HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Vote_lcapfuel - Fuel gauge fix Voting_barfuel - Fuel gauge fix Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
fuel - Fuel gauge fix Vote_lcapfuel - Fuel gauge fix Voting_barfuel - Fuel gauge fix Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fuel gauge fix

Go down 
+3
Kenny G
Hump
T.Rhino
7 posters
AuthorMessage
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

fuel - Fuel gauge fix Empty
PostSubject: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 am

I have read somewhere before but can't Rember where it was, about fixing the fuel gauge on the 700. Maybe not all of them do it but mine does it reads empty with about a quater tank left in it I thought from what I had read you could pull the float out of the tank and bind the tabs that read the level but not for sure how to do it any help would be great thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 am

Mine does the same thing, maybe worse. I run 15 miles after the guage flashes and 5 gallon fills it back up. I would say that you bend the wire that holds the float on the end of it so the float sits a little lower.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:15 pm

I thank you are right just wondering if there is a trick to getting it right the first time so your not doing it a 100 times trying to get it right.
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 pm

If you fix it, you're just lookin to run out of fuel somewhere lol!
Back to top Go down
Garnog

Garnog

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:14 pm

My 2011 shows low when 3 gal. will fill it....confused
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Kenny G wrote:
If you fix it, you're just lookin to run out of fuel somewhere lol!

Kenny has a good point !!! Its like having a reserve
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:43 pm

That's a big reserve to have though that's 3 gallon.
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Mine scared me the first all day trip we made. Showed half a tank first 3 hours. Got home from riding and it showed 1/4 but didn't take much to fill it back up. I don't mind a bit, better than the other way around!!!!
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm

i always re set my tripometer when I fill up. So far I have been 120 miles on a tank and still had reserve.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:39 pm

That's a pretty good idea I done that with my stock motor but I thank this motor might use a little more gas that's the biggest fear I have not knowing how much it's using and how fast. But still will probably adjust the float just for it to be a little more accurate so not so much guessing.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes and I'm the type of guy that wants stuff to work right ! Miles on a tank is not very accurate either. It is very different if You are riding trails or road tripping.
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:54 pm

I've noticed my factory fuel gauge is big time conservative. It's like each of the four bars on the gauge represents about a gallon of fuel. If the tank is 7.9 gallons, and there are four blocks on the gauge, then when the gauge starts flashing you have about 2 - 3 gallons of fuel remaining.

I've run mine dry once at the ranch. I drove for a long, long time after the gauge started flashing.

These single cylinder Rhinos can vary wildly on typical "Gas Mileage." Trail riding can get upwards of 100+ miles to the tank. On the other hand, if you put a big load on the motors like running in deep water and using 4WD with lots of throttle, these single cylinders will use more fuel than you think they will providing less than 50 miles out of the tank. Friefighter is right, 15-16MPG is well within reason. I have also noticed that 6MPG is very possible.

To relate this back to the seemingly large "reserve" built into the factory gauge, there's a lot left even when it flashes. My Rhino has like another 1/3 tank remaining after all the bars are depleted.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 pm

A nother good reason to have it reading correctly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel gauge fix   fuel - Fuel gauge fix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel gauge fix
Page 1 of 1