HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Vote_lcapwhat cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Voting_barwhat cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Vote_lcapwhat cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Voting_barwhat cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque

Go down 
+9
Polarblu
08Rhino450SE
ChrisH
REDRHINO64
banchee6
Randy3451
Hump
thePayne
thekevin
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thekevin

thekevin

what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Empty
PostSubject: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:33 pm

i am going to be changing some things up on my rhino and i will be putting 28s under it.  i will be doing lots of slow technical riding but when i give it throttle it needs to be instant.  what cam would be best for that, im guessing its not the stage3 i have now.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:18 pm

I havent got to crawl around too much yet with my new stage2 cam but so far just dead stop take offs feel about the same till about 10mph and then the speedo starts jumping in intervals of 4mph till I am at about 53mph then its single digits to 59mph. I will know more about my cam after I crawl around in the creek and pull somethings this weekend at the cabin.

You can have my factory cam if you want it other wise I am going to bring it to work and use it as a paper weight!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 5:41 am

I love mine for the slow stuff, but I'm running 25s.  May be a diferent story with 28s.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 pm

thePayne wrote:
I havent got to crawl around too much yet with my new stage2 cam but so far just dead stop take offs feel about the same till about 10mph and then the speedo starts jumping in intervals of 4mph till I am at about 53mph then its single digits to 59mph. I will know more about my cam after I crawl around in the creek and pull somethings this weekend at the cabin.
 Well I pulled my 60" pull behind bush hog last night for about 3hrs in high running 0-5mph and the Stage2 cam feels more torque than stock for sure its like an instant explosion if you if your moving and smash the pedal all I can say is Stage2 cam is BADASS!!
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm with Rodney, it's perfect for what I do, crawling thru rocks, doing 5-10mph on the trail, hammering down thru a stretch of mud in 4x4, or hauling butt down the road!!!!
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 pm

how is it right off idle with your 28's, i dont want any lag at all.  when i hit the pedal i want it there instantly.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:16 am

Randy your close to me and Kevin we need to get together and ride you ever go to moccasin gap?
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 am

Any lag with this cam will be from the wet clutch, tune, or tire size.  This cam feels like added engine size as soon as you touch it.  If it doesn't do what you wan't it to do with this cam, then you need to look at some other mods for help.  It's got it right as soon as you touch the gas.  Huge bang for the buck.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 am

With the right clutch work, the torque will be there. I'm just the opposite as everyone else. I'd go stage one or stock raptor cam. I think it will smooth out the whole power curve better and even, and with the brazzar you have with auto tune, you will have the hard low end grunt. That's just my opinion. I know my cam has a good but of lag off idle when u mash it. Rolling into the throttle is different but I'm snorkled which makes air delivery different. I'd really like to try a stage one in mine to see a difference. I know for my trial/mud/water riding, stage 2 is overkill.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

Kevin its all just money man throw your factory cam back in it and see if its what you want since you still have it  and its only labor to swap it out. You can ride mine this weekend and see if you like the stage2 cam and how it feels as with all the crap I have on my rhino it would still be heavier than yours with 28's on it. Hell quit sending me pics of Vikings with 30's on them at stock height your making me want to swap mine for one in camo with 30's on it!
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm

I think the 30's would rub hard tho. I seen that pic to. Wish they would make a lift. Then it would be one hell of a machine if you could get the air box from under the seat. Stupid idea.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:39 pm

I cant help but think that viking with 30s has to be as big as a jeep and a huge turd in factory form with 30s.

Banchee good call on the stock raptor cam. I have 2 local guys here wanting my stage 3 cam for their raptors so I think we are going to do dome swapping and its going to be my cheapest way to swap cams.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I just rode the new Viking at lunch and it was pretty smooth riding and seemed to have nice amount of torque just crusing around. It was weird not to be elbow to elbow with your buddy and the cab noise was little louder than a rhino since you can look down behind seat and see motor there is no dust stop between you and it just back of seat and bed with gap. I did hit 47mph pretty quick I will say felt like my rhino when I was setup with stock sheave,14gr weights and gold spring and CDI. This was a non power steering model fixing to go to Field and Stream magazine and it wasnt bad to steer at all.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 pm

ok, got the cam deal worked out.  traded my stage 3 for a factory raptor cam installed.  it should go in sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 pm

thePayne wrote:
Randy your close to me and Kevin we need to get together and ride you ever go to moccasin gap?
 Yep, go 2or3 times a year, used to ride horses there. I like Mt. Magazine better. Let's go sometime.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:03 am

Randy3451 wrote:
thePayne wrote:
 Yep, go 2or3 times a year, used to ride horses there. I like Mt. Magazine better. Let's go sometime.
 Yeah I'd be down for a camp out and ride and I know Kevin would too once his hand gets better where he can hold the wheel!
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 am

What about the auto tune, worth it, how much? I bug James all the time about maps, is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:11 am

Randy3451 wrote:
What about the auto tune, worth it, how much? I bug James all the time about maps, is it worth it?
Yeah I like them and they are simple to use and get you tuned out fairly quick. What I like verse a dyno is its real world tuning while riding vs a air conditioned room and a machine.
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:03 pm

new cam goes in aug 22.  after looking over the power curves of all these cams im pretty sure im going to like the way the stock raptor cam performs.  no more mods for me until i get some safety issues addressed like cage upgrade and 4 point harnesses that banchee hooked me up with.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Cant wait to see how she runs!!Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Ive ran all the cams and the mudbuster and the raptor stage 1 cam worked  the best for me,the mudbuster worked great right off the bottom..instant throttle response but lacked on the run where your running 45+,the stage 1 raptor cam does the best for me, it still has good bottom but has great midrange and top end pull without being a topend cam,the mudbuster would be great for mud and rock crawling,but the stage 1 raptor cam is a great all round trail cam.ive ran raptor stage 1-2-3 and megacycle x-4 cams but I liked the stage 1 raptor cam the best.hope this helps
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

isnt the stage 1 raptor cam the same as the stage 2 rhino cam.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 pm

If  I were just going thru mud and rock crawling only and running big tires...I would go with the mudbuster cam for sure!! it builds more compression on bottom end!
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 pm

thekevin wrote:
isnt the stage 1 raptor cam the same as the stage 2 rhino cam.
 Yep,stage 2 rhino cam =stage 1 raptor cam,stage 3 rhino=stage 2 raptor cam.which makes power in the top end range.
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:24 am

Mike, I hardly ever do over 20mph, trails and mud, but almost always have my big mud tires on. I can do 44mph with the big tires in low range with the stage 1 raptor. I don't care about top end speed, I want as much hole shot bottom end power as I can get!! Is there a big enough difference in the mud buster for me to swap out? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque   what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what cam for slow technical trail riding and maximum torque
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next