HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Scratched up windshield Vote_lcapScratched up windshield Voting_barScratched up windshield Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Scratched up windshield Vote_lcapScratched up windshield Voting_barScratched up windshield Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Scratched up windshield

Go down 
+9
chuddly
NickH
scottwv
rhinoroger
flimmy
WV Hot Rod Rhino
T.Rhino
GETERDUN
Quadog
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Quadog

Quadog

Scratched up windshield Empty
PostSubject: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm about to buy a new full windshield because mine is all scratched up but before I do I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a way to get the scratches out. I'm just gonna scratch up a new one eventually anyway. It's ok in the daytime but at nite it sucks.  Looks like a million spider webs when headlites from another offroader comes toward me.
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

GETERDUN

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:11 pm

Just make sure you get a polycarbonate one.  You can do a search and buy a sheet and make it yourself.....
Back to top Go down
T.Rhino

T.Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Geterdun is right I thank it is called Mr10 that works the best & put car wax on it.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:32 pm

we sell the yamaha...its tuff as shit and scratch proof..
Back to top Go down
flimmy

flimmy

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Has anyone every tried to use the stuff for getting the haze out of car headlights ? The lenses are plastic and it worked pretty good on my Tacoma headlights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trailbrightled.com
rhinoroger

rhinoroger

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:59 pm

OEM Yamaha, very very tough, no scratches on mine yet....
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:55 pm

flimmy wrote:
Has anyone every tried to use the stuff for getting the haze out of car headlights ? The lenses are plastic and it worked pretty good on my Tacoma headlights.
We have used Meguiar's PlastX to "clean" my buds plex-glass windsheild.  It does a really good job....3M ultra fine compound works very well too !!  (either one works better with a buffer)...IMO...automotive safetyglass winsheilds , are the way to go !!
Back to top Go down
NickH

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:26 am

A buddy of mine has a Honda 4 wheeler with a digital display similar to the one on our rhinos.  It had sat outside for years and the plastic was so bad you couldn't read it.  Sun-faded and scratched to shit.  This summer I polished up the headlights on my VW and saved the leftover stuff from the kit.  So I tried it on the dash and with some elbow grease, it turned out like brand new.  You start with 500, 800, 1000, 3000, and then the rubbing compound.  If anyone has done their headlights, you know this would take forever and a day to do a windshield size thing, but I think it would work fine.  Just keep the paper wet, I use soapy water while wet sanding.  And plenty of it.     Nick
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:39 am

i just fixed mine up when i went to put it on for the season.  Buffed it with a black foam polishing pad and some 3m polishing compound.  Keep your RPM's low and the pad flat and it fixed all the problems...the windshield looks great now.
Back to top Go down
Baxter Built Fabrications

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:51 am

You can even wet sand the scratches out before buffing if its to bad.A buddy of mine has done mine a few times.Next time he does one for me I'll get some pics.Chuddly is right use low RPMs and keep it wet.It will distort like crazy if you get to carried away or buy the Yamaha polycarbonate windshield and never mess with it.lol
Back to top Go down
Quadog

Quadog

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm

I'll try to sand it out before buying a new one.  Sure can't hurt it.  lol
Back to top Go down
kylonggun

kylonggun

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 pm

I use SC1 on mine
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:30 am

I have the OEM  very tough.
Back to top Go down
cammoup

cammoup

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

I have cleared about 200 Subarus or more along with other cars including a couple of police cars what I find best and am a true fan of NOVUS. Ive been using ot for 15 or so years.

Its a 3 step process. I also used it to clean all of my Lexon windows on my race car. Get the large bottles or kit and it will last you a while. Depending on the haze/ pits very light buffing.

J.R.
Back to top Go down
Quadog

Quadog

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
cammoup

cammoup

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scratched up windshield   Scratched up windshield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scratched up windshield
Page 1 of 1