HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
My wet clutch is screwed Vote_lcapMy wet clutch is screwed Voting_barMy wet clutch is screwed Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
My wet clutch is screwed Vote_lcapMy wet clutch is screwed Voting_barMy wet clutch is screwed Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

My wet clutch is screwed

Go down 
+10
RHINOMOON
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Kenny G
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
UnderDawg
Stuntmanmike
SteveS
08Rhino450SE
flimmy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
flimmy

flimmy

My wet clutch is screwed Empty
PostSubject: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:32 pm

I had a problem with my rhino not wanting to go into or come out of gear. It was like it was bound up. After a little reasrch I thought it might be the oneway bearing. So I pulled everything apart tonight and NOPE the oneway bearing is fine. Its everthing else that's bad

When I pulled the cover off and saw what I thought was roller bearings turned out to be the pins from the clutch. Oh well I just have to work some OT now lol When they fell out it took out the drum too

here are the pic's.
My wet clutch is screwed 20130411
My wet clutch is screwed 20130412
My wet clutch is screwed 20130413
My wet clutch is screwed 20130414
My wet clutch is screwed 20130415
My wet clutch is screwed 20130416
My wet clutch is screwed 20130417
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:35 pm

ouch. how many miles on it, scott?
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm

James , I'll be giving you a call when I get the cash.

Anyone need a new 40" double row CREE led bar My wet clutch is screwed 2016508534
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 pm

I have no ide , I bought it used from a dealer last yr and he said he had put a new wet clutch in it. It doesn't have the dig display.

The clutch material at one end looked like it had a good amount of material on it but when the pins came out and the springs came off the shoes they didn't pull back in and just rode on the drum.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 pm

flimmy wrote:
I have no ide , I bought it used from a dealer last yr and he said he had put a new wet clutch in it. ................

I'm wondering if something was not put together quite properly. It would seem possible that maybe something was left out (or some such thing) during a replacement of the shoes only. There might be a reason Yamaha only offers the whole assembly as a replacement. When you get a new one it might be helpful for all of us if you carefully compare the old vs the new.
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm

I have never seen a wet clutch do that before, That really sucks!
Back to top Go down
UnderDawg

UnderDawg

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Wow! sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 pm

I'll get some side by side shots when i get the new clutch. I'll be adding weights to the new one too
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:19 pm

UnderDawg wrote:
Wow! sorry to hear that.

Thanks , shit happens out could be worse
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 am

Looks like james is going to have an extra bright rhino!
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:21 am

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
Looks like james is going to have an extra bright rhino!

He already has a bar he just needs to get his rhino fixed so he can get to use it and I'm already set up with a replacement clutch Dancing Banana

Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 am

sorry to hear about the clutch just got mine from James a couple wk back ,just thought mine was shot if you can see what caused it to come apart please post think we all would like to know
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:11 am

How long were you having problems with the gear engagement and dis-engagement Scott? Looks like it really toasted things. Did the dealer replace the whole clutch or just the pads? Downtime sucks!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 am

with all those metal sheaving's in your oil may want to flush several times after you put back together to try to remove the fine grind dust of metal just a thought I added weight to mine also super easy, little bird shot weighed out an melt to pore, good luck with it What a Face
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 am

I might try something a friend used to do when I was a kid. He would fill the crank case with kerosene and turn the motor over. Not start it just turn it over and then drain it. He would do it a few times then fill it with oil. He said it would clean everything out. I won't do it with the new clutch I'll just throw the old drum in add oil then pull the plug wire
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

wow...might wanna see if you can clean the oil pump screen too
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
wow...might wanna see if you can clean the oil pump screen too

Good idea where on the motor is it Laughing
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:34 am

might have to pull the stater cover off too to get it all out
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am

can you get to the screen without going in cases ? the kerosene might be good had not heard that one in a while , over winter bought some for my heater in shop an holy shit at the price
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:02 am

wowzers...
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:07 am

put a strong magnet near the bottom of the crankcase and/or get a magnetic drain plug if you can find one. the first couple times you change the oil and filter take the magnet off and let the oil drain. you can also drag another magnet through the drained oil and/or split the filter to check for residual metal frags.
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:24 am

08Rhino450SE wrote:
put a strong magnet near the bottom of the crankcase and/or get a magnetic drain plug if you can find one. the first couple times you change the oil and filter take the magnet off and let the oil drain. you can also drag another magnet through the drained oil and/or split the filter to check for residual metal frags.

Thanks I was thinking last night about the magnetic drain plug. I just have to figure out the thread on the plug and try to find one with the same thread. I thought about putting a magnet on the filter also
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 am

rhino727 wrote:
can you get to the screen without going in cases ? the kerosene might be good had not heard that one in a while , over winter bought some for my heater in shop an holy shit at the price

no.. but there is a couple holes that would make it easier to flush out....
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:11 pm

magnetic plugs on ebay
Back to top Go down
krayg

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:55 pm

flimmy wrote:

Thanks I was thinking last night about the magnetic drain plug. I just have to figure out the thread on the plug and try to find one with the same thread. I thought about putting a magnet on the filter also

Gold plug sells them. They have a search feature where you can specify your year/make/model/engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wet clutch is screwed   My wet clutch is screwed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wet clutch is screwed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next