HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Long Range shooters? Vote_lcapLong Range shooters? Voting_barLong Range shooters? Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Long Range shooters? Vote_lcapLong Range shooters? Voting_barLong Range shooters? Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Long Range shooters?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cleanmoostang

Long Range shooters? Empty
PostSubject: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:53 am

Anyone else here enjoy reaching out 800+? If so, and near Eastern Kentucky, lemme know. If not, lets see what you got anyways...
Rem SPS Tactical .308
175gr SMK BTHP, 44gr Reloader15 2.836coal

880yds
Long Range shooters? 880yds
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 am

I dont have the room to get to 800. I would love to try it though. Just so you know what i do so i dont have to lay in the weeds i have a flat trailer that is 5x10 and i pull it out in the field and lay on it. Nice and up above the grass and always clean and dry. Plus you can make a "tarp tent" over it and shoot even when its raining.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am

800 + is a LONG ways !!! The most I ever done was 560 yrds with a 22-250 with a 45gr ballistic tip (no wind of course)
Back to top Go down
Cleanmoostang

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:55 pm

chuddly wrote:
I dont have the room to get to 800. I would love to try it though. Just so you know what i do so i dont have to lay in the weeds i have a flat trailer that is 5x10 and i pull it out in the field and lay on it. Nice and up above the grass and always clean and dry. Plus you can make a "tarp tent" over it and shoot even when its raining.

Yeah normally the place we shoot doesnt have weeds that tall, so we just use a shoot mat or something to lie on, but that location they was extremely tall, so I had to kick over and stomp on about 4 foot of them to see over the tops to shoot, Ive even come to the point on some days where I couldnt find a nice level clear spot, I would lay on top of my SUV just to get comfortable lol.

We have a 10x10 cookout tent we use in the rain, gives room for atleast 3 of us with gear to get under and room to also spot.
Back to top Go down
Cleanmoostang

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Firefighter wrote:
800 + is a LONG ways !!! The most I ever done was 560 yrds with a 22-250 with a 45gr ballistic tip (no wind of course)

22-250 is a awesome round, and if you have never see one check it out, but I really love a .204 for a small-bullet varmint gun. While shooting at a local range a guy shot as tight of a group with one as I did my .308 at 500yd, and they are smaller than a .22...

Back to top Go down
hymarker

hymarker

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Long range is fun. I mainly practice for hunting. Took an elk last year at 650 with a 300 win mag. The year before took an elk at 590. Would rather not shoot that far at an animal, but it's nice to be comfortable doing it and feel confident you won't just wound an animal. I also shoot a 22-250 for coyotes. That is a tack driver. I have seen my dad shoot raccoons out of a tree with it at 500 plus.

Last edited by hymarker on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : im dumb and cant spell)
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:02 pm

204 is cheaper to reload also
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Range shooters?   Long Range shooters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Range shooters?
Page 1 of 1