HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have recently moved our forum to vBulletin, part of moving means that you are required to reset your password. If you follow this link and enter your email address you will be emailed directions to resetting your password.

http://hotrodforums.net/forums/login.php?do=lostpw&email=$email

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» NEW FORUM!
Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 pm by 123.bert0621

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

» New guy from Texas with my first rhino
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:44 am by chuddly

» big boring the 660
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:02 am by rhinosport84

» Who else is in Houston
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:49 am by Stapleton1184

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino

madmax 1

REDRHINO64

ASPENDELLROVER

T.Rhino

123.bert0621

Firefighter

rhino727

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

flimmy

Most Viewed Topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
Hello hot rod forum
NEW 2014 SxS PHOTOS....................
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
Sand Reeper
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again
NEW FORUM!
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Show Your House/Compound
Looking for a better holeshot
Top posting users this week
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snorider

PostSubject: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

I don't really have a good spot to mount the hard wire plug in mind. where is everyone mounting theirs? I usually use the flush mount switch, but with wood and stuff the remote is nice. wireless would be best, but can't cash flow that, unless flimmy is having a barn burner sale on em lol! .

I was thinking that made it so it can plug under the dash from the inside so it keeps clear of tires and what not? or whats everyone else doing?

CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Have mine low in the middle of the dash it's out of the way and I use that remote and hold it in my hand when I'm plowing. Makes it way faster!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:44 pm

good idea for plowing, 

I use an IT28B with a 12ft snow pusher for plowing Laughing  its fast.

thats kinda the same area I was thinking though. thanks!

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Mine is left of the steering wheel below the headlight switch.

2008 Sport Edition 700,MSD fuel controller,Brink Enterprise floor guards,RMstator,Tusk rear window,1/2 windshield,hid's,on board compressor,airhorn,K&N,Traxion Grippers,Sirius XM, EBC severe duty brakes,Baja mirrors, Warn RT 30 winch,LED box lights.2"rear spacers,2"lift,no rear sway bar,fender flares, VDP Stereo,homemade rear bumper,Axia black stainless epoxy tip,JBS sheave OD-18gr,purple spring,anti-friction washers,10"LED.Hot rod rear aluminium skid plate, RZR seats. I see a lot of feathers but not much chicken !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 pm

I never mounted the round, corded remote plug on my Rhino as I used only the dash switch. When I installed the winch in my Teryx, I mounted the remote plug-in on the passenger side of the vehicle. The idea, for me, was to use the dash switch most times, but for those rare times when I need to be outside of the vehicle, I wanted the plug to be in a position where I could have the best range of the cord.

4500lb Warn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 pm

123.bert0621 wrote:
Mine is left of the steering wheel below the headlight switch.
 after looking at that... that is a great spot as well thanks 123bert.

ChrisHI never mounted the round, corded remote plug on my Rhino as I used only the dash switch.  When I installed the winch in my Teryx, I mounted the remote plug-in on the passenger side of the vehicle. The idea, for me, was to use the dash switch most times, but for those rare times when I need to be outside of the vehicle, I wanted the plug to be in a position where I could have the best range of the cord.

Thanks chris, now I gotta decide which side to put it on. lol. 

I've mounted it temporarily under the hood a couple times and it seems to be more of a hassle than handy under there. so thats when I started to look for other places to mount it inside the cab area. 

But if I am winching the rhino itself and for most purposes I do prefer to use the dash switch. its super nice. but when I am pulling logs and stuff like that up a bank, on or off the road, or cutting firewood, clearing ect. I found that it is much nicer to be out of the rhino when winching stuff into you especially if I am running solo. which is quite a bit.

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:16 am

Mine is just to the right and below the key.  easy to get to as Camorhino said i just hold it in my hand while i plow snow.

Mods done - rear seat out of a Jeep CJ7
Painted flat dark earth with black graphics
HID conversion
Trail Bright 10" LED bar (Thanks Flimmy!)
Quick detach snow plow
extended roll cage
4 point harnesses
Hunterworks CDI
700 belt
JBS sheave
14g weights
Purple spring
Angled steering wheel for better ergonomics
1" square steel tube doors with 1/8" aluminum skin.

