HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Lower seat bases. Vote_lcapLower seat bases. Voting_barLower seat bases. Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Lower seat bases. Vote_lcapLower seat bases. Voting_barLower seat bases. Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lower seat bases.

Go down 
+2
Mrs. Hot Rod
Workhorserhino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:17 pm

I would like to lower the seats some. I would like to make them myself. But need some ideas. study If anybody has them or made their own, post some pics please. The seat latch post also. Cause whatever the seat lowers the post will have to lower the same I think. scratch Might be next months project.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Hot Rod
Admin
Mrs. Hot Rod

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 pm

We ordered some but James never installed them & we ended up selling them to T.Rhino .... maybe he will chime in ...
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:47 pm

They are easy to make. The tricky part is to make them so they don't rattle! Keep in mind they are flat, the stock seat base is tilted back. So your seats will lean forward some. Also most bases that lower your seats need to move the seat outwards to clear the engine cover. I have had 2 sets and don't like them.My new LSR cage is 4" lower than stock so I'm currently using the stock bases on my BS Sand seats. Even with that setup I have spacers to lean the seat back a little. That's a whole different thread some day!
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Mrs. Hot Rod wrote:
We ordered some but James never installed them & we ended up selling them to T.Rhino .... maybe he will chime in ...
I will post some pics tonight.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:06 pm

The pics would be great, thanks. My seat can lean forward more. I was hoping for that. Stock is back a little to much for my back. Esspecially if I'm into for a long time. I was thinking for the back to bend a steel rod, make it look like the factory outline. Then grind to fit snug under bar or put rubber hose on it and use smaller diameter rod.
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm

Here is a pic of some made from aluminum. If you don't have suspension seats you don't have to cut out the center.
Click on the small pic to enlarge it.

http://www.unleashedutv.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=580&category_id=60&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Last edited by onebuilder on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
onebuilder

onebuilder

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:46 am

Lower seat bases. Null_zpsab87406b I hope these help you sound like you may be going in a differnt direction then I did. I installed 2 pieces of nylon blocks under my seats to raise the front up and lean them back just a little I also moved them back about a 1 1/2. I installed the knew latches because my seats and seat bases wouldn't work with the yamaha seat latches there 2 of the threaded handles with the nuts welded to the back side of sheet metal and the plastic covering that goes around your kick plate has matching holes in them so you can still take the seats out without having to take anything else off. Hope this helps let me know if you have anymore questions.Lower seat bases. Null_zpsdf56256cLower seat bases. Null_zpsa0dc609e
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks for the pics and suggestions everybody. I took a half day off yesterday. today after work finished roughing it out. This is what I ended up with.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Lower seat bases. P1000122
Pic of the frame bolted to seat.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:26 pm

Lower seat bases. P1000123
I wanted to use to original latch, because its easy and didn't have to buy anything else. So this is what I came up with.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Lower seat bases. P1000124
Modifications needed on front to make latch work.
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Lower seat bases. P1000125
Seat installed and latched in place.
Back to top Go down
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Looks better than factory!!! Now all ya got to do is pull straight out it looks like instead of up and out. Very nice work!Lower seat bases. 2016508534
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Lower seat bases. P1000126
From the side. The seat sets more upright, which feels good to me. I could lower the rear about 1/4 inch yet. I took a ride tonight when done, it seats good. I didn't notice any movement or noise from it. So for the most part I'm happy. Plus I didn't know it but the plastic base was cracked. Didn't notice it before. I would've had to do something at somepoint. Overall I think it was a lot of work for marginal gain.bounce If you can afford to buy them do so. I have trouble spending a 120 bucks for a piece of plate steel with some holes in it.Suspect Time versus gain on this one isn't so good. I still need to grind, clean and paint the bracket yet after turkey hunting in the morning. On the bright side, the wife left me alone for afternoon.cheerslol!
Back to top Go down
Workhorserhino

Workhorserhino

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:53 pm

CustomizedRhino13 wrote:
Looks better than factory!!! Now all ya got to do is pull straight out it looks like instead of up and out. Very nice work!Lower seat bases. 2016508534
Yup, it actually works very well. Putting back in isn't bad either. Aline the back, lift the front a hair and pop it on. As for the work, the welds will hold but they aint pretty, to many beers.lol!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:55 am

looks good to me cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lower seat bases. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lower seat bases.   Lower seat bases. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lower seat bases.
Page 1 of 1