HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Question for James Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Question for James Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Question for James Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Question for James Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Question for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Question for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Question for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Question for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Question for James Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Question for James Vote_lcapQuestion for James Voting_barQuestion for James Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Question for James Vote_lcapQuestion for James Voting_barQuestion for James Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Question for James

Go down 
+4
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Gyrene
banchee6
FLOGROWN
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Ok I should be receiving my sheave kits any time, today tomorrow. What size impact sockets am I going to need to remove primary, secondary, and spring nuts, also is there any larger nuts to get to the wet clutch I need to get a bigger socket for? When using the impact do I keep the rhino in gear or neutral? And the O-Rings on the secondary, does the kit come with new? I don't think they are bad cause no grease on my sheaves now but just a question. What should I look for if they are bad? 2600 miles on the ole gal. Any help is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 pm

I'll be doing a 06 660 and a 09 700 so if the sizes are different I'll need both. Thanks
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:37 pm

I wanna say a 7/8" socket on both for the clutch. I can't remember exactly what size the secondary nut is. I wanna say 1-5/16". Everything else is small.
Back to top Go down
Gyrene

Gyrene

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 pm

The nut to take off the primary and secondary on the 700 takes a 22mm or a 7/8" socket. The spring nut is eithe a 45mm or 46mm socket, I used a 1 13/16" socket and it worked good for me.

I'm not sure about the 660...

Good luck!!! It's an easy job, just a little time consuming getting everything off and out of the way to get to the sheaves.
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks guys for the response, I'm going to start tearing them down tonight, just was wanting to know if they were some bastard sizes.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 pm

22mm and a 1 13/16
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Gyrene wrote:
The nut to take off the primary and secondary on the 700 takes a 22mm or a 7/8" socket. The spring nut is eithe a 45mm or 46mm socket, I used a 1 13/16" socket and it worked good for me.

You are correct
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks James and gang.
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:59 pm

What about keeping it in gear or neutral when hitting it with the impact?
Back to top Go down
Gyrene

Gyrene

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 pm

I personally put it neutral, I don't want that shock from the impact transferring through the internal components such as gears in mesh and such.

Others may say different, that's just how I do it and my reasoning behind it.

I also put the Rhino and my 4 wheeler in neutral when I strap them down on the trailer for transporting because of the back and forth movement, even though it's only a little movement, it's not good on the same components for the same reasons as using an impact while in gear. I rode with a guy one time that hauled his in gear and the belt worked into the sheave a little deeper while pulling tight one way then the other way as it moved back and forth on the trailer and it made a heck of a squawk sound when he went to move it and it lurched pretty hard too when it finally moved lol.

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

It does thanks, I also haul mine in neutral so with the impact it makes sense
Back to top Go down
4x4ff

4x4ff

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 am

Now you guys have me wondering about hauling these on my trailer.  I have always used the reasoning that in case the straps would loosen somehow (I always use 4 ratchet straps on each and have had them loosen) I drive my Rhino and 4-wheelers onto the trailer in 4wd Low and leave them that way with the brakes locked.  That way I have all 4 wheels engaged and 'locked' if you will.  My trailer is a flat bed car hauler and doesn't have rails or a gate around back.

I may have to rethink what I do.

Steve
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 am

When u strap your machine down there should be zero back and forth movement anyway so what's the difference if u left it in gear??
Back to top Go down
Gyrene

Gyrene

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:38 pm

honda450sfm wrote:
When u strap your machine down there should be zero back and forth movement anyway so what's the difference if u left it in gear??

There is no back and forth movement when I first strap it down but after a couple of miles on these rough and I mean rough South Carolina roads the straps usually work a little loose, happens every time with every type of strap I've ever used.

Even with tight straps the machine can move a little sometimes as the suspension compresses while hitting these rough spots, the straps lose tension when the shocks compress, even if you strap to the chassis the tires compress a little and you get the same affect while traveling down the road hitting bumps, even expansion joints on concrete roads, it's compounded when you have both the shocks and tires compressing at the same time.

I always check the straps several times each trip and I always tighten them a little each time I check them, it's not much but enough to allow the back and forth motion that I think could damage the internals.

If I remember correctly my owners manual for my Suzuki King Quad says to transport in neutral, I'll check that out later, my Rhino manual is in the house and it doesn't mention anything at all about tying it down for transport.

I'm not going to say one way is better than the other and I've read on several forums that some put it in gear and some in neutral, like I said in my earlier post "Others may say different, that's just how I do it and my reasoning behind it." some do the opposite than what I do as do some others do it the same, but what I do works for me.

Ride safe
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:01 pm

4wh low and brakes locked here when I tie mine down on the trailer,just what I do.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:34 am

^^...the e-brake is the only thing keeping it from moving...being in gear will not keep it from rolling backwards.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 am

A deep well 6-point 22mm works best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question for James Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for James   Question for James Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for James
Page 1 of 1