Mods in progress -

Future Mods - Build complete enclosed cab, design and install heater and center console, more lights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike734

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 am

look above the winch on the blue plastic and you will see where I mounted the plug for my corded remote.

look above the 4 wheel drive switch you will see where I mounted the rocker switch. mounting it there I did not have to drill any holes. all I did was remove the black plastic screw and replaced it with a small nut and bolt.

07 660 , jbs sheave , 2" cfm lift , 28x11x12 ITP Mega Mayhems mounted on black MSA M17`s , warn bumper , warn rt30 , str8up motorsports family cage  , emp in dash radio , full snorkles , more to come....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Yeh that's good out front and convenient on the dash.

2008 Sport Edition 700,MSD fuel controller,Brink Enterprise floor guards,RMstator,Tusk rear window,1/2 windshield,hid's,on board compressor,airhorn,K&N,Traxion Grippers,Sirius XM, EBC severe duty brakes,Baja mirrors, Warn RT 30 winch,LED box lights.2"rear spacers,2"lift,no rear sway bar,fender flares, VDP Stereo,homemade rear bumper,Axia black stainless epoxy tip,JBS sheave OD-18gr,purple spring,anti-friction washers,10"LED.Hot rod rear aluminium skid plate, RZR seats. I see a lot of feathers but not much chicken !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Low Flyer

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:20 pm

You can see my rocker switch and the recepticle for the remote on my dash, just to the right of the light switch.  I've seen the recepticles mounted on the outside next to the hood latches, and I didn't want that because sometimes the rhino is on its side, and when that happens you can't get to it.  And I've seen a few mounted on the front, but I've had mine upside down a few times, and I would not have been able to get to it easily there either, getting to the cable was difficult enough.  I saw one recepticle mounted in the glove box, and I thought that was a great idea.  My point is that I think that I'll always have access to the interior of the rhino, but maybe not an exterior body panel when I need to use the remote.

ARP head studs
MSD FI w/ HW maps
Muzzy
Engine Ice
16g OD greaseless weights & Gold Spring
Douglas beadlocks
26" Big Horns
Cognito Racing spindles
Electra power steering
2" spacers all around
4-point harnesses
UTV Concepts cup holder w/ volt, oil, and temp gauges
Equus 8k tach
J-strong doors w/ OEM latches
Ryde'on dust guard
Superwinch 2500lbs w/ 10ft wired remote
Yamaha crossbed tool box, windshield & roof
backup lights
2" lift
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike734

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:19 am

123.bert0621 wrote:
Yeh that's good out front and convenient on the dash.

thanks...that setup has worked great for me sense 2007.

07 660 , jbs sheave , 2" cfm lift , 28x11x12 ITP Mega Mayhems mounted on black MSA M17`s , warn bumper , warn rt30 , str8up motorsports family cage  , emp in dash radio , full snorkles , more to come....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thePayne

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:14 am

My winch port for plug in remote is just below my 4x4 switch on the flat part of the dash. You can also see my Warn wireless winch remote in its cradle just under my AEM A/F gauge. I never have used the corded remote once but its in my dry box under my seat with other tools just in case.

" />

14" MSA M12 Diesel wheels & 27" ITP Blackwater Evo.
Dynatek CDI & Performance coil, Bazzaz Z-FI & Z-AFM, AEM A/F gauge,
Elka custom shocks, EMP rear bumper, Savant front bumper
Warn 30RT winch, VDP Ipod Stereo with 200 watt amp
Kolpin Over fender kit, Seizmik front rack
DG Inner fender guards, Master cylinder guard, Coolant guard, & radiator guard
JBS front and rear bash plates and JBS radiator shields
Pro Armor 4 points and Speed Ind. harness bar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wvdanno

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Mine is in dash below 4wd selector as well....

Dancing Banana queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CamoRhino660

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Rodney where did you get those floor mats?? Those are the chit!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?   

Back to top Go down

where is everyone mounting their winch plug in?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1