HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Vote_lcapsheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Voting_barsheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Vote_lcapsheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Voting_barsheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help

Go down 
+17
09-rhino700
ChrisH
WV Hot Rod Rhino
m1n1ster
varmint10
RHINOMOON
banchee6
Junglerider
honda450sfm
madmax 1
Hump
scottwv
ASPENDELLROVER
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
T.Rhino
rhino727
defstar
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Hump

Hump

sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:36 pm

If it's hitting the rev limit, I wonder if the weights are what they are supposed to be.  Maybe got in the wrong box from the factory or something.  Are you running a cdi box?
Back to top Go down
defstar

defstar

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:05 pm

No CDI here...bone stock...bad weights could be a possibility I guess...would bad weights affect the low to mid range as well?...I know my low to mid range feels about the same as stock (as I've mentioned before)...maybe just a tad lower but again no "wow" feeling...
Back to top Go down
Dan700

Dan700

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:42 pm

well I am def in the same boat you are...I just haven't had time to mess with anything I just got a new job and haven't had time. but haven't had the wow factor either. Mine is bone stock to no mods expect for big horns stock tires
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:58 pm

defstar wrote:
Alright guys...I just got back from further testing...I said before that my brothers bike was a 2012...it's actually a 2013 (sry about that) with less than 20 miles...we put the JBS sheave in it (with the 18g weights) and his factory primary sheave in mine...both of us are still using the factory secondary spring...

His bike did the exact same thing as mine did on the top end...from 40 to 49 it felt like the rev limiter was trying to kick in...also we drag raced again about a dozen times (switching bikes back and forth) and we either tied or he would edge me out by a nose from 0 to 40...

Just to remind everyone that before when the JBS was in my bike the top end rev limiter issue was there and when drag racing he was beating me by half a link...

I have not checked my wet clutch yet due to these results being so close together IMO with the JBS sheave in each of the bikes...

James...does this mean it's a sheave issue or do I still need to check my wet clutch?...is there a chance I was sent a 660 or 450 sheave by mistake or would that even make a difference?...

Please let me know what I need to do next...

Both our bikes are 700's and both are running stock tires...mine is a 2009 and his a 2013...my bike is also about 100 lbs heavier as I have a steel skid plate and some other protection parts...not sure if 100 lbs matters... scratch
very few have a rev limiter that hits a little earlier than others...you will have to run 20 gr until you get a cdi or go bigger on tires
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 pm

I would be getting a cdi.  If you swap weights, you will just be swapping them back after you get a cdi.
Back to top Go down
defstar

defstar

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 am

Alright...so if I go CDI which one to get and how do you install them?...

Also...will this CDI correct everything and give me the "wow" factor in the low to mid range or just smooth the top end?...

I want all this awesome low to mid range from the sheave that everyone keeps talking about...

And in addition...if I do put the CDI on and then later my bigger tires...what then?...will anything need to be done with the CDI?...
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:58 am

The cdi is an easy plug in install.  It will take away that cutting out from hitting the rev limiter.  So, it will pull good at 40+.  The dynatek is what most people are running.

I can't answer you on the sheave only gains on a 700 as I done all of my mods at the same time.  I can tell you that you run higher rpms durring acceleration from the lighter weights, rpms build a whole lot quicker right after the clutch engages, the clutch engages at a slower speed for more crawling ability and bottom end, and you gain top speed.  I done the sheave and weights only on the 450 I had.  It gained a few mph up hills, maintained more speed up hills, turned the tires over much better in mud and on hills where I needed to spin them, and increased top speed.  I don't know if it would have outran a stock 450 from 0-35.  Maybe not???  But I did pull out on the blacktop and pass a stock 450 pretty easy, but we were close to the stock top speed of one and above as we went by.  It may be possible that a stock 700 can keep up til 40 due to the crappy flat cam that comes in them stock.  They just don't seem to like to pull in the upper rpms, more of a torque engine in stock form.

You do need that cdi since you are hitting the rev limit.
Back to top Go down
defstar

defstar

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks Hump...I may pass on the CDI and go ahead and order my wheels so I can put the 28's on...then adjust from there (as James suggested)...the cutting out at 40+ doesn't bother me...just the fact that I'm not "feeling" gains on the bottom end...though I may not be able to until I have a bigger tire on...

I will keep everyone posted on my results...it may be two or three weeks before I can get my wheels and test everything again...Dan700 feel free to post any of your findings if you try something different and anyone else with additional input please keep it coming in the meantime...
Back to top Go down
Dan700

Dan700

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:10 am

I will pry pass on the cdi also . Maybe later on I do something when I get some extra cash but right now the rhino runs and does what I want it to do. Kenny I hope everything works out for you keep me updated. sounds like we are in the same situation.
Back to top Go down
defstar

defstar

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Ordered my wheels today...should have them by Friday and mounted up with my 28" outlaws...if all goes well I'll run some more testing Saturday and report back...I'm hoping that with the bigger tires on I'll be able to feel the JBS sheave helping more on the low end...I'm going to first run the stock sheave then switch over...maybe too with the taller tire it will kind of remedy the need for a CDI...
Back to top Go down
defstar

defstar

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 am

Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana 

JBS sheave has finally shown it's self...this weekend we tested the Rhino with 29.5 Outlaw blems installed...these blemished tires are actually 28" tall and weight 40 lbs each...the first run was with the factory sheave and secondary spring and you could tell the bike was definitely under a load...especially in reverse...we only did some speed runs and hill climbing (same as before) I would not have felt comfortable taking this machine into any type of thick mud...

Now after installing the JBS sheave and gold secondary spring the fun begins. Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana 
It was a night and day difference...my bike pretty much felt like stock again with these monster Outlaws...hill climbing was done with ease even in reverse...and Rhino was able to spin the heck out of the outlaws even in 4WD...

James was right (as usual) I just needed the larger tires with my setup before I was going to notice a difference...as far as top speed I was only able to get to 35 MPH before having to slow down as my dirt road straightaways are not very long and I wasn't about to take my new outlaws out on the blacktop...I can say though from 0 to 35 she felt strong the whole way through and was still climbing when I had to let off...

But yes I can feel the "WOW" factor now...

Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 am

Dancing Banana  Dancing Banana  Dancing Banana  Dancing Banana  Dancing Banana  Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 am

cheers
forum GROUP HUG lol

glad you got it worked out
Back to top Go down
defstar

defstar

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 am

I need more dancing Bananas...

Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana 
Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana 

That should do it... Dancing Banana

Also thanks to everyone following this thread and helping me out...I'm going to clean up the machine this week and post some pictures for you guys...
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

glad it worked, always nice to feel like your hard earned money was well spent!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Glad you got it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:43 am

I never thought about it because I don't know the spring/weight combos for each tire size.  I swapped out weights on a grizzly 700 I used to own, and it just overreved the powerband.  It was screaming, but not near as fast as stock.  It had stock sized tires on it.  I guess that's what was happening to you.  Glad you like it with the new shoes.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 am

Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:57 am

that's great glad you got it worked out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help   sheave - Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installed JBS Sheave - Need Help
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4