HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
thinking of removing muzzys... Vote_lcapthinking of removing muzzys... Voting_barthinking of removing muzzys... Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
thinking of removing muzzys... Vote_lcapthinking of removing muzzys... Voting_barthinking of removing muzzys... Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

thinking of removing muzzys...

Go down 
+10
scottwv
Hump
Snorider
Tunderslimer
REDRHINO64
123.bert0621
thekevin
T.Rhino
WV Hot Rod Rhino
RHINOMOON
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

thinking of removing muzzys... Empty
PostSubject: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 pm

anyhoo like i said. im thinkin bout goin back to stock exhaust. but with bigger tip. i almost blew my motor when the tips got tottaly plugged. my issue is that i have alba maps, camed, other stuff dosnt matter see my sig.. i do belive James has a diffent map.. has anyone done up their rhino only too slightly undo it? thanks, Moon    Dancing Banana
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:53 am

i want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Me to the bigger the better. Stock sucks lol
Back to top Go down
thekevin

thekevin

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:45 pm

I took my Gibson exhaust off and went back to stock and I don't regret it.  It's nice being able to carry on a conversation while riding.  With that being said I will more than likely have an Alba exhaust on it before the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Stock with a big tip, big pipes are fun for a little,when its quiet my ears ring.
Back to top Go down
RHINOMOON

RHINOMOON

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 pm

ive had my muzzys for a few years now. alot has changed in the rhino world just seeing if there is a huge diff from stock +tip vs muzzys. now that we can tuning these things for anything. not in a rush.
Back to top Go down
REDRHINO64

REDRHINO64

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 pm

thekevin wrote:
I took my Gibson exhaust off and went back to stock and I don't regret it.  It's nice being able to carry on a conversation while riding.  With that being said I will more than likely have an Alba exhaust on it before the end of the year.

Im also thinking about the alba,my muzzys are rattling on the passenger side where the pipe goes into the muffler.seems to be loose and I don't think its going to get better!!! James sounds great....And I like the idea of no more repacking,just need to weld a bung on it for my af guage.
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:48 pm

I traded my muzzys for a stock can... also reinstalled the stock airbox lid and pipe... had to re jet waaaaay leaner but overall since I don't have many engine mods I didn't really notice any difference other than actually being able to hear my stereo.  LOL
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:04 pm

RENEGADE64 wrote:
thekevin wrote:

Im also thinking about the alba,my muzzys are rattling on the passenger side where the pipe goes into the muffler.seems to be loose and I don't think its going to get better!!! James sounds great....And I like the idea of no more repacking,just need to weld a bung on it for my af guage.

ha I had that same problem with my muzzy's. for mine the pipe went too far into the can so it couldn't clamp solid on the pipe. I spent some time on the phone with muzzys and lots of emails and pictures and just got the new pipe back today. going to see how it fits shortly. cause I need my rhino back up and running.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Hump

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:12 am

I liked the sound of the alba on James' rhino.  I never rode in it, so I can't say what that's like, but it didn't seem much louder if any than mine in the low to mid rpms.  It was alot quieter than the muzzys were on it I thought.  Now, when he got down on it hard and she was taching 6-8k it was mean and loud.  To me, that would be perfect.  Loudness goes with the rpms and how hard you are in the gas.

The muzzys are the most bad ass sounding pipes I've ever heard, but after riding all day with my tip on stock exhaust with windshield and dust shield, I believe mine is about loud enough for me.
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:39 am

X2 on the way they sound they sound awsome when you are jamming the peddle into the floor.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 8:19 am

Muzzy's aren't loud with "modified" whisper cores. I'll continue to "repair" mine , till I get $700 worth of running out of them !! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am

scottwv wrote:
Muzzy's aren't loud with "modified" whisper cores.  I'll continue to "repair" mine ,  till I get $700 worth of running out of them !!  Shocked 

been thinking about buying the whisper cores. Worth It?
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:34 pm

I have the whisper cores. I run them over 90% of the time. The Muzzys with the whisper cores are a little louder than stock with a tip. I think they sound great. But do not buy the Muzzys and whisper cores thinking it'll be just like stock.

