HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Is the noise worth it? Vote_lcapIs the noise worth it? Voting_barIs the noise worth it? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Is the noise worth it? Vote_lcapIs the noise worth it? Voting_barIs the noise worth it? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Is the noise worth it?

Go down 
+4
flimmy
123.bert0621
DEZLFREK
Deuces wild
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

Is the noise worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I just put a Dynatek cdi and irridium plug on my 660 and really woke it up but have stock exhaust. Is it worth the noise of changing the exhaust will it be any different?
Back to top Go down
DEZLFREK

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:11 pm

i run stock exhaust also but i dont like loud. i modified it a little to help by cutting the tip off as it made the outlet a little bigger and drilled a hole about the same size in the baffle inside also to help with flow.. both of those mods made it only slightly louder but kept the spark arrestor and from my air fuel guage made it leaner also so it helped to make more power without much noise..
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:33 pm

I have a Jardine RT5 complete exhaust,I really felt the power but,my ears were ringing after a ride, even with a full helmet,and almost everyone I met that heard said "thats pretty loud",so I took it off.Since the then its become illegal to use it,$200 to have it and a $500 fine to sell it.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 pm

123.bert0621 wrote:
I have a Jardine RT5 complete exhaust,I really felt the power but,my ears were ringing after a ride, even with a full helmet,and almost everyone I met that heard said "thats pretty loud",so I took it off.Since the then its become illegal to use it,$200 to have it and a $500 fine to sell it.

The $500 fine sucks.
Are you allowed to have any aftermarket exhaust or is it just a noise law ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 pm

I done an exhaust tip from Weller racing. It has a bigger inside diameter and sounds a lot deeper. It may only be in my mind, but it seem to help a lot more than I thought it would. I was able to use the factory spark arrestor with it. Duals or something like the Alba pipe will increase the horses, but dont think I could handle the noise.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:26 pm

The Alba isnt too bad
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 pm

I got a tip on mine and like it, but I wouldn't want it any louder.
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:18 pm

The other day I took the stock tip and spark arrestor out, is that what putting a tip on sounds like?
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:20 pm

I tried that, to me , its a deeper sound with the tip
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Watch a couple of these vids. You can hear some of the exhaust tip.

https://hotrodrhinoforums.forumotion.com/t197-07-660-wot
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:28 pm

lambfam660 wrote:
The other day I took the stock tip and spark arrestor out, is that what putting a tip on sounds like?
Yeah, pretty much. It does lean them out a little. Mine sounded better after James put the final tune on it. Nice deep sound at slow speeds, and downhill. It does help flow. I don't know how much, but mine wouldn't idle for very long after we put it on. Had to add a little fuel.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 am

After market exhaust on your own land only,and no riding after 11:00pm.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:25 am

so to ride anyplace other then your own land you have to have the stock exhaust ? I guess I could live with the stock exhaust
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 pm

you may want to check out the Gibson exhaust good performer not to load
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 pm

If I change the tip do I need to re-jet? If so what? The reason I ask is if I put a tip on I'm probably going to be switching back and forth. That's the reason I don't want to go full blown exhaust, this may be the best of both worlds for me...
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:32 pm

lambfam660 wrote:
If I change the tip do I need to re-jet? If so what? The reason I ask is if I put a tip on I'm probably going to be switching back and forth. That's the reason I don't want to go full blown exhaust, this may be the best of both worlds for me...
I would say you will need to re-jet. I don't think you would want to switch back and fourth after you get the tip and get it jetted good. It's not really much louder if any other than sounding a whole lot better at a slow crawl, and having a deeper idle. Pull you stock one and ride it to see what it runs like with no tip. That's what it will run like with the aftermarket tip on.
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:36 pm

Is it to loud to hunt off of? That's why I say I would switch back an forth. No way you can have quite and performance is it?
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 pm

I agree with Hump. I dont think You will want to switch back once You get it on. It is really just a deeper sound, especially at lower speeds
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 pm

Who makes the best tip?
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:46 pm

lambfam660 wrote:
Is it to loud to hunt off of? That's why I say I would switch back an forth. No way you can have quite and performance is it?
It's a much deeper performance tone, but not much louder at all. Absolutely nothing like a aftermarket exhaust. With the tip, your clutch weights and belt running up and down the sheaves are still almost as loud. Pull you stock one and see what you think...that's how loud it will be, but it will sound better once it's jetted right.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 pm

lambfam660 wrote:
Who makes the best tip?
James put mine on, and I have no idea what it was. It is a polished aluminum one with a screen to go behind it so you will be legal. We didn't put the screen in. I don't go to H&M to ride much, plus it's not loud enough for them to want to check it anyway. Most of the tips like mine look the same. They are all over ebay.
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 am

What jets did you use?
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:27 am

I run the Gibson exhaust and I love the way mine sounds. It is louder than stock for sure but not overly loud by any means.

Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:25 am

lambfam660 wrote:
What jets did you use?
Mine is a 700 FI, so it was tuned with a fuel controller. Do you have a sheave yet?
Back to top Go down
Deuces wild

Deuces wild

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm

No not yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the noise worth it?   Is the noise worth it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the noise worth it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next