HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Vote_lcapradiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Voting_barradiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Vote_lcapradiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Voting_barradiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Radiator fan cycling on/off

Go down 
+2
WV Hot Rod Rhino
TBOMB
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TBOMB

radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Empty
PostSubject: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 am

The radiator fan kicked on as usual at around 165 degrees, but ran for about 20 seconds and then off for about 20 seconds. This continued and the temp. continued to rise. The fan worked constantly when connected directly to the battery.  I located the circuit breaker in the harness and unplugged it and temporarily installed an inline fuse to check operation. Everything worked as it should so I made the inline fuse work by cutting plugs off of circuit breaker and soldering them onto the fuse. I used a 10 amp fuse. Also, I checked the current draw while the fan was running and at startup it was close to 6 amps and stayed at about 5.5 while running.
radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off <a href=radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off <a href=radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off <a href=radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Draftingtable010_zpsf2538e04" />radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off <a href=radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Draftingtable014_zpsa99cf751" />radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Draftingtable008_zpsfc47659d" />radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Draftingtable013_zpsf592ea85" />
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:49 am

glad you got it fixed!
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:53 am

Good find TBOMB ! I had the same problem and replaced that thermal breaker with a circuit breaker. Haven't had a problem sense !

I think part of the problem is that they stuff that thermal breaker down in the wiring harness in the battery box. Gets way too hot.
Back to top Go down
Guenther

Guenther

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 am

Good Job, Clean work.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:56 am

Firefighter wrote:
Good find TBOMB ! I had the same problem and replaced that thermal breaker with a circuit breaker. Haven't had a problem sense !

I think part of the problem is that they stuff that thermal breaker down in the wiring harness in the battery box. Gets way too hot.

I think you have hit the nail on the head, regarding bundling the thermal breaker in a blanket! That thermal breaker has been a fairly common problem over the years.
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:51 pm

guess I need to do this as well.. min runs and goes off runs and goes off... I also need a new fan cause mine sounds gritty like its got sand in it
Back to top Go down
TBOMB

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm not sure where the circuit breaker is located on your 06, but on my 05 it was in the wiring harness very close to the steering column. I know other guys have mentioned theirs was in the battery box. Hope that helps!!
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Bumpers wrote:
guess I need to do this as well.. min runs and goes off runs and goes off... I also need a new fan cause mine sounds gritty like its got sand in it
I seem to recall a thread or three mentioning disassembly of the fan motor to get to the bearings and brushes. It might be worth the effort to clean it up inside and oil the bearings?
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 pm

Might be worth a shot.. but my luck I should have a new one ready to go cause I tend to break anything with small parts when I take it apart haha
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Bumpers wrote:
Might be worth a shot.. but my luck I should have a new one ready to go cause I tend to break anything with small parts when I take it apart haha
Me too, then I see how it was supposed to be taken apart. Crazy glue fixes all sorts of busted stuff! HaHa.

A link that might be of some interest, also do a search yourself with whatever words you think might lead you to the Pot'oGold.... cyclops
https://hotrodrhinoforums.forumotion.com/t533-radiator-fan?highlight=radiator+fan+motor#6037
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator fan cycling on/off   radiator - Radiator fan cycling on/off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiator fan cycling on/off
Page 1 of 1