HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 46 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 46 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Vote_lcapEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Voting_barEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Vote_lcapEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Voting_barEZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Go down 
+22
thePayne
sugarbear
Jet
DHILL
REDRHINO64
Workhorserhino
Mrs. Hot Rod
wolverine34
Snorider
banchee6
brewis
Rhinofire13
madmax 1
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
WV Hot Rod Rhino
txgrown1404
scottwv
chuddly
weekendwarriorfsw32
thekevin
T.Rhino
ASPENDELLROVER
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
rhinoroger

rhinoroger

EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Nothing like it Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 pm

I am glad you guys all keep talking it up about how nice it is as I ordered mine today and it should be here and installed by the time the weekend is over with I am pumped!!!
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:03 pm

I cant wait to try it out.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:00 am

I noticed that every time I stomp the go fast pedal mine turns very easy LOL  EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_twisted  lol! Reneck
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am

must be the built motor...lol
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:12 am

maybe  Rolling Eyes , its just a little something to get the news paper faster don't like old news LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 am

Well I got my EZ Steer power steering in from James and Nikki and got it put on and I will say I would like to meet the guy that can throw that shit on in 2hrs cause it didn't happen for me!!!! I will agree with JP the biggest B%tch of it all is getting the motor up higher on the main bracket and tightening the bolts BY YOURSELF and I couldn't ask the wife cause I didn't want her knowing what the hell I was putting in....cheers . But I took my time taking things apart and splicing wires instead of clamping connectors and I too flipped my rectifier upside down like others fits perfect that way and they don't dick around about tolerances either there isn't play in anything! I also got the shaft in and U-joint and thought I had the steering wheel perfect and I didn't and then that became an ordeal with unbolting the 4 bolts that hold the steering column and wheel on and moving it over a couple splines did the trick. All and all I am happy I did it myself and didn't pay someone else a couple hundred to do it now I am just afraid I will have buddies that want to buy one and want my help to install it but I guess I can always supervise!
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:38 am

I would love to have one...but spending the money on it right now just isnt in the cards.  Im sure its awesome but is it REALLY needed/worth the money?
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:20 pm

thePayne wrote:
Well I got my EZ Steer power steering in from James and Nikki and got it put on and I will say I would like to meet the guy that can throw that shit on in 2hrs cause it didn't happen for me!!!! I will agree with JP the biggest B%tch of it all is getting the motor up higher on the main bracket and tightening the bolts BY YOURSELF and I couldn't ask the wife cause I didn't want her knowing what the hell I was putting in....cheers . But I took my time taking things apart and splicing wires instead of clamping connectors and I too flipped my rectifier upside down like others fits perfect that way and they don't dick around about tolerances either there isn't play in anything! I also got the shaft in and U-joint and thought I had the steering wheel perfect and I didn't and then that became an ordeal with unbolting the 4 bolts that hold the steering column and wheel on and moving it over a couple splines did the trick. All and all I am happy I did it myself and didn't pay someone else a couple hundred to do it now I am just afraid I will have buddies that want to buy one and want my help to install it but I guess I can always supervise!
Glad it went well Martin..lol...I actually finally had a neighbor hold the motor so I could get it tight even though the old lady was inside..lol...maybe for someone who has done a couple it might take 2 hours but not me. Did you drive it? It deff takes a while to get used to
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:26 pm

chuddly wrote:
I would love to have one...but spending the money on it right now just isnt in the cards.  Im sure its awesome but is it REALLY needed/worth the money?
Chuddly, I agree with you that it isn't really needed as far as steering the rhino. The backlash under the right conditions made me order it. Is it expensive?   Yep!  Is a broken thumb painful?  I don't want to find out.
Back to top Go down
brewis

brewis

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 pm

It was definately a three handed job.  I did mine on a Friday night at the cabin and used some safety wire to hold it in place.  It all got foggy from there, late night, beer you know the story.....but..... it sure makes the rhino like driving a golf cart.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:40 pm

that fact that you can rock crawl with LT using 1 hand is hard to beat....no bump steer when hitting a rut on a fire road at night going 45...worth every penny to me
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:54 pm

No JP I didn't have a chance to drive it just spun the wheel about 10 times sitting still on pavement with one hand to check clearances and then put it all back together so I can take it out tonight to check it out I figured I would have to get used to it and not be over steering since its so easy to steer it now but I am with my buddy JET bump steering and almost breaking a thumb is the main reason I bought it not because it was hard to steer.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 1:56 pm

I understand your point Aspendell......but im not on LT and were just tight trails around here.  Like i said im sure its AWESOME....but its a whooooooole lot of money just to say it steers easier.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:02 pm

I also mow my property where my cabin is at with a 60" pull behind mower for usually 3-4hrs at a time in low running 3-5mph and after a while my forearms are feeling the burn fighting the slow rolling and tight turning and I bet I will be able to mow one handed in low while sipping on my sonic route44 cup filled with 2/3 Mark and 1/3 coke and a handful of ice slightly sloshed about.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm

oh you will and to you Chuddly...don't nock it till ya try it...lol....as I said, no bump steer which all rhino's have
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:01 pm

oh i know what the bump steer is all about LOL...and im not saying i WONT get power steering...im just complaining about the price of it a bit LOL.
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Chuddly just buy the power steering from James and power up the web cam and break out the speaker phone and JP and me will supervise your install while mixing us some drinks and I promise you will have fun installing it hopefully once!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 pm

x2...its only money...i have a money tree in my backyard, but they are climate sensitive and only grow in CA...lmao...Dancing Banana 
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:39 pm

I am shocked the skinny little small handed CALI guys can't pull off 2hr install times??? I know us big handed, big bearded mountain men sure has hell can't..........JP whats your excuse??................just fuk with ya man thanks for your pics and heads up on install was helpful.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:50 pm

all easy steer installs should be supervised by me...............................and jack. hey, I did change a tire once !!!!!
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm

thePayne wrote:
I am shocked the skinny little small handed CALI guys can't pull off 2hr install times??? I know us big handed, big bearded mountain men sure has hell can't..........JP whats your excuse??................just fuk with ya man thanks for your pics and heads up on install was helpful.
so 200 lbs is skinny in AR, should move there and I wouldnt be the fat guy anymore...lol...my excuse is Pendelton, Bud Light and my 3 yr old son...wait my wifee and my other boss calling me...lol...glad I could help bro!...I mean Martin..lmao
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:12 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
x2...its only money...i have a money tree in my backyard, but they are climate sensitive and only grow in CA...lmao...Dancing Banana 
Yep,and they have big azz buds on them!!....LOL
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:06 am

come on Mike...lmfao
Back to top Go down
NickH

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:16 am

Jet wrote:
chuddly wrote:
Chuddly, I agree with you that it isn't really needed as far as steering the rhino. The backlash under the right conditions made me order it. Is it expensive?   Yep!  Is a broken thumb painful?  I don't want to find out.
I bet I could make this fly with my better half, yesterday she made an appt. with the orthopedic doctor cuz she went riding with my daughter when I was at work two weeks ago and ended up running a tire into a log and the steering wheel did the 300 mph spin to the right and now she has a broken thumb.  That's what she gets for taking my Rhino.  I still have the Kodiak, she could have driven that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EZ Steer Power Steering install   EZ Steer Power Steering install - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next