HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Vote_lcapTilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Voting_barTilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Vote_lcapTilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Voting_barTilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?

Go down 
+2
Snorider
roh1961
6 posters
AuthorMessage
roh1961

Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Empty
PostSubject: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:33 am

My folding windshield got busted and I'm getting another one preferably before winter. I had a folding one but it had a metal valance and not the added top glass piece. It worked, but driving in a fair downpour would allow a lap full of water over the top. My dad has a tilt out on his Polaris but it is doesn't have good circulation in the summer like mine did riding with the top half folded down. I liked the ability of folding rather than having to remove the top half to stay cool. Anyone have any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
Snorider

PostSubject: Re: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:47 am

I have the versa shield on the rhino and love it, but if you don't like removing either section that is kinda out. On the new ranger, we have the tilt out and it has been great. never have had it tilted out to the second setting as just opening it up to the first spot has been more than enough air flow for us, even in 95*+ heat. which being in texas I'm sure you get a lot of.

Never been a fan of tilting, and never ran one so I can't help ya there. Besides saying that if the tilting worked great for ya I would go back with it. I know when I broke the top half of my versa shield I didn't waste any time getting a new top piece made. switching styles never crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:08 am

yea bert I liked what he did with his wind shield
Back to top Go down
Kenny G

Kenny G

PostSubject: Re: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 1:10 am

Like the versa shield really well on my ride. Great in the summer time with just lower section and nice in the winter with the full shield.
Back to top Go down
Mauser69

Mauser69

PostSubject: Tilt   Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:53 pm

I went through my first winter up here without a windshield - had to wear my full-face motorcycle helmet to handle the cold wind.  Now that it is getting cold again, I figured I'd try to find a better option.  I wasn't sure what to buy - was leaning towards a fold-down, but found a good price on Amazon for the Kolpin tilt-out, so took a chance on that.  After having it on for a few days, I'm pretty sure the tilt-out type is the best option.  With the windshield totally closed, the dust really gets sucked in from the back when running fast, so that shows that a solid shield or a non-vented folding shield would not be good for me.  With the Kolpin tilt-out, opening it to the first notch really reduces the dust problem, and all the cold air that comes in is routed completely up and over our heads (and I am 6'5"), so that makes a good option for a fast run out to the mail box when the roads are dry and the wind is icy.  I can ride 50 MPH with my cowboy hat totally still and no cold wind in the face while still not choking on the dust at any speed.

When out rock-crawling, I found that opening the windshield to the second notch (full out) lets me look naturally right through the opening for a clear unobstructed view of the path immediately in front - perfect, even if the windshield is wet or dirty.

And when it is warm out, the entire top section is very easy to remove, so it seems like I pretty much get the best of all worlds.  If I had gone with a fold-down I might be forced to either choke on the dust or suck the icy air, and that would just make it wasted money for me.
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Glad to here you got what you needed, I also have a folding Half windshield and its just what I needed , the only time that the full is missed is -20 when the windchill is bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?    Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tilt Out or Folding Windshield?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM :: General Rhino :: General Rhino Discussion-
Jump to: