HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Vote_lcapOil on clutch - Page 2 Voting_barOil on clutch - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Oil on clutch - Page 2 Vote_lcapOil on clutch - Page 2 Voting_barOil on clutch - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Oil on clutch

Go down 
+8
EddieMc
rhino727
chuddly
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
Stuntmanmike
ChrisH
rhinosport84
weekendwarriorfsw32
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
weekendwarriorfsw32

weekendwarriorfsw32

Oil on clutch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Is it hard to add weight to the shoes? Also how hard is it to replace the wet clutch? Just undo the big bolt and pop it out?
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Use an impact gun to take the nut off, But first look at your one way bearing, mark it if you have to because it only works one way. You can buy a slug kit from KMS for about $50. or look up" how to add weight to your wet clutch" Then all you need is a gasket
Back to top Go down
weekendwarriorfsw32

weekendwarriorfsw32

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Well got a hold of JBS today and got my new wet clutch order and weights for the shoes. Had no idea how far I was going to be getting into this but I have learned a lot about CVT transmissions and I hope by the end of this to have a pretty bad ass bullet proof setup! Will let you guys know how it all goes back together and how it works after!
Back to top Go down
honda450sfm

honda450sfm

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Sounds like you performed the same maintenance as I did. You will be happy with the new found performance!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:37 pm

really listen to mike about the one-way, I 'm taking mine back apart to flip the one-way over , I thought for sure I had it right so really look at it good . you will like the clutch work good luck
Back to top Go down
weekendwarriorfsw32

weekendwarriorfsw32

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Will Do!! One other question I had is how important is the torque number on the wet clutch, I don't have a torque wrench that can torque the left handed thread on that one. Also how do you guys hold it so it wont turn when torquing?
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 4:17 pm

I install it with an inpact gun and use my calibrated hand. Really tho just give it a good hit with an inpact gun and hold the clutch by hand, then bend down the metal tab on the flat spot and you will be good.
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 12:14 am

when you finish let us know what thoughts you have about your mods confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil on clutch   Oil on clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil on clutch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2