HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Vote_lcapWheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Voting_barWheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Vote_lcapWheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Voting_barWheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings

Go down 
+4
123.bert0621
Jet
Dizzledog1
Kenny G
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenny G

Kenny G

Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:05 pm

Any firm information that wheel spacers cause additional problems with wheel bearings. Been running 2" spacers on all four corners for several years and have had no problem. Just something I heard, I'm sure the extra weight put a little strain on them, but has anyone had problems?
Back to top Go down
Dizzledog1

Dizzledog1

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:28 pm

I had 14 in itp bead lock with a +6 offset on rear . Fronts were +2 I think. I couldn't keep bearings in it. I loved the way it rode and handled but 4 or 5 rides and they were shot. Went to 1 1/2 spacer on rear and stock sport wheels with 26 inch bighorn and they have lasted a lot longer. The terrain where we ride it extremely rough so I still don't think I get a great bearing life. Pivot works offers a lifetime replacement on wheel bearings now so I haven't paid much attention since I don't have to buy them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:04 pm

I have run 1 1/2 inch on the rhino and both RZR's I had. never a wheel bearing problem.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 8:12 pm

2" rear and nothing in the front, bearings have been good for a long time, I have 25" tires.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Dizzledog, 4-5 rides and it would knock the wheel bearings out, that seems extreme. I tried out running two 2" (4") on each back corner for a few months, throw frigin mud everywhere and the ride is much better with just the 2", but it looked badass with the 14X27X11's on the back and 14X27X9's on the front.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Dizzledog1 wrote:
I had 14 in itp bead lock with a +6 offset on rear . Fronts were +2 I think. I couldn't keep bearings in it. I loved the way it rode and handled but 4 or 5 rides and they were shot. Went to 1 1/2 spacer on rear and stock sport wheels with 26 inch bighorn and they have lasted a lot longer. The terrain where we ride it extremely rough so I still don't think I get a great bearing life. Pivot works offers a lifetime replacement on wheel bearings now so I haven't paid much attention since I don't have to buy them anymore.
Do tell us how this works...how long are you down , waiting on parts ??
Back to top Go down
kylonggun

kylonggun

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:48 am

Here ya go, probably couple weeks downtime.

http://www.pivotworks.com/LifetimeReplacement.aspx
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 11:19 am

kylonggun wrote:
Here ya go, probably couple weeks downtime.

http://www.pivotworks.com/LifetimeReplacement.aspx

Read down at the bottom...only replace them one time
Back to top Go down
kylonggun

kylonggun

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah, I saw that too.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:29 pm

I guess that I have a different definition of "lifetime" than they do. I'll just keep patronizing JBS , and go with the oe ones !!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 pm

It doesn't sound like wheel bearings have been a real problem other than for DizzleDog. I wonder if the HOT ROD has problems keeping wheel bearing in his carriage, he runs it pretty damn hard, Jet might want to check his bearing when he takes the 'Jet' out after being down in the WV Hills for so long.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Bearing are good. James just burned the rear tires off. Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:33 am

Fronts were wore on my 450 just a little when I traded it in.  Have no idea about the mileage, but I would say it had less than 2000 on it.  I ran itp wheels with that stuck way out past the fenders (don't know the offset) and had 26x10 tires up front.  I do believe wider puts more strain on the bearings.  It's more leverage on them.  SO far they are all tight in my 700 with about 1600 miles on them.  25s and stock sport wheels with the factory spacers in the rear only.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

i bought my lil fo-fitty 2 years ago with 250 miles on it.
i just replaced the right hand side at 700 miles and will prolly do the back next season. the rears were in worse shape than the fronts.
i ride in mud a lot and i think doing LH donuts might have something to do with the right side wearing that much bounce
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:56 am

mud changes everything.  I got a radiator that is caked full.  They get that way when completely submerged. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings   Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheel Spacers and Wheel Bearings
Page 1 of 1