sell the Gibson and try an Alba I have one and don't think it's too loud
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 pm

gibson is only 96db, dont think you are gonna getmuch quiter unless you go with stock
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:22 pm

I think I will switch tonight and keep it stock until at least after deer season.....as long as it doesnt run like a giant turd.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:26 pm

i dont think it will run bad, the only real improvement in exhaust is a complete system, the gibson you and I have is more for just sound
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I hope thats the case.  I need to not draw as much attention to my Rhino for the next little bit.  More issues popping up in my subdivision and people are complaining about everything.
Back to top Go down
Guenther

Guenther

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 pm

I have been contemplating switching over to an aftermarket exhaust and am concerned about noise as well.  Is there one that you can get that increases horsepower and not decibel level?Question
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:09 pm

gotta love neighbors. i have to get a permit to load my rhino just so they dont call the cops on me. we dont have an hoa just a bunch of assholes...I think they r just jealous
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:34 pm

I have already let my wife know if they restrict our riding in the subdivision to get to where I ride then I will buy the loudest Harley I can find and ride around the neighborhood every day.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 pm

thekevin wrote:
I have already let my wife know if they restrict our riding in the subdivision to get to where I ride then I will buy the loudest Harley I can find and ride around the neighborhood every day.
straight pipes....12" from the cylinder and never get out of second gear...they will LOVE you
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:17 pm

OEM only where I am,aftermarket on your land only. My Yamaha muffler is broken and I have a Jardine RT5 in the garage I can't use and can't sell.
Back to top Go down
scotearl

scotearl

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 pm

I bought my '08 used.  The end cap had been removed - not sure what that involved or if there were other modifications to the silencer.  At any rate, it was kinda loud.  I found an aftermarket billet end cap that quieted it down a bit and took some of the edge off - looks decent too.  The outlet is probably twice the size of stock.  I'm pretty happy with the sound, though I really don't know how much louder it is than a stock end cap.
Back to top Go down
KJrhino

KJrhino

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Try the Ron woods I posted a vid of mine on hear not loud at all a low deep rumble, I didn't want loud either
Back to top Go down
TrunkMonkey

TrunkMonkey

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Mine had a two brothers dual exhaust on it when I got it. It sounded great at first, but got real annoying after about 15 minutes riding my son around the neighborhood. I replaced it with a stock exhaust and it is much better. I may put the dual back on it some day, but the stock is much better for around the house.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:51 pm

I 've got the Gibson header & muffler like the sound for now , its quitter than a lot of others I 've
 heard .  now come deer season I may too go back to stock header & muffler have even thought
 about adding a 2nd muffler I 've seen just for deer season
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:08 pm

I found that the power with the Jardine exhaust was there, but people would always comment how loud it was. My ears were ringing after the ride. I miss the power but I don't piss people off with OEM.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Well I put my stocker back on tonight and it still hauls ass.  I kinda wish I had done this before.  I am pretty sure that this just means I am getting old.  I still like the sound of the Gibson, but it was just too loud for my nightly deer runs that start July 1st.  This is by no means a permanent switch, but I may try the Alba's next.  Oh and when I hit the rev limiter now it give a big ass backfire.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 am

maybe you get a benz silencer then you can put your hearing aids back in..lol
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:36 am

Give me until tomorrow and I will have a performance or practical use for swapping it out.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:37 am

thekevin wrote:
Well I put my stocker back on tonight and it still hauls ass.  I kinda wish I had done this before.  I am pretty sure that this just means I am getting old.  I still like the sound of the Gibson, but it was just too loud for my nightly deer runs that start July 1st.  This is by no means a permanent switch, but I may try the Alba's next.  Oh and when I hit the rev limiter now it give a big ass backfire.
July? Does hunting seasons change from state to state?
Back to top Go down
Guenther

Guenther

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:03 am

Is the Alba exhaust really that good and not much louder? just wondering.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am

Season opens Sep. 15th, but the prep work starts now.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 am

I like the tip on my stock exhaust.  It took the crappy sound away, and made a nice deep sound at idle and part throttle.  Other than that, I don't think it's really any louder than all stock.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 pm

if any thing id say you'll see some top end loss
Back to top Go down
wolverine34

wolverine34

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 am

yep I went back to my stock exhaust and hated the power loss. now i'm back to my two brothers duals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.   exhaust - I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I am going back to factory exhaust tonight.
Page 1 of 1