HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Vote_lcapradiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Voting_barradiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Vote_lcapradiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Voting_barradiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Radiator and oil cooler relocate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Empty
PostSubject: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:11 pm

My rad fan finally packed it in on my 06-660 so I have an aftermarket one on order. While I'm in there ,I'm going to relocate the rad and oil cooler . I'm not putting it in between the drivers and passengers seat because I have a 4 seater so instead I'll put it on the frame rails (under hood)at an angle. I've heard some guys who have relocated it there say they leave some slack in the lines to fill up the rad then they mount it up sideways at an angle. Still trying to figure out how they don't kink the hose with all the excess slack. What size hose is used on the rad? 1" I think?
The steel oil cooler lines look easy to replace with 3/8 rubber transmission hose.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Last edited by honda450sfm on Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:17 pm

are you talking about under hood confused
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Why would you want to mount the radiator at an angle?
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm

We drive in a lot of mud and every single ride, it gets plugged. Getting tired of cleaning it out every 50 km ride.
Back to top Go down
kronik

kronik

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:02 pm

The camo hood scoop would be an interesting find.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:51 pm

kronik wrote:
The camo hood scoop would be an interesting find.

Maier has a couple of nice hood scoops for the rhino hood. Not sure on the camo though.
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:55 pm

UPDATE*
Thought I'd share my project with you all.

I removed the pooched fan, rad and oil cooler, cleaned them out real good and proceeded to figure out how I'm going to mount them under the hood on top of the rails.
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0429_zps46089a01[/img]
The new fan (not oem) had different mounts but with a little modification, I had it mounted on the rad no problem.
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0428_zpsd7b99c5a[/img]
After some measurements, I fabbed some brackets and test mounted it along with some new 7/8 ID rad hose and new oil hose (3/8 ID transmission hose).
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0433_zps722bbe7a[/img]
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0430_zpsae77e01a[/img]
I burped the system, filled up the rad and buttoned it down horizontally. Started the machine and let it warm up to test for leaks and fan cycle. Well there were no leaks and the fan cycled fine but upon further inspection, my water pump was leaking! Damn!
I made a phone call to (who else) JBS. Nikki took my order for a new 660 water pump which was in stock. I requested FedEx shipping so had to pay quite a bit extra but no big deal, I wanted it quick! That was on Friday morning. Well it showed up today! There isn't a parts place on this continent that would go out of their way to make sure you get something that quick! Thank you once again JBS for your exceptional customer service!
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0435_zpsc1a2d642[/img]
I installed the new pump, added coolant, burped and filled, tested and tuned and all is well!! My project is complete! You don't want to know how much clearance there is from the inside of my hood to the rad! There's just enough for air flow but the fan may be running a bit more than normal . I can accept that, rather than mud jammed in my rad every weekend! Hey kronik, I might need that camo hood scoop after all. Laughing
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0436_zps19047e85[/img]
[img]radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate IMG_0437_zps0b3efcbe[/img]
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 pm

way to think outside the box, Evan!
fab up a scoop out of aluminum sheet. everybody will ask you if you have a blower bounce
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 pm

TCP makes a fan shroud that will bolt to the radiator and your fan will bolt up to it with all 4 bolts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator and oil cooler relocate   radiator - Radiator and oil cooler relocate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiator and oil cooler relocate
Page 1 of 1