HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Aftermarket seat bases Vote_lcapAftermarket seat bases Voting_barAftermarket seat bases Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Aftermarket seat bases Vote_lcapAftermarket seat bases Voting_barAftermarket seat bases Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Aftermarket seat bases

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toobad4u

Aftermarket seat bases Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:39 pm

I saw the other post about building some, but I am just interested in buying a set.  I have my seats on order, so I figured I should get some of these on the way.  If you have some can you give me some personal opinions of what you have?  Would you buy them again or different brand? 
I will be building a cage once i get my seats in, and want to get the roof as low as possible.  I will post some pics once I start the cage build.  I came over from the rock crawling scene, so the cage shouldn't be too bad.  Just have to come up with a design I like. 

Thanks in advance,
Stephen
Back to top Go down
Bumpers

Bumpers

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:53 am

I have sdr seat bases but it wouldn't be hard to build a set if you have any fab skills and access to a plasma table or somthing
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:25 pm

i. wanna build some too,  can someone with some take a couple pics and maybe post the dimensions and steel...? or is their a thread on this type of thing?
Back to top Go down
toobad4u

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 pm

I ordered a set last night. I'll post some good pics once they arrive. I have the plasma but don't feel like trying to re-invent the wheel. Seems there is only basically 1 way to build them. Figuring $30-$40 in materials, and 3-4 hours in labor it is almost a break even deal to just buy them. That tedious stuff really sucks to me.

Stephen
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:38 am

you got a link of where you got them?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 6:49 am

Black rhino has them.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 am

thanks teddy,  will the base  work with a stock  seat?
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm not a %100 sure but yes I thank they will.
Back to top Go down
toobad4u

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

I ordered mine through Str8up Motorsports.  Hopwfully they will be here some time next week.  The ones I ordered say that they only work with aftermarket seats, but I'll take some pics and measurements once I get them in my hands. 

Stephen
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:04 pm

any update on the seat bases?
Back to top Go down
toobad4u

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah, the bases came in.  The seats I ordered don't bolt to them correctly since the Corbeau seats I got are designed for stock mounting locations.  The bases seem to be setup for a more universal type aftermarket seat.  I bolted the Corbeaus to the stock bases for now.  You sit at the same height, but they are way more comfortable.  They also have a little more lean back to them.  They are close to the bed.  The only main gripe I have about the Corbeau seats is that they stick outside of the roll bar about 1-1 1/2".  Some of the trails around here might be close to hitting them.  I'll just have to be careful.  Im going to keep the bases since they will bolt to a PRP or other aftermarket seat in case I decide these seats are too wide.

Stephen
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Good to know about the corbeau seats. thanks for that info. 

did you go low back or high back?

and depending which one you got do you wish you had gotten the other?
Back to top Go down
toobad4u

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

I got the high back for a Rhino.  I like the high back part, but wished I would have gotten a different brand of seat.  They are nice but a little too wide.  I had to bend the outside seatbelt bracket out quite a bit so they would fit. 

Stephen
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Ok I was thinking about the mastercraft seats but wasn't sure about High back or low back. Plus I was also thinking about the lower seat bases to get more head clearance from my gun rack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket seat bases   Aftermarket seat bases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket seat bases
Page 1 of 1