There has been some talk of modifying the whisper cores to flow better so they don't steal as much of your power. The whisper core is a baffle that runs the entire length of the muffler canister with perforations in it. About halfway through the whisper core is a disc that separates the core into two chambers. My Muzzys have that disc positioned at an angle so that it doesn't quite seal off the two chambers. If you hold it up to the sun, you see a crescent moon shape of daylight. I hear that some of the whisper cores (perhaps the ones manufactured before mine) had that center disc completely sealing the two chambers. James has suggested drilling a hole in that disc to let the whisper core flow better with minimal noise penalty.
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Snorider wrote:
scottwv wrote:
Muzzy's aren't loud with "modified" whisper cores.  I'll continue to "repair" mine ,  till I get $700 worth of running out of them !!  Shocked 

Yupp!!!...IMO...too loud with just the quiet cores.  Unless you drill the hole in the whisper cores like James told Chris to do (btw...James drilled mine out )...they are too quiet; and , they get HOT ... Like light a smoke hot !!  I ain't gonna pr/bs anyone on this...IMO , without the "modified" whisper cores, they are too loud. Everyone NOT riding in the bike says they sound good...just can't hear the tunes very well inside the bike, and ya havta yell at whoever is ridin wit ya !!
Back to top Go down
wagon1

wagon1

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 pm

This is good stuff. I am wanting to put the whisper cores in mine. Wanna add some tunes but have not done it because although I like the power I have I can't hear myself think! Just adding loud tunes will make me deaf I am sure.thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.sawdy.com
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

scottwv wrote:
Snorider wrote:
scottwv wrote:

Yupp!!!...IMO...too loud with just the quiet cores.  Unless you drill the hole in the whisper cores like James told Chris to do (btw...James drilled mine out )...they are too quiet; and , they get HOT ... Like light a smoke hot !!  I ain't gonna pr/bs anyone on this...IMO , without the "modified" whisper cores, they are too loud. Everyone NOT riding in the bike says they sound good...just can't hear the tunes very well inside the bike, and ya havta yell at whoever is ridin wit ya !!
Scott's sound pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:16 pm

well I got the whisper cores and got them installed. Love em. lol doubt I'll ever put the so called "quiet cores" back in. even though the packing is a pain, I need to get some use out of these guys. how does the alba compare to muzzys with whisper cores noise wise?
Back to top Go down
wagon1

wagon1

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:52 am

?? Snorider do you have turn down tips on your Muzzy? I was told that helps as well.
Back to top Go down
Randy3451

Randy3451

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:35 am

I've been holding off from getting a new exhaust, I'm still running stock w a tip. I like the way it sounds, did the same thing to my Grizzly. Even with stock you have to lean in to talk when your moving along pretty good, I can't imagine my ears ringing after you stop, and we listen to the tunes while we're riding. Is there a noticeable difference in power with an exhaust? Sounds like I need to look at the Alba.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:01 pm

OEM Rhinos are load enough compared with others, a tip with a 15* degree drop is plenty for riding. The big exhaust is great fun for a while in my opinion and does give a little more power. Its hard to hear the tunes, and ringing ears are not for me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:15 pm

wagon1 wrote:
?? Snorider do you have turn down tips on your Muzzy? I was told that helps as well.
 I do have the turn downs. And I have then angled to the sides a bit. Found they were a little louder when straight down when I have a hitch or a hook in. Which is most of the time. Have the whisper cores now and man what an awesome difference.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:21 pm

wagon1 wrote:
 I do have the turn downs. And I have then angled to the sides a bit. Found they were a little louder when straight down when I have a hitch or a hook in. Which is most of the time. Have the whisper cores now and man what an awesome difference.
Back to top Go down
wagon1

wagon1

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for the info. I am currently torn between buying the whisper cores or saving up to buy the Alba. I know I will loose a little power with the whispers but its worth not going deaf. And yes my stock exhaust was pretty loud however, the gasket from the header pipe into the muffler was burnt out.

So what to do? I just spent $$ on some Pro Armor belts and upgrading to a JBS sheave which is pulls a lot harder than my last sheave.
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:08 pm

I hear ya. I'm wanting to know how the alba sounds noise wise to the muzzys with whisper cores. Other wise I might be saving up for something I don't need to clean screens and repack  as well. The jbs sheave was a nice upgrade from my last sheave as well. The only thing I don't like about James is every time I talk to him I want to spend a minimum of 500 bucks it seems. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinking of removing muzzys...   thinking of removing muzzys... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thinking of removing muzzys...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next