HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Head Light Swap Question? Vote_lcapHead Light Swap Question? Voting_barHead Light Swap Question? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Head Light Swap Question? Vote_lcapHead Light Swap Question? Voting_barHead Light Swap Question? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Head Light Swap Question?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyonkill33

Head Light Swap Question? Empty
PostSubject: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:47 am

Has anyone here run into this situation? I have an 06' 660 and I saw the white zenon replacement bulbs on ebay.Im sure everyone knows how shitty the stock lights are so i ordered these bulbs,only to find out they they are not the same as my stock bulbs. Ive done alot of research and found that I have the odd ball style with the plastic connector that the bulb does not come out of. I dont really want to do the HID conversion kit,although they are awesome I do alot of blacktop driving also and Hid's are not able to be dimmed,and i dont want to deal with blinding everyone out on the road. I have Extra HID lights for when i need them but as far as headlights go I just want a light with a little more clarity. These lights are cheap and easily replaceable/available so it would be nice if i could figure out a set up to make them work for me. Ive heard of people switching out housings from a different year to make them work. So I guess my question is,since there are two  headlight styles for an 06',The f'ed up one i have and the other one with replaceable bulbs,does anyone know if the pigtails are the same so it would fit if I got the other housing? Or if anyone has figured out a different method to make this work any info is appreciated,thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:07 am

You can get HID lights that dim....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bi-Xenon-Mid-Slim-HID-Kit-9007-HB5-6000k-Diamond-White-Dual-Beam-Low-High-/370700354937?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564f768579&vxp=mtr
search "Dual beam HID" and you will see TONS of them.  starting around $26 up to about $100.  I have a single beam $25 set in mine and they work great.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:05 am

x2 on the stock replacement hids they work great
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:46 pm

You're right about the 06 660 having that oddball light. Mine is the same and when I was upgrading my lighting system I couldn't find an HID kit that dimmed.
You'll have to get a different year housing in order to get the dimmable HIDS.
Back to top Go down
Lyonkill33

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:04 am

honda450sfm wrote:
You're right about the 06 660 having that oddball light. Mine is the same and when I was upgrading my lighting system I couldn't find an HID kit that dimmed.
You'll have to get a different year housing in order to get the dimmable HIDS.

What did you end up doing with yours? and about how much did it cost?
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 am

I ended up getting an 06 660 big ballast HID kit from UTV INC a couple years ago. 
They were on sale for 125. There's a number of companies that offer the kits just make sure you specify 06 660. If you're a bulbs say Trident on them they are the oddball ones 
Rhino giant has them on sale for 129 bucks. 
> Rhino 2006 HID Light Conversion Kit *SUPER SALE!*
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 am

ask flimmy if he can get any kits, if not ddm tuning is wherei got mine bout 50.00 bucks for high beam only works great, but just adding a couple of flimmys leds might be a better choice, brighter and hardly any draw on your battery
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:54 am

i agree with madmax.....those HID's draw a TON.  Flimmy's LED's draw next to nothing and the light you get from them is 1000X better than what you get even from the HID's
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Actually the Hid's draw a lot less than a stock headlight. Once they fire they have a low draw after that.
LEDs draw the least for sure
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 am

I ran into this issue while upgrading my '06-660. What happened is Yamaha had some '05 bulbs and housings left over, so they used them up on the '06 models. Once their inventory ran out, they went to the new '06 bulb/ housing setups. The sales in '06 were so good Yamaha ran out of the '06 setups,they had to started using '07 bulb/housings. In '06 they sold over 350,000 660 Rhinos. My '06 has the '07 style bulb/housings. Your description sounds as if you have the '07 bulb/housings.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:40 pm

i ran into that also on my 06......so i just glued the new ones to the back of the housing...good enough for me
Back to top Go down
Lyonkill33

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:05 am

Sweet guys! Thanks for the reply's. not sure what route I'm gonna go yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head Light Swap Question?   Head Light Swap Question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head Light Swap Question?
Page 1 of 1