HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
My review on my Cam and MSD install Vote_lcapMy review on my Cam and MSD install Voting_barMy review on my Cam and MSD install Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
My review on my Cam and MSD install Vote_lcapMy review on my Cam and MSD install Voting_barMy review on my Cam and MSD install Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My review on my Cam and MSD install

Go down 
+2
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
banchee6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
banchee6

banchee6

My review on my Cam and MSD install Empty
PostSubject: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Well i went out trail riding and was hoping to find some good mud to try my new tires in but it was kinda dry in the decent spots..... I dont like playing in the really soupy stuff without alot of help on hand to wench out....

First let me start of with my first set up..... I have a 2009 700 sport with a stock motor, exhaust and cdi... Install My JBS Sheave with 18g weights and gold spring for my 28" moto MTC radial tires... Wow, i really liked the set up, Low crusing speed, top'd out at 48.... Completely impressed and satasfied with James know how......

Well, the greed got a hold of me and i just had to do it...... Since i was going to 29.5 terminator tires this year i wanted the power... So, after talking to james i ordered the stage 2 rhino cam and MSD progamed by James.... Switched to 16g weights, greased them and did the other mods to the clutch..... First impression was HOLY SHIT............. this thing pulls hard,,, slings them 29.5's like they wasnt back there.... i run 46 mph top end now but these tires are way heavy.... Drive high speeds like crap,,,, ride rough on asphalt... But they just my mud tire....

Well, after the 11 mile trail we took i can honestly say the Cam is to much for how i drive..... The clutch work is great, letting the motor rev up to assist in turning the huge tires with ease... Problem is as the motor is reving i hit the cam and it really comes on hard,,,, I found now with the new clutch work that i can travel high more in the trails,,, low was just a little to geared down it seemed,,,, once i was in a few holes and i had to use low, the power was there.... I think with the right clitch work and a cdi, you can get exactly what you want , In my opinion the cam is kinda over kill for mud or low speed trail riding

Hope that makes sence to some that were thinking of doing all this work.... Now im not saying im taking my cam out, im just saying that if you want the over kill, the cam with give you that seat of the pants feeling that you want.... if you only use low speeds, not your thing... But i do know that James knows these clutches to darn well..... I nosed in a hole and got about half the hood under water before i decided it was a hair to deep, i put in reverse thinking the worse cause of the crappy reverse we have, Popped the throttle and i back right out.... My buddies mouth dropped,,,, wonder how.....

No matter what, James is the man when it comes to rhinos... Im 110% impressed on how my rhino runs and drives, And i cant thank James and Nikki enough....
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Wait a second, Too much power! I see what your saying, the extra power is there but for what you do you don't need it.
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Man, I thought You was going to help talk me into a cam ! HAHA. I will still do one because I can not leave well enough alone. But I do see Your point.

Great write up !
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:02 pm

no lack in power, i just need the torque that your clutch can give you.....
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:16 pm

There is a very good point that I think should be made here. I have said all along, You can do a CDI and a JBS Sheave kit and have a ton of fun in a stock Rhino ALL DAY LONG.
Sure I have done more to mine than that, but it is really awesome when someone rides with me and they say - WOW, I thought this is a Rhino ! I can honestly tell them it is a stock 660 motor.
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 am

i have the same set up sheave msd cam, i noticed a slight lack of grunt on low end after cam install,i modded mine in stages, but after slugged the wet clutch, i got it back.. slug that wet clutch youll be happy happy happy.
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 am

Thanks for the great evaluation!

I did all my mods in stages. Like MOON, I felt the bottom wasn't quite as strong off idle with the cam. The Muzzys added whatever I felt I was missing and then some. Big gain from the cam and from the Muzzys. Dual exhaust adds noise, however.

I can say that the new top end: the 734 Cylnder and 11:1 piston is an animal if you are hunting big off-idle power. I realize that is an entirely different ball of wax when it comes to mods but I mention it simply for the sake of another who might be looking for impressive low speed power.

The cam is easy and relatively inexpensive. I do not regret it. Adding the 734 and higher compression seemed to make the power and much broader with less of that "holy crap" midrange hit the cam alone gives. It's kinda like the stock motor with a JBS sheave but with lots more power everywhere.

Sorry to derail! I love threads like this. I think they help people understand what each mod does and determine what fits their riding style and budget.

Got any vids of those 29.5s slinging mud?
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 am

Wasn't really anything good out there to play in. The really bad holes that we normally hit were there but we only had 4 bikes total, and I have the biggest winch out of those four so I wasn't trying to sink mine for shits n giggles without someone there to pop me out. The few holes I hit had hard bottoms and were dry.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 am

Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 am

when I bought my 07-660 had the stage 1 mud buster an dyna ignition with 26 mudlites seem to pull good put did not run long at all before dropping valve an taking out moter so now I am finishing up doing every thing all at once , to much to list again hope to be tuning this week if nothing else pops up. so maybe this wk I will be saying (HOLY CRAP) ALSO sunny THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF TUNNEL
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:49 am

Oh for sure. I'm not telling anyone to not buy a cam. It's everyone right to get what they want. I know times are hard and money is tight. Just explaining that there are ways to get more out of our little rhinos that makes those haters mouths drop.

People were asking me if I had enough power to spin those big tires n laughing. So I passed by them sideways tossing sand all over the place on the throttle. Then spun around and said, "Guess it has a little power to spin 29.5's huh!!!!" They wanted to know all about it after that.
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 pm

Here's a little test run for ya Chris.

https://youtu.be/3MYSK1GKi3g
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

banchee6 wrote:

OH YEA !!!! That BA Eric !!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Holla!
You're making me want to find a set of 31" Laws!
We gonna show em that the Rhino has a place in the south!

banchee6 wrote:

Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm

lmao,,, with all that work you have Chris, you should smoke those 31's if you get them..... I tell you what tho, those terminators pull pretty damn hard but are hell to drive slow and fast. They will find a rut and pull the steering wheel out ya hand in a heart beat.....
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I've run on a borrowed set of 28x10x14 Terms. They pull great but are heavy as hell! The 28s measured real big, like almost 29" on my Rhino.

They were real smooth but got freaky at speeds above 45mph. Like feels like they are going to just flip you over freaky.
LoL!!!
Back to top Go down
banchee6

banchee6

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:01 pm

yeap, thats how mine are right now,,,, my butt was sucking the seat well on that pass lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My review on my Cam and MSD install   My review on my Cam and MSD install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My review on my Cam and MSD install
Page 1 of 1