HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
cv joints - Page 2 Vote_lcapcv joints - Page 2 Voting_barcv joints - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
cv joints - Page 2 Vote_lcapcv joints - Page 2 Voting_barcv joints - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

cv joints

Go down 
+7
EddieMc
kronik
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
sls666
08Rhino450SE
txgrown1404
Bumpers
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bumpers

Bumpers

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Cool I will chck with them.. seem to be less breakage? Also what about stars and ball bearings I want to go ahead and rebuild both of the rears so I know they are good
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Swampdonkey wrote:
True fact about the girl that answers the phone. She put me on with a guy that said my diff was the problem. I don't have a rear diff brace yet. Still shopping. I've managed to tear the axle seal twice now and the axle end looks trashed now. So I do need something done. I did buy these because I am hard on chit and managed to not tear them up on my brute force.
It's not the lack of a rear diff brace that's causing these axles to come out... It's not doing you any favors, but that's not the cause either. I hear ya on having to replace the axle seals when they pull out, I mean that's almost a given that that part gets wrecked every single time it happens. A lot of times though, it also can take a chunk out of the rear diff from the seal housing (thereby making a new seal not be able to stay in place without something like JB Weld smeared around the break after you put the new seal in place...).

As a side note, when I had to move to Gorilla axles, I stopped using the factory dust covers as well. I mean you can put them on the Gorilla axles, they will fit and still go into the spool, just that I no longer use them at all. They're a great axle, even though I break them, but mine don't pull out because mine are the correct length now.
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:45 pm

Bumpers wrote:
I will sell them later on once i get my issues fixed. But right now im holding on to them just incase i need them.
I talked with the ppl at gorilla and they told me its a common problem with their axles pulling out of the diffs. I was told to take a dremel and deepen the channel where the cir clip rides to hold them in. That come straight from the ppl at gorilla. I will call them and check on the cages. I really like the lighter stock cvs but if i have to i may have to run gorillas in the rear. All i know is i have about 1k in axles and none of them work at the moment lol
I've heard about the "dremel" fix... It's a hack that won't compensate for anything. Fact is, if the inner CV slides into the spool all he way, the circlip (square or otherwise) will do its job on the stock spool. If your axle is pulling out of the diff/spool, you've got the wrong size axle. Gorilla can say whatever they want, but I mean aren't they located in the same town as Sy Robertson and Duck Commander?

Can you imagine? I know I can after talking with them many times... "Hey! America is in too bigga rush. Lay back, sip a little tea, mow a little grass, YO', and if ya git tahred, take ya a litle nap. Work hard. Play hard. Nap hard. That's what I always say, Jack"

Frig... My response to Gorilla is this: "Hey! Nappin' ain't fixin' mah ayyyxle length, YO'. Y'all need tah git back to work an' make 'em right, Jack, so's I can starts bein' HAPPAH HAPPAH HAPPAY."
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:22 pm

well I called gorilla and they said they only have outer stock cv joint rebuild kits
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:59 pm

cv joints - Page 2 945140_10151424940558458_971994015_njust as I suspected
Back to top Go down
RiverRat

RiverRat

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:42 am

Damn that's not good. And you can't get inner rebuilds through gorilla huh?
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:01 am

The lady I talked with at gorilla said all they had were the outer joint rebuild kits......

Question. Empi heavy duty joints, whats the word on them ? I think ive decided I need limit straps as well to help end this problem
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:10 am

whats the stock axle length
Back to top Go down
RiverRat

RiverRat

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:59 pm

26" and 23.5". Those are stock axles on an 08 700.
Back to top Go down
RiverRat

RiverRat

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:05 pm

I finally got home to work on my rhino and the gorilla axle is 3/4" shorter than stock. They say they are built different and don't need to be as long. I call BS.
Back to top Go down
RiverRat

RiverRat

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 am

Measured my gorilla axle today and the shortest it was is 25' 3/4" and the the longest is 26' 5/8". The factory axle is 26". That doesn't add up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cv joints - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cv joints   cv joints - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cv joints
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2