HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
radiator - Radiator Fan Vote_lcapradiator - Radiator Fan Voting_barradiator - Radiator Fan Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
radiator - Radiator Fan Vote_lcapradiator - Radiator Fan Voting_barradiator - Radiator Fan Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Radiator Fan

Go down 
+10
banchee6
rhinosport84
Snorhino
T.Rhino
Jet
txgrown1404
WV Hot Rod Rhino
scottwv
ASPENDELLROVER
ChrisH
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisH

ChrisH

radiator - Radiator Fan Empty
PostSubject: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:23 pm

First of all, I need to eat a little crow. On another thread about doing the radiator fan over-ride switch I said it didn't seem to make much difference on my Rhino if I had the fan forced on or it just ran auto like stock. It turns out my stock radiator fan was only turning about 50rpm. 

In other words, the dang fan was bad! Today, the fan just finally up and died all together. No wonder the ol 734cc motor wanted to heat up on me when I was tearing it up at WOT!

So I need a new fan for my Rhino 700. 

Any suggestions? 

I'm looking at the TCP radiator fan, I think it's a spal fan on an aluminum shroud. Is this my best option?

The stock Rhino 700 has a shroud from the factory, and the fan is integrated into the plastic shroud. If I go down to the local parts house and just get a universal fan, I'll lose the shroud. 

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:36 am

And here is reason enough to get a good gauge. 

radiator - Radiator Fan Null_zps5e8a20f4

I saw the water temp was much higher than normal, although the stock overheat light has not yet tripped. I believe the stock overheat light comes on around 240F. I have noticed that when my MSD is connected the temp read by the ECU is always 20F or so lower than my gauge. I guess the ECU reads temp there on the head and the inline splice on the driver side radiator hose is much hotter than the cylinder head. 

I'm just throwing this data out there.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:50 am

wow
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:55 am

The mud "ate" mine factory fan too.  I went with a factory replacement ,  I picked up from James.  It's been on there for over 2 yrs now without any problems.

And yeah ,  a temp gauge should be the FIRST mod anyone should do !!!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:12 am

im gonna get the tcp rad and fan
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 am

I just put the tcp radiator with fan shroud and let me tell you I live in texas where we see 100 degree weather most days in the summer and I was running hot like chris,  I install the tcp rad and it brought my running temps down to around 180 on hot days and now I have been running around 170-165.  second best upgrade I have done ( JBS sheave)  GET IT  cheers
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:34 am

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
im gonna get the tcp rad and fan
get me a price James  no reason to stop now. oh yeah  I'm  going broke. lol.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 12:48 pm

Dave, your gonna have to switch to Early Times at the rate your spending...lol
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:14 pm

ChrisH wrote:
And here is reason enough to get a good gauge. 

radiator - Radiator Fan Null_zps5e8a20f4

I saw the water temp was much higher than normal, although the stock overheat light has not yet tripped. I believe the stock overheat light comes on around 240F. I have noticed that when my MSD is connected the temp read by the ECU is always 20F or so lower than my gauge. I guess the ECU reads temp there on the head and the inline splice on the driver side radiator hose is much hotter than the cylinder head. 

I'm just throwing this data out there.
good point during the HRR ride mine was running hot due to the dust and I noticed my light wasn't kicking on at 240 I was shutting it down at 230 every time and cleaning it but I did let it get to 240 once we got home and no light scared the shit out of me. I took the radiator out like you talked before and cleaned it real good and straightened all the fins out. James noticed several of them folded over huge difference in cooling after but still thanking about relocating to keep from getting loaded up with dust.
Back to top Go down
Snorhino

Snorhino

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:42 pm

Did the TCP upgrade a year and a half ago, it is the way to go in my opinion
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:17 pm

I looked a little online ...over 5 bills , for the rad...not counting the fan !!!  Is that what they run...or...did I not dig deep enough ?!?
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:47 pm

ebay has some nice looking 3 pass alum. radiators for around 150-180
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:54 pm

rhinosport84 wrote:
ebay has some nice looking 3 pass alum. radiators for around 150-180
All the 3core ones I seen for that $$ , where for a 660...the ones for a 700 in that prce range , were only 2 core ??
Back to top Go down
rhinosport84

rhinosport84

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:03 pm

oh sorry didn't didn't know u have a 700 that seems like a big price jump form a 660 to a 700 is there a big difference in rads.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:44 am

I dunno if there's a difference in size , or not.  The 700 doesn't have a place for thr sensor...wonder how close they are ??  Anyone ???
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 am

I just seen a waterproof fan in Jegs

part # 259-16110        10" for  $101
part# 259-16112         12" for $137

could be an option
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 am

the TCP rad is 479.95 on TCP's website  that's where I got mine.  free shipping and ordered it on a Monday and had it buy Friday..
Back to top Go down
tjt603

tjt603

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 pm

txgrown1404 wrote:
the TCP rad is 479.95 on TCP's website  that's where I got mine.  free shipping and ordered it on a Monday and had it buy Friday..

How well did it work ? How much did it lower your temps?
Back to top Go down
DHILL

DHILL

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 pm

If you are looking to go the less expensive route you might consider doing what I did. I cut the center out of my stock fan shroud and installed a fan from Oreillys. The fan was $50. Have been on two rides since the install and no problems so far.

https://2img.net/h/i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/dhillr6/IMAG0162_zps7398e882.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a527/dhillr6/IMAG0167_zpsf9c55c2a.jpg
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 pm

txgrown1404 wrote:
I just put the tcp radiator with fan shroud and let me tell you I live in texas where we see 100 degree weather most days in the summer and I was running hot like chris,  I install the tcp rad and it brought my running temps down to around 180 on hot days and now I have been running around 170-165.  second best upgrade I have done ( JBS sheave)  GET IT  cheers
its not the fan that is the problem with the cooling system.  its the radiator, single pass radiator that has the inlet and outlet hoses parallel.  TCP's radiator is a triple pass radiator, with inlet & outlet ports offset.  and it holds holds about a half gallon more fluid.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:57 pm

More coolant and more square inches of cooling surface that's a good investment. But OEM or TCP you have wash them out thorouly
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Ive never really had a problem with running hot, even the hell of a south Texas summer! LoL 

I went ahead and ordered the TCP shroud and SPAL fan. And in other news, I found that my fan was froze up. The fan was trying to switch on but was stalled out. It would quickly trip the circuit breaker. You could also tell it was pulling major amps because the battery voltage would drop when the fan would try to start. I was able to free the fan motor with a little "persuasion," haha!

And it actually works! But I don't trust it out in the field.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:44 pm

txgrown1404 wrote:
txgrown1404 wrote:
its not the fan that is the problem with the cooling system.  its the radiator, single pass radiator that has the inlet and outlet hoses parallel.  TCP's radiator is a triple pass radiator, with inlet & outlet ports offset.  and it holds holds about a half gallon more fluid.
big money dogg...sling'in the poo...lol...when u gettin PS?...Dancing Banana 
Back to top Go down
Pokahpolice

Pokahpolice

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I went with the $30 solution when my fan stopped working.

https://hotrodrhinoforums.forumotion.com/t533-radiator-fan
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
txgrown1404 wrote:
txgrown1404 wrote:
big money dogg...sling'in the poo...lol...when u gettin PS?...Dancing Banana 
whenever I found out if it will work with my steering rack.  my brother sent me a package Label Just Said...... Breakfast......  let me tell u it is delicious.  Tang Tang X Coffee Kush.  best breakfast ive had..  cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiator Fan   radiator - Radiator Fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiator Fan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next