HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Vote_lcaprhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Voting_barrhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Vote_lcaprhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Voting_barrhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The first Rhino hood ornament

Go down 
+5
Guenther
REDRHINO64
madmax 1
SteveS
chuddly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
chuddly

chuddly

rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Empty
PostSubject: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:26 pm

At least its the first one I have ever seen.  As some of you might have seen I bought a 3d printer about a week ago.  After working on some stuff I made this.  It doesn't have to be a hood ornament I guess because it has no bold or threads but if you drill it out and put a bold in there with some epoxy it would be perfect for one with the angle that happened to curve in there due to some heat warp age (trying to get the hang of working with  more plastics).  Anyway this one is for Guenther because he hooked me up with some wheels spacers and I told him I had a surprise for him but it would take me a few weeks to get it lined out (Guenther shoot me a PM with your address please).  Next one will go to James (along with the keychain I haven't sent yet because I wanted to send them all at once).  Also James shoot me a PM and let me know if you want it in black, neon green, or natural plastic color???  Anyway Im not trying to make a business out of this but curious how many people would buy something like this???  On to the pictures!!!
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament 20130726_200555_zps800e3579
 rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament 20130726_200708_zps1d3b49e5
rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament 20130726_200728_zpscbdf70ac
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Great looking hood ornament. How long does it take your machine to print out that much plastic? What plastic compound or alloy are you shooting? Where did you find a 3D model of a Rhino head, or did you model it yourself?

My thinking is that would be a practical, as well as bling, adder to the Rhino hood, if it was strong enough to open beer bottle caps, eh?
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:45 pm

I like the way you think steve
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:53 pm

its ABS plastic...People make bottle openers from these printers all the time but I don't know if that one is strong enough or not...I can tell you its a solid chunk of plastic.  The thing that took the longest was the big block that the head is mounted on  I think with James I will angle that block and make it a bit sleeker maybe???  That one took about 4 hours to print or so.  I had found a 3d model of a whole rhino and I chopped the head off and mounted it on a block....not to big of a deal really.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 pm

chuddly wrote:
its ABS plastic...People make bottle openers from these printers all the time but I don't know if that one is strong enough or not...I can tell you its a solid chunk of plastic.  The thing that took the longest was the big block that the head is mounted on  I think with James I will angle that block and make it a bit sleeker maybe???  That one took about 4 hours to print or so.  I had found a 3d model of a whole rhino and I chopped the head off and mounted it on a block....not to big of a deal really.

Neat. That is a decent plastic for most stuff. Keep us posted on your projects!
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 pm

I always have some kind of project going on....I will keep you guys updated as i make other things.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
Guenther

Guenther

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm

That is Friggin Sweet!
Back to top Go down
kris55

kris55

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Very Nice!! Excellent hood sticker also!!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm

nice!!!!....black for me
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:38 pm

kris55 wrote:

actually not a sticker....hand taped and painted by me.  but thanks!
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:38 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
nice!!!!....black for me

Ill get one printed and sent out to ya.
Back to top Go down
kris55

kris55

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:54 pm

chuddly wrote:
kris55 wrote:

actually not a sticker....hand taped and painted by me.  but thanks!

Even better then!!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Nice looking work.
Back to top Go down
UnderDawg

UnderDawg

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:48 pm

looks like ya got a cool new hobby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first Rhino hood ornament   rhino - The first Rhino hood ornament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first Rhino hood ornament
Page 1 of 1