HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Water in Belt Housing Vote_lcapWater in Belt Housing Voting_barWater in Belt Housing Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Water in Belt Housing Vote_lcapWater in Belt Housing Voting_barWater in Belt Housing Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Water in Belt Housing

Go down 
+3
banchee6
ChrisH
Randy3451
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy3451

Randy3451

Water in Belt Housing Empty
PostSubject: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:43 am

Now that I have gotten in my belt housing a few times, I can't keep the water out. I snorkeled the inlet and outlet and thought it would fix the problem, but it still leaks. Should I silicone the cover?
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:31 am

The seal between the outer cover and the inner case was leaking on mine. I was getting so frustrated that I just, one day, put a water hose in the CVT intake pipe and filled her up over dry cement. Sure enough, the seal was leaking. You can buy that gasket for only a few bucks. 

You might try filling the housing up with clean water. It was the only way I could figure it out. I'd be hesitant to silicone the cover, only because it might be close to impossible to remove it again.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:14 am

If you have a shop vac, put it on blow instead of suck, push it in your snorkel tube and let it blow. Soapy water everything. You will find the leaks. Just don't completely damn the system off. My shop vac blows hard, and you will mess up the seals. If you have a buddy that can hold there hand slightly over the other side while its blowing to get a little resistance, that's perfect. 

You other option is a fog or smoke machine. Fill it with smoke and tape it off closed. The smoke will find its way out.
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:39 pm

lol! She's gone from suck to blow..
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:52 pm

That's like using your left when your a righty!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks guys, gonna try the water first, be easier by my self. Then air. 
Hey Eric, I told James this morning, I don't know if it is my new Alba bored TB or going from 30" tires to 28's, but I have a lot more power!!! If I can stop my belt from getting wet, I'd be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

banchee6 wrote:

uhhh I think that's called the stranger....Laughing  lol
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 6:17 pm

I have more power with my 28's for sure. But those are still heavy radial tires too. I satisfied with the performance of my rhino. I know with 25's back on the ground and no snorkels, it would really haul some mail but that's not what I do with it. It's a kid hauling, yard cleaning, hippo swimming, mud slinging, polaris pulling, RHINO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FLOGROWN

FLOGROWN

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:49 pm

09-rhino700 wrote:
banchee6 wrote:

uhhh I think that's called the stranger....Laughing  lol
That's when you sit on your hand until it falls asleep and then it's like a strangers because its numb and you can't feel it. Compliments of gone in 60 seconds.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:15 pm

classic  lol
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:18 am

Well, it's leaking on the bottom, pretty steady drip. Picked up when I put a little air to it. Took cover off, cleaned REALLY good, dried and carefully put back on...leaked again. I think I need to try a new gasket. I had to pull my sheave out during a ride about 2 months, in a hurry, and probably didn't get clean like it should. May have hurt the gasket.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:20 am

i have them
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:25 pm

SILICONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just slightly fill the grove up and put together.
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Picked up a gasket at a local shop, sorry James, it was bugging me and I had to find out today, put it on and no bubbles or leaks! After I put it thru the "pond" test and it leaks water, I'm using Eric's suggestion!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water in Belt Housing   Water in Belt Housing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water in Belt Housing
Page 1 of 1