HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
electric fuel pump???? Vote_lcapelectric fuel pump???? Voting_barelectric fuel pump???? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
electric fuel pump???? Vote_lcapelectric fuel pump???? Voting_barelectric fuel pump???? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

electric fuel pump????

Go down 
+3
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
kronik
EddieMc
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EddieMc

EddieMc

electric fuel pump???? Empty
PostSubject: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

On my 08 734 should I buy an electric fuel pump?
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Not sure what you're asking, Eddie, as you already have one... That said, with the 105.5 that you're running, the only thing you need to add is a fuel controller.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 pm

I like my Weller racing fuel pump with the clear fuel lines! I didn't buy an electrical one because a member mentioned that if you role it and it catches on fire you will need to be able to turn it off so you won't pump fuel on the fire.
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:46 pm

CR13; That isn't an issue with Eddie's Rhino (electric), or your own (stock) system... Failsafes...
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Oh that's pretty cool! Disregard that statement then lol
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:48 pm

No worries, bro Smile
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:23 pm

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
I like my Weller racing fuel pump with the clear fuel lines! I didn't buy an electrical one because a member mentioned that if you role it and it catches on fire you will need to be able to turn it off so you won't pump fuel on the fire.

On the 450 and 660 that is true, unless a rollover switch is installed.It will cut the power off to the pump not allowing it to pump fuel out. The 700s are fuel injected and come from the factory with electric fuel pumps and switch. I think Canam was having a problem with the Commanders switch, turning off the fuel when guys were pitching them sideways.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:41 pm

That's what I was remembering! When you said that last time it steered me towards the weller racing, plus some people have like 4000 miles on 'em.
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Every Rhino ever built comes stock with a "roll over" valve... What you have to look at is how that valve functions and more so "why" the fuel would be "cut off"... It's not an "electrical" thing...
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:27 pm

I was one of the people steering people away from electric fuel pumps. Electric fuel pumps are awesome if set up correctly !!!! If not, they are deadly. The majority of people I seen trying to hook them up were just hooking them to a keyed circuit with a regulator. No emergency shut off or roll over valve.

Take my word for it, there is nothing worse than seeing someone who is burnt to a crisp !
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:29 pm

I didn't want to take a chance and the weller racing fuel pump has had no problems so far!electric fuel pump???? 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Take my word for it, there is nothing worse than seeing someone who is burnt to a crisp !
X2 on that. My ex-wife's brother was burnt as a kid. 3/4 of his upperbody. I saw the scares. Terrible!
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 pm

kronik wrote:
Every Rhino ever built comes stock with a "roll over" valve... What you have to look at is how that valve functions and more so "why" the fuel would be "cut off"... It's not an "electrical" thing...

The "rollover valve" on the 450 and 660 are on the tank vent line. They are prone to fail, usually sticking open or closed. an easy way to check it to remove it shake it? You should hear the check ball moving. Im sure how Yamaha is "cutting off" the power on the 700.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Steve, doesn't that just keep fuel from coming out of the tank on a rollover ?
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Firefighter wrote:
With a name like "firefighter", I'll take your word for that, point taken Smile True, the carb'd units only really ever needed the electric to be "blipped" and not "on" full time...

That said, the "roll over" effect on either setup would still be in play Wink
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 pm

onebuilder wrote:
kronik wrote:

The "rollover valve" on the 450 and 660 are on the tank vent line. They are prone to fail, usually sticking open or closed. an easy way to check it to remove it shake it? You should hear the check ball moving. Im sure how Yamaha is "cutting off" the power on the 700.
Not disagreeing with what you said or what you've implied in this message, don't get me wrong. The "cutoff" kind of works the same on all their products....
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm

According to manual, there are 2 safety's on the 700. There is a rollover valve and a lean angle sensor. I'm going to assume the rollover is check ball type. the lean angle is electrical. More than 65 degrees it it opens. I'm guessing shuts the pump off. it this helps some.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Workhorserhino wrote:
According to manual, there are 2 safety's on the 700. There is a rollover valve and a lean angle sensor. I'm going to assume the rollover is check ball type. the lean angle is electrical. More than 65 degrees it it opens. I'm guessing shuts the pump off. it this helps some.

Thanks for looking it up. Now I/we know how the 700 works.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Firefighter wrote:
Steve, doesn't that just keep fuel from coming out of the tank on a rollover ?

Yes, keeps fuel from coming out of the vent that goes into the roll cage.
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm

If a single, like the Rhino, and knowing how it's oil system works, gets "inverted" for any length of time... Wouldn't you "cut it off" at certain "angles"? Wink

Y'all are missing the point on exactly "how" the fuel gets shut off I think...
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 pm

kronik wrote:
If a single, like the Rhino, and knowing how it's oil system works, gets "inverted" for any length of time... Wouldn't you "cut it off" at certain "angles"? Wink

Y'all are missing the point on exactly "how" the fuel gets shut off I think...

Lol! Time for another hit of the crack pipe!

The fuel will come out the tank to the carb when inverted.
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 pm

You're starting to "get it" Very Happy Umm... Minus the "crack pipe" Wink

If air can't get in, fluid can't come out Wink
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 pm

That makes since! Are you buds with Eddie?
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm

kronik wrote:
You're starting to "get it" Very Happy Umm... Minus the "crack pipe" Wink

If air can't get in, fluid can't come out Wink

Yeah, the check valve will prevent air from getting into the tank when upside down, but it will take a long time for enough vacuum to build up to stop the flow out of the tank. The engine will likely quit running before too long, with the float bowl inverted, and then the pump quits pumping. There is still the gravity feed, but the float valve in the bowl is shut off because it is upside down (gravity pulls the float to the 'full' position). Or, at least that is how I envision it. Who is going to do the experiment?
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 pm

:lol!:Can I sue afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: electric fuel pump????   electric fuel pump???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

electric fuel pump????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next