HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Vote_lcaprhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Voting_barrhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Vote_lcaprhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Voting_barrhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mamma's Pink Rhino build

Go down 
+14
thekevin
ASPENDELLROVER
rhinosport84
Kenny G
gullyjumper
WV Hot Rod Rhino
08Rhino450SE
123.bert0621
rhino727
Jet
04rhino
chalkminer
Bayou Tiger
Crusty
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
rhino727

rhino727

rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 am

dusty how big did you go on air box intake , I cut my top to take a 2" rubber coupling  an that really helped getting enough air in
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 am

Reneck
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Ok so I've come to the conclusion that I need to take the rhino to someone that knows what the FU*K they are doing and knows how to tune a motor rather than just keep throwing different size jets in it. 
He may be able to rebuild a good motor but other than that he's not getting one more cent from me until this piece of shit runs!
Falls flat on its face about half throttle and just bogs out really bad, not even enough RPM's to throw out the weights in the clutch. 
Sputtering and popping, I removed the air box lid to see if it would help and it ran better but seems to still be only getting half throttle. 
Took everything I had to get up to 40 mph, hell the stock pink one with a stock clutch will run circles around this thing. I think a 170 main is way too big and is dumping too much fuel and is starving for air. 
I'm frustrated as hell with this thing and can't afford to keep throwing parts at it!!
I asked him if he uses an AF gauge and he said he has never used one. 
Sorry to vent lol
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Stock cam and stock pipe I would think a 170 would be to big. My 686 with cam intake and pipe I run a 170 main.......
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:23 pm

And you need a afr gauge! Got all that money in your motor you want to no where your at not just guess. I thought I was close and was way off..... I was at a 162.5 and thought I was good  put my gauge in and was running 15's at wot. Went up to 170 main to get it right. $200 well spent......
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:39 pm

But now I'm out of funds and Christmas is right around the corner, I think the guy that built the motor should get it tuned in not me, that's what I paid him for. 
I agree the stock cam is killing it and will be putting a cam in it. Do you think the stock cam would be causing all of these problems?
It has a ported head and +2 valves also, would that stock cam make it run that bad?
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Stock exhaust maybe cam maybe not. You could send your head to me and I could send you mine till you get a cam and exhaust....... =) =) =). Lol! Sounds like it could be a fuel problem but could not be getting enough air also. Could be a tooth off on timing also. Just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 am

I think I'm shooting more for timing and fuel than cam and exhaust but that's just my thoughts, I would just be happy if it ran as good and as fast as my stock motor lol at least I could hit 56 with the stocker. 
I'll be dropping it back off at the builder on Monday and tell him I don't want it back until it runs good, I don't care if he drives it for a week in the hills to get it right. 
I don't mean to sound like an Asshole but it was pretty much ok your motor is done, where's my money?
Don't get me wrong he does good work but I think he was in a hurry to get it done and he has about 10 other ATV's, 10 bikes and 4 sleds in his shop to be worked on and it's just one guy. 
So instead of working until 2:00 am everyday to get shit done maybe he needs to get a little sleep so he can stay focused.
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:39 am

That's what I'm sayin. Should run just fine with the stock stuff just not as good as it is built for. I would for sure take it back and tell him to get it right.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 am

I'm only running 165 main , what pilot jet you running an where is the a/f screw set an I agree check the timing also where is your needle set at
Back to top Go down
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Morning Dusty..I really enjoyed the invite on the vernon ride with you and your (son,lol ) James & his wife..to me it sounded more like a fuel / timing issues..understanding with the stock cam/ exhaust  would not have as much  power as the aftermarket..but would not had cut-out and lack  of RPM,s..Good luck I,m sure you  will get worked out ..after I got home from the ride spent about 1.5 hours making it pretty again..had mud in places don,t even know it had,lol..Danny
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Thanks Danny, I had a good time and it was nice to meet you. 
Do you guys think my CDI might be messing with my timing?
It's a non programmable Dragonfire racing CDI which I've heard is either an MSD or a Dynatek.
Back to top Go down
CamoRhino660

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Prb not. Timing chain is prb a tooth off on the cam sprocket.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:34 pm

I dropped it back off today, he swears the timing is correct. 
We'll see what he comes up with.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Valve timing,AFR,hope its an easy fix,don't feel guilty about demanding a good running machine.
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I agree, I'm into this motor $3,000 so I should expect a good running motor.
Back to top Go down
04rhino

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:05 pm

morning Dusty.. 1+.would think  for 3k !..my money is still on A/F or timing..when I talked to him   I was surprized that he did not have  a a/f guage..been thinking about doing a cam change maybe a raptor  1 for my 660..but most I talked to have FIand adjust the  fuel from the control box.. will need to do something to be able to see your dust cloud  or tail lights..when you get it running right,lol.. keep us posted..Danny
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Crusty wrote:
I agree, I'm into this motor $3,000 so I should expect a good running motor.
I hear ya Dusty, its stories like yours that keeps me from building my motor. Seems like James is the only guy that gets it right before it leaves his shop.I hope ya get it fixed. For 3k it should get your dick hard...lol
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:25 pm

mine apart right now getting the same build hopefully it runs as good as it did when I pulled it apart but ill find out this weekend if its done.. let us know what he figures out! good luck
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:31 pm

The new cam showed up today but won't be put in until the first of the week. 
My reverse switch was bad so it was causing it to think it was in reverse and it was bouncing off the rev limiter the whole time, couldn't see the reverse light coming on in the bright daytime, he said it runs strong now, went back to a 162.5 main and changing up the intake to let it breath more. 
Won't know for sure until next week how it really goes but when I finally get it back I think I will have to put an A/F gauge on it and fine tune it myself. Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:12 pm

hopefully it works out for ya
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Dusty that is cool,you will be in good shape to ride this weekend.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 pm

glad for u  , u will be burning up the trails real soon    Dancing Banana Dancing Banana Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:03 am

good news! get er done! bounce
Back to top Go down
Crusty

Crusty

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 11:47 am

Guess I should be updating Mamma's Rhino pics, I got a little side tracked with the Stroker lol
It's too Damn cold outside right now to finish but it's getting really close and Mamma loves it.
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Kohler10
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Img_6610
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Img_6611
rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Img_6612

rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Img_6613

rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Img_6614

rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Img_6710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mamma's Pink Rhino build   rhino - Mamma's Pink Rhino build - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mamma's Pink Rhino build
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next