HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Vote_lcapRhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Voting_barRhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Vote_lcapRhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Voting_barRhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rhino REEKS like gas.

Go down 
+5
REDRHINO64
08Rhino450SE
123.bert0621
ASPENDELLROVER
Tunderslimer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:29 am

thanks for all the replies guys!  it's hot up here now, closing in on 30C most days.  my gas cap is billet, and seals up well.  i haven't had a chance to pull it apart yet - but i'm suspecting, like most of you, it is in the carb/fuel line area.  i'll let you know what I find once I tear into it.  sounds like we are going riding sunday, and it's gonna be hot.  gotta fix this.

i find the smell gives me heartburn.  could be the three thousand beers and the bumps too though.
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 12:31 am

08Rhino450SE wrote:
Tunderslimer wrote:
08Rhino450SE wrote:
prolly just fuel backed into the air filter (reversion) bounce

how does one fix this?  actually before any assumptions I'll tear it up and let you know what I find.  

like, it REEEEEEKS.  like $$$$ going into the air.

is it a stock carb, cam, valves and exhaust?

yep stock everything.  wasn't when i bought it, i rejetted, removed muzzy's, and installed new stock airbox.
Back to top Go down
08Rhino450SE

08Rhino450SE

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 am

does the air filter smell fuel-soaked?

do you know if there was a cam installed when you bought it?
if so the cam might have too much overlap for a stock exhaust.
a stock exhaust with a high overlap cam would not allow proper scavenging of the cylinder exhaust gasses, causing them to pulse back into your intake and cause standoff at the carb/air cleaner.

for now i would clean out the air filter and try to get as much air into the cylinder as possible. if the air cleaner is fuel-soaked you'll know that it's happening. if not then something else is going on.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 am

Make sure after you fix the fuel problem,change your engine oil.
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:41 am

08Rhino450SE wrote:
does the air filter smell fuel-soaked?

do you know if there was a cam installed when you bought it?
if so the cam might have too much overlap for a stock exhaust.
a stock exhaust with a high overlap cam would not allow proper scavenging of the cylinder exhaust gasses, causing them to pulse back into your intake and cause standoff at the carb/air cleaner.

for now i would clean out the air filter and try to get as much air into the cylinder as possible. if the air cleaner is fuel-soaked you'll know that it's happening. if not then something else is going on.
 it's a possibility.  still haven't had a chance to check it, but this thing was macked out as far as it could be.  an aftermarket cam wouldn't surprise me... we had it up to 92 km/h with stock exhaust, jetting and air box.  would a rhino on 27's, made stock aside from a CDI and JBS sheave, do 92 km/h (57 mph)?

i do feel pressure at the air intake on the center console when it's running, like air both going in and out.  it goes like a raped ape and runs awesome.  just stinks.
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 am

123.bert0621 wrote:
Make sure after you fix the fuel problem,change your engine oil.
 absolutely, thanks for the reminder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Found the problem boys (and girl!)

Shitty OEM hose clamp at the carb end of the fuel line and a leaky float bowl gasket.  i re-jetted not that long ago and should have replaced the gasket.  ah well, cheap fix luckily.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Real good news for you,I guess that means your off to Harrison again.Smile
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:29 pm

123.bert0621 wrote:
Real good news for you,I guess that means your off to Harrison again.Smile
 not this weekend but next!!!!  Very Happy  i'll post a video compilation of both the week we were away plus the next weekend... i'm gonna go HARD next time out!!!  haha
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Have a great time Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 pm

speaking of Harrison, they told me not to ride on the beach.  FINE, I'LL RIDE IN THE LAKE.

Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 20130730_155006
Back to top Go down
Tunderslimer

Tunderslimer

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 pm

found a sweet 200 ft sandbar... damn dog wouldn't let me out of the water.

Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 20130730_154912
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Thats funny,looks almost tropical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhino REEKS like gas.   Rhino REEKS like gas. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhino REEKS like gas.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2